Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?  

304 members have voted

1. 1. Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?

• Agriculture
    • Energy
    • Equities
    • Equity Index
    • FX
    • Interest Rate
    • Metals
    • Other

7 hours ago, Emma Bunton said:

Hi traders, how are you? I am just joined here. The community looks beautiful, easy and good structure. 

yea

a good forum with great users

Having just finished reading Ric Edelman The Truth About Money, I am figuring it is best to  keep trying the old fashioned way and " get rich slowly".  I have set up my trading accounts with a 20% profit point, and an +/- 8% stop loss point. 

Over a period of 5 -1 5 years, the stock market reliably returns about 10% per year, on average.  So I am looking at doing less trading, except programmatically, to rebalance, and when I get near to a sell target.

I am also managing for volatility, by splitting my account between equities and  fixed income, real estate, and cash. The cash I suppose to be used in event of market melt down, to go pick up some bargains!

I have just recently started to learn forex trading, I wouldn't call myself an trader, I would put myself in the begineer category. Not a expert of trading but a newbie either.

On 7/25/2018 at 9:59 AM, danparkes said:

My Name is Dan. I'm a beginner trader. I'm looking for a good place to start when it comes to day trading? 

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi Dan,

I am new here too, but I have been studying/trading for a few years. I would recommend looking into day trading with price action. I am currently enrolled in Al Brooks Price Action course,
but there are books you can start out with. Understanding Price Action by Bob Volman is a good book.

Good luck.

hello, my name is cart, i just joined this forum.  I am not an alien, but learning to speak and very grateful to the alien types who asked I seek out this forum.

Looking forward to learning

Good afternoon,

I'm new on here.  I came looking to find some info on the Forex market.  I've seen lots of brokers ads about the Forex and seen some people talking about the Forex market, but I've never payed to much attention to it. I always had other markets to look at or other things to do.  So, what I need is a point to start learning ... like what a PIP is,  how do you buy/sell this currency pair, how much money is a PIP ( if I make 100 PIPs how much is that ) , etc.

Secondly,  I wanted to know if anyone had ever taken the EAP course by Steven Hart ?  How that came out and so forth ?

Hi,

I am new here - just made my maiden post about what I think about SPY's future.

I've been learning how to trade since last 3-4 months only. It would be great to meet like minded folks!

Cheers!

Hi this Andy Goswami from NJ, joined this forum.

Beginner in Futures trading - about 4th week into live trading.

Looking for lots of mentoring, coaching. Have a day job but trying to plan to replace the inflow.

Looking forward to exciting times and a new way of life.

Thanks

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Pro_Traders
      Hi Everyone,
      A lot of people are investing in the stock market as a preparation for retirement days. Yes, it is one primary reason why you should start getting involved in the world of trading but there are other valid reasons you might need to look at. Investing in the stock market means for most people, securing their immediate future and of course hoping that along the way, they earn a considerable amount of cash. Investing in the stock market could give you the power and means to possibly buy the home you've always wanted. While you do not essentially need the full money upfront, you still need the money for down payments to lower down the interest and get a good deal. With a better deal, you will pay less over the years you need to complete to pay the house in full. It also means that you will have immediate equity in your home as an additional bonus. Another good benefit of investing in the stock market is you are not only preparing your future but as well as your children's future. Winning big in the market possibly set up scenarios in which you could send your kids to college for them to start establishing their careers and make their dreams and your dreams a reality. This is yet another long term goal but not that long compared to retirement.

• By Ninjatrader_Staff
      Here is a quick educational video we created on Options on Futures.

• By Quantower
      The main goal of this thread is to show what Power Trades is and how it works in different markets. We will show some patterns on the ES and NQ futures, as well as discuss possible improvements to this functionality.
      What is Power Trades?
      Ok, first we will consider what the Power Trades is and how it finds zones.
      Power Trades shows the zones with the execution of a large number of orders in a very short time, which will affect the price change with a high probability.
      Here are a few examples of how it looks like

How it finds zones?
      There is a continuous process of placing, changing and executing orders in the market. All this affects the price change and the expectations of traders regarding the future price.
      When a large order appears at a certain level, the price is more likely to come to this order and it will be executed because the market is always looking for levels with liquidity. This already applies to the order flow and the mechanics of orders matching, so we will omit the principles on which the orders are matched.
      It is only important to understand that "abnormal events" occur in the market at certain times. Execution of a significant volume of orders in a very short time is one of such events.
      The Power Trades Scanner has several important settings that directly affect the results:

Total Volume — the minimum value of the volume that should be traded during the specified time interval
      Time Interval, sec — the time over which the Total Volume should be traded
      Basis Volume Interval, sec — this parameter shows how much % took the traded volume in the total volume for the specified time.
      Zone Height, ticks — this parameter will show only those zones where the height is less than or equal to the specified value (in ticks).
      Level2 level count — the number of levels that are involved in the calculation of Imbalance and the Level 2 Ratio column in the table of results.
      Filter by Delta,% — the parameter will show zones that have a delta value greater than or equal to that specified in the setting. The value must be specified by the module, so the table will show both positive and negative delta values. We recommend paying attention to the zones with the delta above 50% (taking into account the specifics of each trading instrument).
      For example, let's set the Total Volume of 2000 contracts and Time Interval in 3 seconds on the E-mini SP500 futures. This means that the scan will be based on the available history and will show on the chart only those zones that have such a volume for the specified time.

Additionally, it is worth to set a delta value to filter out the zones with one-side trades. The more delta value, the high probability that the price will reverse.

So, as a starting point about this scanner, I think this information will be enough
    • By Ninjatrader_Staff
      Open a new NinjaTrader Brokerage account by June 30th and SAVE on your Lifetime license purchase or lease:

Lifetime License:Only $899 ($200 savings) Quarterly Lease:3 months free ($225 savings)

Along with access to premium features including Chart Trader, OCO orders & more, you will also save on trades with discount commissions as low as $.09 per Micro contract and low forex spreads.
      Simply fund your account with the account minimum of $400 to lock in your savings.
      With the recent launch of Micro E-mini futures from the CME, now is the ideal time to open your account & trade with the full power of NinjaTrader’s award-winning platform!
      Questions?
      Contact us at 312.262.1289 or brokeragesales@ninjatrader.com.
      Platform License Discount Requirements:

Account must be opened & funded in June 2019 with $400 minimum Discount is available for new US-based and international futures accounts and US-based forex accounts Discount is applicable to software purchase or lease only 2nd accounts for current NinjaTrader Brokerage account owners not eligible for platform discounts

• By MoneyMaker-Research
      The Indian rupee snapped two-day losing streak against the dollar in a seesaw game with the greenback on Thursday and gained 13 paise to trade at day’s high level of 69.71/$.
  • Topics

• Very long time since I made last post. Thought about posting one chart. Stock name is masked intentionally as I am having position. My views may be biased. My way of viewing chart. Chart is self explanatory
    • Litecoin Price Prediction Today: Daily (LTC) Value Forecast – July 18   LTC/USD Medium-term Trend: Bearish ·         Resistance Levels: $100, $110, $120 ·         Support levels: $90, $80, $70 Yesterday, July 17, the price of Litecoin was in a bullish trend. On July 16, the downward correction ended at the price of $80 price level. The $80 support level was the previous low of April 11 and May 6. The support level is holding as the bulls made an upward move towards the EMAs. On the upside, if the bulls break above the 12-day EMA and the 26-day EMA, the crypto’s price will rise and retest the $140 overhead resistance level. However, the bulls are likely to face resistance at the $120 price level.The MACD line and the signal line are below the zero line which indicates a sell signal.     LTC/USD Short-term Trend: Bullish On the 1-hour chart, the LTC price is in a bullish trend. The 12-day EMA and the 26-day EMA are trending upward because the price has commenced an upward movement. On July 16, in the downtrend, the bears reached a low of $76 but pulled back above the $80 price level.   Yesterday, the bulls broke above the EMAs and commenced ranging below the $94 price level. Today the bulls have broken the $94 resistance level and  are approaching the high of $100.The MACD line and the signal line are above the zero line which indicates a buy signal.     The views and opinions expressed here do not reflect that of BitcoinExchangeGuide.com and do not constitute financial advice. Always do your own research.   Source: https://bitcoinexchangeguide.co
    • CRUDE OIL Corrective Pullback Mode Remains    CRUDE OIL corrective pullback mode remains as more decline is likely in the days ahead. Support lies at the 56.50 level where a break will expose the 56.00 level. A cut through here will set the stage for a run at the 55.50 level. Further down, support comes in at the 55.00 level. Its daily RSI is a bearish and pointing lower suggesting further weakness. On the upside, resistance resides at the 57.50 levels. Further out, resistance comes in at the 58.00 level. A break above here will aim at the 58.50 level and then the 59.00 level followed by the 59.50.00 level. All in all, CRUDE OIL remains biased to the downside nearer term on pullback.  
    • I had used binance and hotforex, first one for bitcoin to altcoins and the second one for EURUSD and they also added BTCUSD and BTCEUR pair too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.