Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?  

302 members have voted

1. 1. Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?

• Agriculture
    • Energy
    • Equities
    • Equity Index
    • FX
    • Interest Rate
    • Metals
    • Other

As mentioned get to know your platform. I have a buddy that trades equities and wanted me to show him how I trade the eminis. He papertraded for 2 days before putting real money into a trade. On one of his first trades he sold (Instead of bought) 30 contracts of the YM (Instead of 3). Lost 14k before he knew what happened.

Know it in your sleep

As mentioned get to know your platform. I have a buddy that trades equities and wanted me to show him how I trade the eminis. He papertraded for 2 days before putting real money into a trade. On one of his first trades he sold (Instead of bought) 30 contracts of the YM (Instead of 3). Lost 14k before he knew what happened.

Know it in your sleep

:doh:

Was that 2 full days of papertrading or half days?

Word to the wise - takes a little longer than 2 days to master any trading platform, let alone even begin to make money.

Steve,

The Interactive Broker Trader WorkStation works just fine.

Zeroline trader is another.

Infinity Futures just released ATV3 on 11/17 and should have added functionality to their previous offering, which was excellent.

Hello, I am new to this site. I am using Tradestation for my trading activities and I would describe my trading style as a swing trader (no day trading), but unfortunately this style results from time to time into an intermediate term, because I have I still haven't found my ideal exit methodology.

I like trend bars and the squeeze indicator(s) which I have found on this site.

Thanks for making these resources available to all of us.

:offtopic:

I am trying to learn much more about the Icelandic bank takeover in August 2008 of Glitnir, Landisbanki and Kaputhing. I believe this trend will also take on an international flavor, where global organized crime will be defunded like they were in Iceland, and the United Kingdom, under anti-terrorism laws.

I have been a membe of this forum for some months. I don't check in on a regular baisi, but I find alot of great ideas. I am currently testing some indicators that look good. But understand, everything works until it doesn't.

Hi Heli.

How did you get your three before even introducing yourself?

I am Phreddy also from UK but on holiday inMalaysia for the next 4 months. I am using Jump Start on a demo which is not doing very well. Still it is not real money so no problem except that it is not teaching me much

Edited by Soultrader

Hi Phreddy,

I've been reading through this forum for a few months now, and only recently been asked to submit at least 3 posts, so I guess this may be a new requirement. Either way, the 3 posts thing is a good idea, kind of forces you to contribute.

What is jump start? Haven't heard of that. I don't trade any systems at the moment, only discretionary, managing to break even.

Helitrader.

Jump Start is a freebie to get you to buy another strategy. It works on 3EMA and 5EMA with MACD to confirm. Easy to apply on Metatrader 4. I just made $135.99 on £/$ 5min chart!! Brings my loss down to only £200+ Good job it is only play money.

When I get the hang of the trading 'paperwork' I will go live. At the moment I am too slow.

I wanted to up my 'take profit' but the trade stopped me out before I could do that.

Must keep practicing.

PM me your e-mail and I will send you the JS stuff.

Although I have limited trading experience, the one thing I have found is that paper trading whilst good for testing strategy, is useless for finding out if you can make a profit. This advice repeated by much better traders than myself states that you simply do not know how you will perform under pressure.

I am learning more from operating a small account with disipline and good money management than ever I did paper trading.

Thomas66

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Ninjatrader_Staff
      Open a new NinjaTrader Brokerage account by June 30th and SAVE on your Lifetime license purchase or lease:

Lifetime License:Only $899 ($200 savings) Quarterly Lease:3 months free ($225 savings)

Along with access to premium features including Chart Trader, OCO orders & more, you will also save on trades with discount commissions as low as $.09 per Micro contract and low forex spreads.
      Simply fund your account with the account minimum of $400 to lock in your savings.
      With the recent launch of Micro E-mini futures from the CME, now is the ideal time to open your account & trade with the full power of NinjaTrader’s award-winning platform!
      Questions?
      Contact us at 312.262.1289 or brokeragesales@ninjatrader.com.
      Platform License Discount Requirements:

Account must be opened & funded in June 2019 with $400 minimum Discount is available for new US-based and international futures accounts and US-based forex accounts Discount is applicable to software purchase or lease only 2nd accounts for current NinjaTrader Brokerage account owners not eligible for platform discounts

• By MoneyMaker-Research
      The Indian rupee snapped two-day losing streak against the dollar in a seesaw game with the greenback on Thursday and gained 13 paise to trade at day’s high level of 69.71/$.
    • By vin2019
      Do women make good traders?
      Or do you consider only men as good traders?
      What do you think?
    • By edakad
      Firebird is an indicator to identify the price spikes in the market. Firebird indicator first calculates a 10-period moving average, then shifts this moving average a certain percentage above and below the 10-period moving average. The shifted averages are drawn on chart as the red and green line. When price touches these lines, price spike is identified. Usually after a price spike, the trend reverses for some time. The indicator can be used to take advantage of this price behaviors. In daily chart usually the 10 period MA is shifted by 2 percent to form the price bands. On lower time frames like Hourly, Four Hour a smaller percentage price shift is used like 0.5% . The important consideration here is most of the price bars must be contained within the upper and lower bands.
      When price reaches above the upper red band, a sell position is opened. When price reaches the lower green band, buy position is opened. Trades can be managed with proper stop loss and take profit. In the picture, Firebird indicator is attached to daily chart of EUR/USD with 2% shift on MA. Note that almost all price bars are within the price bands. And when price extends beyond these bands, price trend reverses and comes back into the bands.

FireBird.zip
  • Topics

• EURUSD expects more weakness on bear pressure as we enter a new week. Support comes in at the 1.1150 where a violation will turn risk to the 1.1100 level. A break below here will target the 1.1050 level. Further down, support sits at the 1.1000. Conversely, on the upside, resistance resides at 1.1250 level with a break through there opening the door for further upside towards the 1.1.1300 level. Further up, resistance comes in at the 1.1350 level where a violation will expose the 1.1400 level. All in all, EURUSD expects more weakness on bear pressure as we enter a new week.      
    • The best VPS will have all the features listed below:   The best cloud VPS services are not for everyone. They’re for very important people only.   Every VPS Includes: 1.         Gigabit Transfer 2.         Unlimited Sites 3.         Dedicated IP Addresses (multiples IPs) 4.         CloudFlare CDN 5.         Server Secure Advanced Security 6.  Integrated Firewall 7.  Local Backups 8. DDos Attack Protection 9.  Panel/WHM or Plesk Onyx Available 10. Root Access 11. Easy Scalability (upgrade or downgrade) 12. 100% Network and Power Uptime SLAs   All VPS hosting isn’t created equal. ItuGlobal's managed virtual private servers (VPS) provide you with the power of a dedicated server and the flexibility of cloud hosting – and they all include support from the best customer support available to assist 24/7/365 via phone, email, and chat.   More info here: https://www.instantforex.com.ng/vps.php      
    • “There’s nothing we love more than helping traders make more money.”   Rule-based discretionary traders are among the best traders on this planet. Our CEO (with 12 years of experience) is the one behind the system. The system used for ItuGlobal Forex PainKiller is derived from many years of experience in the Forex markets. It’s a swing cum position trading strategy, which seeks to take advantage of important areas where prices may go out of balance. We use stops, but no take profit targets. A minimum of 5 positions are held at a time, for a minimum of 2 weeks. Some trades are left for one month or more.   Over 95% of traders frequently or eventually experience pains of losses. Forex Painkiller is designed to relieve the pains you experience in the markets, using safe position sizing and optimal entry criteria. Be aware that many great trading systems are counter-intuitive —which is why they work. The system completely goes against how many people tend to view and approach the markets.   More info here: https://www.instantforex.com.ng/forex_signals.php    PROFITABLE TRADING SIGNALS SERVICES – INSANE ACCUARCY  
    • Please don't move close to binary options. They are not regulated anywhere! They are the easiest way to be scammed. Focus on forex, indexes, etc and forget them.
    • A mini option is for 10 shares of the underlying stock or ETF, rather than 100 shares as is the case with “regular” options. So far, there are mini-options only on five stocks: Amazon (AMZN), Apple (AAPL), Google (GOOG), Gold ETF (GLD), and S&P 500 SPRDs (SPY).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.