Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?

• Agriculture
    • Energy
    • Equities
    • Equity Index
    • FX
    • Interest Rate
    • Metals
    • Other

From southern Ontario , Canada. Followed a link over here about VSA analysis and read the thread, very good one indeed. I trade the S&P. Not a full time trader , although it takes up most of my free time. Interesting place.

erie

I just wanted to stop by and thank James for this website.

I have lurked and learned so much here from so many of the regular posters. I have tried to trade full time on three other occasions over the past 14 years, each time only managing to break even and eventually having to go back to the 9-5 arena of working for others.

I have tried researching and applying every technique I could read about. Man, there is so much absolute CRAP out there! It's just like religion and politics, so many people believe so ardently in false principles and then begin to teach preach and prophesy and establish websites and chat-rooms in the name of their false God. Sometimes there *are* unselfish speakers of truth that try and freely give (ie; "The Rumpled One" for one) and get censored and banned because hypocritical conflicts of interest of others. Yet, there *is* truth out there. And no one man (or vendor) has it all. I have learned "Correct Principles" and now I "Govern myself".

After researching and rejecting mumbo jumbo like Gann, Fibonacci (which only works because lots of people believe it works), Elliot Wave, AstroCycles, etc; I have settled on statistical regressive analysis on an intraday time frame using momentum to "scalp".

I now have great indicators and analysis techniques, but, actual trading in real time was still missing "something". I was dissatisfied with the risk:reward ratio of many of the trades I was taking in the limited time I have to trade in the morning prior to my 9-5 "job".

I have finally made a breakthrough after hearing about VSA from some webinar somewhere and started doing research. That's how I found this site. It was like finding a treasure that I had always believed existed, but thought it was hidden by some complicated magic and secrecy that you always hear about in some vendor's spiel. I bought a few of the recommended books on the TL review list dealing with tape reading and watched the videos by James. Wow. It was like someone turned the lights on in a dim room!! I have so many ideas that I have researched and implemented that WORK! I now know when NOT to take a trade because I can see the underlying up/down volume is not confirming. I only take FAT obvious trades in the limited time I have.

I would say that, if I had the cash funds to cover the bills for 6 months (recent divorce settlements really puts a damper on things, eh?), I could trade for a living right now. However, being the prudent man that I have become (this isn't the first time I've tried this), I will probably go full time in the next 6 months as my trading account slowly grows to allow placing a large sum in a savings account.

To James (for contributing and controlling this website) and SO MANY OF YOU that unselfishly share yourselves here so often to help others like me. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Bob Perry,

Los Altos, CA

Hello there,

I am someone who has never traded before. I'm a full time student even tho I am on holidays at the moment. I am interested in the stockmarket because of the personal rewards it can bring and I am not just talking about money, tho that is nice. :o

My main interest in the stockmarket is selling put option spreads as I know people who have quit their jobs because of the cashflow it can bring.

So yeah, thanks for clicking on my first post! :)

greasy_pancakes

Hey folks, just wanted to introduce myself really quick: My name is Brandon I'm a 24-year-old Econ and Finance student and trader in training. I've traded stocks and Forex with minimal success, and now have my sights set on futures. I've been a lurker on the forum till now, just absorbing all I can from everything I can find. This forum has been a been a wonderful source of knowledge, and is doing a great job of keeping me on track. Much thanks to you all.

Brandon

Hi! This is an amazing site with a wealth of information. I hope to contribute something useful some day. But for now I can only read with awe at all the terrific insight and wisdom that are posted here everyday.

I have been investing in stocks for 10+ years now with modest success. I recently started learning about options and found the topic just fascinating. I wrote a few covered calls just so I would have some real vested interest in the subject. I plan to continue with just options, most likely covered calls and cash secured puts, for a few more years.

For me, investing is a hobby. I do it because I enjoy the process and not necessarily the money itself.

Hello! I've been lurking for a bit, but I figured it was about time I make my formal introduction. I started dabbling in stocks almost ten years ago, but never found a trading style that really worked for me. It wasn't until just in this past year a good friend of mine turned me onto futures, and the lightbulb went off big-time! I now exclusively trade ES, alternating between 2 tick scalps and bigger plays of up to 4 points. Thanks to James I'm now trading with Infinity, while using Tradestation for charting.

My plan is to make this my fulltime job in the next year or so. Until then, my wife and I own and operate a petsitting business, which we've done for ten years now... you go out of town, and we come over to care for your pet while you're gone. So while I'm driving around to client homes, I have my laptop with a Sprint wireless card by my side, allowing me to trade during the day. It's pretty cool to have the market with you on the road... but placing trades at 60mph can be a bit of a challenge. :o

Let's see, what else of interest... my wife and I are parents to 13 dogs, 5 cats, 7 birds, 2 sugar gliders, a chinchilla and a bunny. The only thing that outnumbers animals in our house is guitars - I have around 40 of them. Been playing for almost 25 years, but the days of planning to make it as a rock star are just about over. So now I simply enjoy collecting them.

TL seems to be a great community. I've learned quite a bit already, and I look forward to discovering even more as I continue to spend time here.

Welcome to the forums Disco, good to hear you are satisfied with Infinity. I am loving your pet count... I have a few cats myself but WOW! How do you manage all of them?

Looking forward to your inputs here Disco :)

I am loving your pet count... I have a few cats myself but WOW! How do you manage all of them?

Well, my wife does most of the managing, so I can't really take credit for that! We started with one dog in 1992 (he turns 16 in February) and I brought home the first stray a little less than a year later. We got heavily involved in rescue work, and ended up with this foster staying, and then that foster staying, and so on. There was no plan to have this many, believe me! But we realized we were good at caring for them, and so here we are today.

10 of the 13 dogs are between 12 and 18, so we're facing a lot of loss over the next few years. We've had 10 dogs die in the past five years already. Not easy stuff to deal with. Our house is pretty low key, they all get along, and mostly listen to mom. Once I go full-time with trading, she'll be able to devote all her energy to them, which is what she's been wanting to do. I would strongly suggest against having as many animals as we do, and also running a petsitting business that can have you on the road 12 hours per day... not the best life to choose! :doh: