Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

But you would have to concur that the post-modern interruption of the new renaissance would have occurred despite the emergence of the ostensible affluence of the aging bourgeoisie?

Certainly the opulent and neo-picassoist approach to the use of oils, has been surpassed by the new epoch - that of the Wall Street nouveau riche whose self-indulgence in the finer arts is surpassed only by their reliance on the recycling of the old masters, and the use of British Paints on their weatherboards.

Pablo himself would have alluded to that approach as "using a broad brush" and I would say that this conversation is akin to a dog chasing its tail. Are we any clearer on this matter? I would not have the temerity to suggest that you have to condescend to agree with me, but loquacious elegance of the former correspondent has been surpassed by the silence of the Dalai Lama only in substance, and by default, due to the addressing of the issue in a less confronting, but more encompassing manner than previously thought possible by those on the extreme left.

In neo-classical terms there is some grounds for agreement here.Though your post makes it quite clear that the piece is vastly undervalued..you did mention Wall St...shall we say offers in the region of 2.5 million?

You mention confrontational,which surely,must be the life blood of the artist in perpetual self vindication or else all is in vain,but how do we measure the width of a circle unless we know which came first,the circle or the horizontal line? So it would seem that post modern TA is not twice removed from modern art but part of the same reality.

When you cannot tell which way up a piece of art (chart)should be hung until the artist tells you (which he can't or more likely wont because it is in the eye of the beholder) only then can one begin to appreciate that education is merely a concept and a lifestyle choice as opposed to a basic human right...shall we say 3.7 million at this point and i will withdraw the offer of free peanut butter since it may infringe the copyright of another chartist?

Very gratifying to find another spirit travelling a similar road,though mercifully in a post perpendicular direction Ingot. .but regrettably still bound by the concept of extreme as it pertains to politcs and art.If we can agree that the universe is without beginning or end then there can be no extremity within art or TA or audaciousness ...Shall we say 5.2 million? and 25,000 tubes of smarties (no blue ones...i made that clear before)

Therefore Higgs boson is art not science...mere paint is science.

and there you have it folks - art speak - something more crazy than than anything in finance.

and yes drawing is dead darrllings!

That is why there have been no pictures in these recent posts....a 1000 words paint their own picture --- can i have those smarties please.

and there you have it folks - art speak - something more crazy than than anything in finance.

and yes drawing is dead darrllings!

That is why there have been no pictures in these recent posts....a 1000 words paint their own picture --- can i have those smarties please.

There you go.Another one from the production line no 3366686321usm Art To Go PLC

It's rather large- 25mx67m. hope you can accommodate but i know you got a sweet tooth;)

To boldly go where no other sweet has gone before

5aa7117ae21b6_usssmarties1.gif.26764ca8245af196cf1d516fa93db7b7.gif

Edited by mitsubishi

Obama and Romney in the same room with the lights off

attachment.php?attachmentid=32856&stc=1&d=1352914806

It's upside down, and the visage of Obama is dominant.

Clearly neither man is smiling. There is a certain ambience, and the feng shui is is in need of attendance. This is one of the earlier works, previously undiscovered, but should usher in a new period of surrealism.

The photo you guys have is all black....I have managed to secure the one that FBI investigators took that reveals more (special cameras I hear).....but they are not sure if its Obama and Romney OR Petraeus and the biographer.

It could even be Mitts latest artistic performance piece.

(thats enough juvenile behaviour for the day for me - its amazing what the yearly admin and accounts will do to your brain)

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32870&stc=1&d=1352969948

5aa7117b2f502_Thegeneral.jpg.43995380620c63dbf13185befb3a13ee.jpg

From Eurozone crisis live: Lagarde demands Greek deal next week | Business | guardian.co.uk

"Zombie protesters against the IMF

Protesters dressed as zombies gathered near the Philippines' presidential palace to protest against the International Monetary Fund.

The demonstration was organised by members of the Freedom for Debt Coalition, in solidarity with people in the eurozone. They carried placards with slogans such as "IMF is an economic zombie" and "IMF is dead. A walking dead".

Here are a few pictures of the rally, which took place while Christine Lagarde was holding her meetings and a press conference inside the palace."

attachment.php?attachmentid=32903&stc=1&d=1353060685

lol?

2012-11-16.thumb.jpg.2317cf432505ab2b57997c7a3d25ed30.jpg

Sixteen, I think :) You might have missed either the 2x2 square in the centre, or the 3x3 starting at the bottom left?

Edit: darn, I was too slow to answer, I was beaten to it by BobC!

Edited by Perrin
Beaten by Bob C

attachment.php?attachmentid=33114&stc=1&d=1353986730

Now come on people - get a grip here!

If the centre squares had all sides intact, there would be 16 smallest ones. But there are 7 of them with one side incomplete, leaving 9 - we agree on that.

Next, there is ONE all-encompassing square, with a side of 4 matchsticks ... are you with me so far ... if not, then pay attention, because the next bit is going to be difficult, if you are already having bother ... you too Bob!

This largest, single square is divided into 4, by the matchsticks that cross in the middle.

Finally, I see one 2-matchstick sided square right in the middle, sharing the same centre as the largest, single square.

Unless my year one math is a bit off tonight, that is 9+1+4+1.

I hope you all stick with 16, because I am going to scoop the pool here ... aren't I?

EDIT: After reading Siuya's answer, I concede defeat - clearly I missed the 1x3x3 square. Humble Pie can be delivered to the address I shall send in a pm!

Edited by Ingot54

Of course, if you really want to get picky here, you could say the 6 blue shapes indicate "squares" making it 21 squares in total.

I will not accept that the red circles indicate further squares - they have incomplete sides.

3-sided shapes are NOT squares.

In that case, though, we would need to add a further 19 bringing the total to 40.

I say we have 15 squares made from the lengths of the matches ... and a further 6 "squares (at a big stretch) made from the junctions of the matchstick ends. So the answer is 15 ... or 21 ... depending on how pedantic you are in addressing the definition of a square!

Squares..JPG.36521fbb25136d9777f9e521da103742.JPG

Ingot - dont you think there is a 3x3 square starting from the bottom LHS....

but its probably all part of some dastardly trick from Tams.....

or maybe a conspiracy from the Fed - shuffling around those matchsticks.

google how many squares are in this picture for more fun and games.

Ingot - dont you think there is a 3x3 square starting from the bottom LHS....

but its probably all part of some dastardly trick from Tams.....

or maybe a conspiracy from the Fed - shuffling around those matchsticks.

google how many squares are in this picture for more fun and games.

Our posts crossed mate - you are definitely correct. I am busy cleaning up egg from the eyebrows and ears.

EDIT: Took your advice - turned up this little site: http://www.facebook.com/sapien.Ltd

But hopefully Tams will put us out of our misery before we get into anything else!

Edited by Ingot54