Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?

• Agriculture
    • Energy
    • Equities
    • Equity Index
    • FX
    • Interest Rate
    • Metals
    • Other

Hi all, I'm new to TL but not new to trading, just been away from it for a while,I'm looking for some feedback as to brokers. I'm licensed 7,3 and 63 but have decided to trade for myself and leave the retail behind. What I would like to know is if you have any HONEST brokers you could recommend? I am looking to trade mini metals and other mini comos along with maybe some forex, the problem I have is I've been playing with IG markets demo along with others and the system freezes with charts and quotes for short times which leads me to believe they are adjusting their positions at the DD accordingly against client positions. I'm hoping someone can recomend a fair broker with low initial opening say less than $2k. I already do my stocks with scottrade and am happy with them. I've been out of trading for about three years. Thanks in advance for any opinions offered.

Hello,

I am new here. I've found a great deal of great information on these forums.

Anyway, I am a "vet" (as in trading). I've been involved with markets for 26 years now. I've seen a lot of things evolve. But in all these years, I've also learned that nothing is really new under the sun.

One specialization that I might be able to help with is futures options trading. I made markets on the exchange floor. Yes, in ways I miss the floor. But in other ways, good riddance.

On the personal side, I have three little sons and am married. I live on the north side of Chicago along Lake Michigan. For fun, sometimes I throw on a wetsuit and ride some pretty nice waves, (yes, longboarding). I've gotten rides as long as 250 yards on waves as big as six feet at my beach. The Lake can be erratic. So, when I can I travel to surf!

Good trading!

Tschüß !!:cool::)

Hi ChicagoTrader,

Welcome to TL and glad to have you hear with us. I am sure many of us can learn a great deal from your trading experiences on the floor as well with futures options trading which is a subject barely covered here. Looking forward to your posts! :)

Hello fellow traders i have a question, i just started out trading at ibfx and was up on the gbp and tried to get out with my few buck and kept getting a pop up requote until i was negative again, so was i robbed for my micro dollars???

Eric

Have you consulted with your broker? Was there latency issues on your price quotes? Make sure you have confirmed that the error was not on your end first before blaming your broker. But I would advise to discuss this with them because nothing with get resolved through other traders here.

I'm Steve, a 3 year trader still basically making mistakes. However, I am keying in on methods i like. They are the simple methods I can repeat over and over.

I like Walters The Chimp method that Valeofx uses his Chimp2 indy over at TSD.

I look forward to learning more here.

God bless you as you learn.

Steve

From the UK, been researching the forex market for 3 months or so. I've ended up here for some VSA analysis (As you do.) Hopefully can pick a few things up in market profiling and the like too. I have elementary C++ experience that has not been used for making financial indicators as of yet.

I have a background in electronic engineering. And my current status is still research, read, and read some more. Trying to expand that knowledge base as much as possible. Since you can only act (aka trade) on the knowledge that you know, not what you don't know. I also have a hobby for stating the obvious.

I believe that if you take the figure that 79% of retail traders lose money in the long run, and that retail brokers offer in most cases free charting packages for demo trading often with no time limit (other than logging in once a month) with all the technical indicators under the sun; one can presume technical anaylsis on its own does not give a sufficient trading edge due to their overall lagging nature. As such I am moving out of the phase of using CCI and stochs etc etc. And am developing a greater bias towards price action trading, coupled with candlestick analysis, money management blah blah blah.

My research has also currently directed me to the possible significance of volume in taking trading decisions. However I have not fully worked out whether I wish to partake in markets of lower liquidity with volume information as opposed to the spot forex market without or both! Due to the fact that the forex futures market may indeed be used for hedging positions by the smart money and thus cause conflicting signals. I feel it could be a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Anyhoo, nobody said trading was easy. So game on!!

Oh and thanks go to soultrader for setting up a great forum! Cheers.

Steve

Greeting Trabers Lab!

I have been studying trading off and on for the last few and have finally decided to devote the time necessary to be successful at trading. I like the vibe at this forum compared to others as there seems to be a willingness to help those who want to help themselves compared to flaming that occurs on other boards. This is now my trading homepage. :)

I plan on being a price action based trader who uses as few indicators a possible. In order to reach my goal I know there will be lots of study and screen time needed to understand the markets. I will eventually begin daytrading trading emini futures and at some point swing trading some of the other futures markets, but my focus right now is understanding the fundamentals of price action and market physcology. Looks like I will be spending lots of time in the Wycoff and the candlestick forums.

My first goal is to understand candlestick charting by studying the below books from Steve Nisson.

1. The Candlestick Course

2. Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques

Once complete I’ll move on to some general trading and technical analysis books. Feel free suggest any books that will assist in my education.

I am a complete beginner but i know all the price action junkies would recommend "Reminiscence of a Stock Operator" and "Studies in Tape Reading" (Daytrader's Bible). Both of which you can find in the .PDF format in the WYCKOFF section.

I addition to reading books, one of the best ways (that I know of) to improve your trading is to get screen time. Screen time is just that--time that you spend in front of your screen watching the markets. This is very important if you're trying to get a grasp on price action. Just look for patterns in price, and also look at what price does at areas of support and resistance. You can also look at volume at these areas of support and resistance, and also look at what volume does when price reverses. Just keep watching the market as much as you can.

Before you spend a great deal of money, or any, I suggest you explore the site itself. There are several threads with a specific focus on price action, one of which is "price action only". See also the introductory "stickies" at the Wyckoff Forum. The first of these includes attachments of two books in pdf form, free, as already mentioned above.

As for hard-copy books, get what you can from the library, for nothing. You may be surprised at what is available. Look also at the used books available at Amazon. Unfortunately, the prices for the used versions of the best books will not be much different than they are new, but money is money, and whatever you save can be added to your trading account. One which I particularly like in the area of price action is Techniques of Tape Reading. Also consider stopping by the on-site chat room. We're there every day, trading price, and your questions are welcome.

Eventually you may decide to buy the CDs and the DVDs and the courses and the so forth, but give free a shot first. Free is good.

Guest finvik

hello everybody!

i am vik max, i am newbie o the forum (actually not, i registered i registered few months back, but now i am back to be a full time member)

hope to share and learn a lot from you guys around

Vik