Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?

• Agriculture
    • Energy
    • Equities
    • Equity Index
    • FX
    • Interest Rate
    • Metals
    • Other

Welcome aboard trading4life. Please feel free to post any questions or comments. Also make sure to check out our multimedia section. As a registered member you will be able to watch trading video clips. I usually update them on a daily basis.

Thank you Ross :) We hope you enjoy your stay here. Also note the music player we added today. Sit back relax and learn about trading.

Also, feel free to contact me anytime if you have any questions about our website. Thanks

Hello Mr. Wizard. Welcome aboard. If you have any questions about our website feel free to contact me anytime.

Note: How has SIRI done for you? Alot of new traders for some reason are attracted to that stock.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By David Carter
      Or are they the same thing? They seem so similar, but my broker (Jones Mutual) offers both, so what is the difference and which one is better?
    • By George_wilson8
      I invested 90% of my retirement payment on binary options with the mindset of getting it multiplied and enjoying a better retirement life. It was sweet and smooth from the start, withdrawals were easy and consistent until it gets to a point I started to be denied withdrawals and that was how I lost all money, I couldn't get my investment amount back not talk of the bonuses. I contacted several lawyers but it was all waste of time and money, they couldn't render an inch of help. God so good to my old self and family, I later met with a certified binary options recovery expert that helped me recover my money within 5days from the brokers(paperex.com), it was worth it, he was able to retrieve my funds. If you have found yourself in same situation as me you can contact the expert on '' Hacknet1seven1 ( A T ) protonmail ( d o t c o m )" also he can render any other desired hacking services, I can assure he would be able to help you just as he helped me, you can give him a try if you don't mind. Binary options brokers shouldn't get away with this.

• By Hazel Tucker
      I am new to the world of bitcoins and cryptocurrency and this question hit my mind recently.
      Bitcoins are gaining popularity at a faster pace but will anybody make it clear to me that who decides the price of these bitcoins?
    • By inthemoneystocks
      One of the most important reasons why traders take big losses is because they often fail to recognize when a trade has gone wrong. You see, stopping out of a trade is probably the biggest fault of traders and investors. Often, this happens to young and inexperienced traders and investors, but I know many veteran traders and investors that struggle with this as well. Early in my own career I struggled with stopping out of a bad trade myself, so I can sympathize with this problem. 

The problem with taking a loss is really two fold. First, the trader has to admit that he is wrong. As you all know, as human beings we all hate to be wrong. The ego simply gets in the way and we all want to always be right all the time. The first secret in this business is to check the ego at the door. The market does not care about your the color of your skin, religion or anything else. It will move in the direction of the money and that is the bottom line. Once a trader or investor goes into what I call 'hope mode' the trade is over. I'm sure everyone has been in this position at one time or another. Simply put there is no room for ego or hope in the stock market. The market is always right and there is no reason to fight it. 

Here is the second problem with taking a loss, it hurts. Pain and pleasure are the two reasons why humans do anything at all. As a human being, we are always looking to have pleasure and avoid pain. Well, losing money is painful and many people would rather simply hold a losing equity than lock in a small loss and move on. I cannot tell you how often I see a trader hold a losing trade only to see the position move further out of the money. Many years ago I watched a day trader blow up a $200,000 account in a single day averaging in on a bad day trade. To this day I can remember the look on his face as his money vanished in thin air. Believe it or not, this trader could have exited the position with a $500.00 loss, but instead he kept averaging in and fighting the position until he was wiped out. As a rule, once you have your full position you should never average in on a trade. At that point, it is critical to know where your max loss is going to be and stop out if that level is breached.

Now when should we stop out? The answer to this question is not that simple, but here is what I personally do. I always place my stop loss below an important breakout or pivot on the chart. You see, prior breakout or pivot levels are usually defended when retested. After all, this is usually an area where institutional traders and investors got involved, that is why there is a pivot low or high on the chart to begin with. If that level is breached on a closing basis then I will move out of the position. So If I took a trade based on a daily chart pattern then I will usually check the daily and weekly chart levels. If there is a major pivot on the weekly chart then I will use a week chart close as my stop out level. While this method may not be perfect, it has saved me from much bigger losses when I have been wrong.

Nicholas Santiago
  • Topics

• Weekly Trading Forecasts for Major Pairs (July 23 - 27, 2018)          Here’s the market outlook for the week:   EURUSD Dominant bias: Neutral   Price made a bullish attempt on Monday, but started coming down afterwards. The support line at 1.1600 was tested and price bounced off it, closing above another support line at 1.1700. The market is neutral, and that status will continue as long as price oscillates between the support line at 1.1550 and the resistance line at 1.1800. However, the neutrality in the market will soon end, and ensuing movement could most probably favor bulls. This means a break above the resistance line at 1.1800 is possible before the end of the week.   USDCHF Dominant bias: Neutral This pair also went downwards at the beginning of last week, and then rallied around the middle of the week, only to come downward again at the end of the week. Price closed below the resistance level at 0.9950, threatening to go further downwards. The bias on the market is eventually neutral, and it would remain so until the support level at 0.9850 is breached to the downside. The most probable direction is southwards.   GBPUSD Dominant bias: Bearish GBPUSD is a weak trading instrument. Since April 14, price has been going downwards. Price moved briefly below the accumulation territory at 1.3000, and then rallied by 170 pips, almost reaching the distribution territory at 1.3150. The bias remains essentially bearish (but perpetual bullish effort could threaten the bearish bias). There are additional distribution territories 1.3200, 1.3250 and 1.3300.   USDJPY Dominant bias: Bullish After testing the supply level at 113.00 several times, a bearish correction was started, which made the price close below the supply level at 111.50 on July 20 (a drop of 150 pips). The bias is bullish in the long-term, but going bearish in the short-term. Things will go completely bearish when price moves further downwards by another 200 pips, reaching the demand levels at 111.00, 110.50 and 110.00, and going further downwards.   EURJPY Dominant bias: Bullish   The market had been going upwards since June 28 until recently. The recent bias is bullish but there is a high possibility of price going bearish. Price has made a bearish U-turn, after almost reaching the supply zone at 132.00. It is expected that price will continue to go downwards this week, thereby rendering the recent bullish bias invalid and reaching the demand zones at 130.00, 129.50 and 129.00. Those demand zones may even be exceeded before the end of July.   GBPJPY Dominant bias: Bearish There is a Bearish Confirmation Pattern in the market, as a result of a drop of 300 pips last week. The drop has already generated a bearish signal in the market, brought about by the perceived weakness in GBP, and the strength in JPY. This week (even till the end of July), the outlook on JPY pairs is bearish, and that means GBPJPY also will experience further bearish movement, which would enable it to reach the demand zones at 145.50, 140.00 and 135.50.         This forecast is concluded with the quote below:   “A surprising insight for me in Jack Schwager’s Market Wizards was that most of the top traders he interviewed are 1-trick ponies: they do one thing — and they do it very well. Their success was built upon their ability to discover what others overlooked. I concluded that ‘doing one thing well’ would immediately simplify my trading life and could eventually evolve one thing into an important trading edge.” – VTI   Source: www.tallinex.com      
    • $EFII (EFII) Electronics For Imaging stock flat top breakout watch above 35.53,

analysis https://stockconsultant.com/?EFII

• Hi All, What trading platform do you prefer for US Equities? Pros and Cons? thanks! 
    • Very interesting question. Personally, I believe market swings in those sectors are influenced by other factors, not only the presidents' background or agenda. Having said that, it may be worth regressing the data for a firm conclusion. 
    • $AAP (AAP) Advance Auto Parts stock flat top breakout above 142.21, target 152.7, +7%,

analysis https://stockconsultant.com/?AAP

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.