Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?  

304 members have voted

1. 1. Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?

• Agriculture
    • Energy
    • Equities
    • Equity Index
    • FX
    • Interest Rate
    • Metals
    • Other

Glad to be here and entrusted with being a mod James. Thanks for all your info and for creating the best site for future traders. :cool:

I'm going to create a thread here to track my daily P&L soon. I'll put it up from when I started paper trading for real and hope to get feedback, including a smack in the head when I do something dumb. I'm feeling pretty good about going live and think I may be just a few weeks away. Then I can finally start using the Tradestation platform and get tick hooks in a proper fashion. For now I'm stuck using stockcharts.com and having it refresh every 15 seconds instead of streaming. :roll eyes:

I have several internals windows and then my Ninja trader layout and have to flip back and forth, it's very in-efficient the way I do this now.

New to the forum so wanted to say hi, currently working on auto trading techniques using the ninja platform. Really interested in Wally's threads. If anyone else is doing auto in Ninja drop me a line.

Philip

Hello all, I'm a 21 year old college student from Austin, TX.

I just got into the markets recently and I am an active options trader.

I don't actually buy stocks -I've actually never been long on a stock, but I have shorted stocks before.

I love to look at charts and technical analysis, I have my own blog - http://williamgcash.blogspot.com and I look forward to all I can do and learn in the market.

Hey guys my name is Matt. I started trading about 4 months ago. Have done pretty well due to some bidu options. I just opened a futures account on tradestation. I think i will be much more successful intraday than swing. I have read 20 books in the last 4 months and absolutely love trading and the market in general. I consider this my hobby and my future career considering i'm only 21. I will continue to learn and progress at this game and will work twice as hard as anyone around me to achieve my goals. void of emotion of course.

This forum looks great and I am happy I stumbled upon it. I feel there is alot that I can learn from you guys, and that is a great thing.

Welcome to the forums Matt. Naah, emotions in trading are good to a degree....fear can tell you when you are about to do something stupid, just like in everyday life...

courage is what is necessary....there is a difference in fear and being afraid...fear may be intuition at work saying it's a bad move, even if you don't catch it with your eyes first....so it can be helpful....

being courageous comes into play when you review the situation after the initial fear, and realize it is in fact a good move you're planning...and then act accordingly.

Hi friends

My name is Karthik, from India. I am a positional Traders. TA is my passion and I keep experimenting a lot. Hope to share some of my work here and also learn from the great Traders here.

Warm regards

Karthik

Hello All! I just wanted to introduce myself to the world of TL and say - fantastic articles and threads here on trading discipline! Obviously, there are a number of veteran traders here - thank you for giving all of us your insights on being successful at this as a profession.

For my first question, does anyone out there have an opinion and/or advice regarding TradeStation? I started with Investtools, moved from there to Think or Swim, discovered Options not my interest, moved to TD Ameritrade (terrible tools for daytrading), and I am thinking TS may be my best move.

Any opinions?

Thanks again, and I look forward to interacting with many of you here in the forums.

B

I use TS for charts but not for executing trades. Mainly for research purposes and their charting is very slick with many feature, been using for more than 3 years now. I heard a similar product Multicharts very close to TS (check this forum), even uses all the TS formatted files too. I'm planning on looking at this one more closely and see if i can get a better deal if it offers the same features.

Brownsfan, I am focused on equity instruments (stocks), daytrading and swingtrading these with candlestick/price pattern/Volume analysis strategy selection and entry/exit.

Torero - yes I have also heard of Multicharts - but I am a pretty active trader, so I can get TS for free! Such a deal lol. Thanks for the assurance that its charts are powerful.

Hi,

I belong to the category of "readers" (not "posters"), since I still developing an approach to the markets.

I really enjoy the discussions of this site (expecially those about Vsa): great material for who is just starting (like me).

Thank to all the people who mantain this forum every day.

greenmark

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By StraussX
      Hi GUYS, Happy Wednesday!
      I'd like to share daily forex analysis from Followme, hope this information helps your trading.
      Today, Let's focus on AUD and NZD.
      AUDUSD is trading at 0.6761; the instrument is moving below Ichimoku Cloud, thus indicating a descending tendency. The markets could indicate that the price may test the cloud’s downside border at 0.6765 and then resume moving downwards to reach 0.6635. Another signal to confirm further descending movement is the price’s rebounding from the descending channel’s upside border. However, the scenario that implies further decline may be canceled if the price breaks the cloud’s upside border and fixes above 0.6825. In this case, the pair may continue growing towards 0.6905.

NZDUSD is trading at 0.6447; the instrument is moving below Ichimoku Cloud, thus indicating a descending tendency. The markets could indicate that the price may test the cloud’s downside border at 0.6455 and then resume moving downwards to reach 0.6315. Another signal to confirm further descending movement is the price’s rebounding from the resistance level. However, the scenario that implies further decline may be canceled if the price breaks the cloud’s upside border and fixes above 0.6525. In this case, the pair may continue growing towards 0.6645.
    • By millonmethod
      Hello everyone!
      I am an advanced trader, with many years of experience (about 15 years - 10 living exclusively from this)
      I am going to give you some tips that you must know:
      There are going to be many people who tell you that trade is easy, that with only crossiing a line  with another one you will win a lot of money.... and that´s not true.  No, Sir, reality is far away from that. Many people who start arrive here with the hope that someone "gives them" a free method, they watch youtube videos thinking that this will give them the "strategy" and in a few days they realize that it does not work for them - they lose money - and then They go looking for a new one ... and so on. YES, IT´S TRUE YOU EARN IN TRADING, A LOT. BUT THINK: for a few to win (10% + any BROKER) many others must lose (90% people). YOU MUST HAVE A MONEY MANAGMENT FORMULA ( you can email me) People study so many years to live on this, not because they are dumb, but to know what they do, when, and have absolute effectiveness. It´s very easy to get lost here: do not disperse, jumping from one to another strategy WILL NEVER give you money, it will only waste your time and make you nervous when trading. PEOPLE WHO CHANGE THEIR METHOD CONSTANTLY : LOOOOSE ALWAYS.   If you have the knowledge to develop it, take your time and do it.  Always try it first on DEMO for at least 2 weeks! If not: search to buy a solid strategy (no you tube videos pleassse ! Avoid losing money! ) This is like any business, it requires some capital to start (capital = money in the broker + solid made /purchased strategy) If you are lost: I RECOMMEND YOU NOT TO WASTE TIME IN YOUTUBE, JOIN PEOPLE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCE AND IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY A METHOD ... PLEASE !!!! DO NOT BUY 10 BAD AND CHEAP METHODS, SAVE MONEY AND BUY ONLY 1 BUT EXCLUSIVE AND MUST ALLWAYS HAVE SUPPORT !!!!!  Do not buy Signals! They never keep up with constant profits! One week will win and the next will lose. Nothing that does not depend absolutely on you will give you the money you are looking for. And if you do not have a strategy (made or purchased) do not even try PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE: DO NOT USE REAL MONEY! AT LEAST 2 WEEK DEMO FREE HELP HERE!!!!!  IF YOU FOLLOW MY ADVICE YOU WILL BE PART OF THAT 10% WINNER, email me.
      Have a nice trading day

• Topics

• Came back to check on price after an hour of meditation, EU came within 3 ticks of target... Fascinating the ego brings up the story of betrayal, as if the market was out there to get me. I then reminded myself cool, this trade went over 2R. Even better yet, I acted consistently with executing my trading plan! Let the market do its thing. 
    • I took this limit long on the retest of the earlier 123 and support area. Target is near top of the zone. I notice that my target needs to be more mechanical in the sense that I may be influence to have a more/less aggressive target based on the results of the last trade. I have collected some modifications for the next batch of trades. 
    • Correction: the GU made it to 45 out of a 49 tick target. It was a 2.5R full target, not 3R. The EU long trade was 7:15am EST. I will refrain from getting up even earlier with the goal of not missing the next one. I notice after each trade, the mind, with the desire of wanting to experience a win, subtly pushes me to deviate from trading plan. My main concern with this set of 20 trades is build a greater sense of consistency in my execution and self trust. I realized the outcome of each individual trade absolutely does not matter. If I started to care about it, I am assuming that somehow I am responsible for the market's movement, which I am not. I am only responsible for following my trading plan, which can be adjusted after the 20 trades based on the stats I collect. 
    • GU closed for -1R. It made it to 2.8R but not quite the 3R. There was also a EU long trade that happened about 4:15am EST. FOMC is over now so let's see if we can get a nice trend setup today.  
    • Date : 22nd August 2019. MACRO EVENTS & NEWS OF 22nd August 2019. FX News Today * FOMC minutes did not provide strong clues on the direction of rates. * However, the lack of a signal that the Fed’s July rate cut was the start of an easing cycle was enough to eventually weigh on Treasuries. * Asian stock markets struggled as investors continued to digest the implications of yesterday’s Fed minutes and trading conditions remained quieter than usual ahead of Powell’s speech at Jackson Hole tomorrow. * Yields closed at their highs of the session after holding cheap levels all session. The curve narrowed below 1 bp as the short end underperformed. * US President Trump continued to criticize the Fed Chairman, while suggesting the US may strike a deal on trade, but that didn’t prevent US futures from heading south overnight. * Topix and Nikkei are currently down -0.13% and -0.09% respectively, despite improvements in PMI readings that were counterbalanced by an as expected decline in the All Industry Index. * The WTI future meanwhile fell back to $55.45 per barrel.   * Brexit: Merkel gives Johnson 30 days to solve Backstop conundrum. * Johnson is today expected in Paris, where the tone is likely to be harsher than in Berlin, although both Merkel and Macron have stressed that they are ready for a no-deal Brexit if there is no agreement. * The UK curve remains inverted out to the 10-year area. Charts of the Day Technician’s Corner *USDJPY printed a two-day low, at 106.28.The biggest mover, not surprisingly, has been AUDJPY, a forex market barometer of shifting risk-appetite patterns in global markets. The cross was showing a 0.5% loss heading into the London interbank open, and was testing one-week lows at 71.90. Next Support stands at 71.76 and 71.60. Resistance is at the pivot 72.20 level. Main Macro Events Today * Jackson Hole Symposium – Day 1 * Services and Manufacturing PMI (EUR, GMT 07:30-08:00) – July PMI readings highlighted manufacturing weakness. This picture is likely to be seen again in the preliminary readings for August, as Manufacturing PMI has been forecast at 46.3 from 46.5 last month, still down from 47.6 in June, and indicates a deepening recession in a sector that has been hit very hard by global trade tensions and no-deal Brexit risks. Meanwhile, Services PMI is expected to fall to 52.7 from 53.2. * Services and Manufacturing PMI (USD, GMT 13:45) – Preliminary Manufacturing is expected to grow in August, to 51.0 from 50.4, as Services PMI is likely to fall to 51.7 from 53. * New Zealand Retail Sales (NZD, GMT 22:45) – Usually considered an index of consumer confidence and overall consumption in the economy, higher retail sales point to higher consumption and hence higher economic growth which is good for the currency. Support and Resistance levels Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business. Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report. Click HERE to access the full HotForex Economic calendar. Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE! Click HERE to READ more Market news. Andria Pichidi Market Analyst HotForex Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.