Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mohsinqureshii

Gold Bullish or Bearish

It has gotton mighty quiet on this thread.....i stood alone and no one listened...my words were not heeded..song describes the fiasco....

PS...every dog has his day....

It has gotton mighty quiet on this thread.....i stood alone and no one listened...my words were not heeded..song describes the fiasco....

PS...every dog has his day....

This is only a pull back. Not really apropos to call it bearish

We often see when oil goes up then gold comes down and when gold goes up then oil comes down, they both have kinda inverse relationship . That is what we saw yesterday with both.

Bearish?

I haven't seen it get bullish yet - on the time frame I trade.

me thinks he is referring to the indices. Are you bullish on indices? Probally so.........oh well....zdo song is for you....the part about the troubled waters....:rofl: i think i may be the bridge part...but zdo was not clear..maybe i am the troubled water and you are the bridge? However, i am not troubled by an 80 point drop in the ES. Edited by Patuca

This is only a pull back. Not really apropos to call it bearish
is thou a bull bug on the indices? They will soon be chopped without mercy....you realize, don't you? You may want to make haste and swap sides.

Hello darkness, my old friend

I've come to talk with you again

Because a vision softly creeping

Left its seeds while I was sleeping

And the vision that was planted in my brain

Still remains

Within the sound of silence

In restless dreams I walked alone

Narrow streets of cobblestone

'Neath the halo of a street lamp

I turned my collar to the cold and damp

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light

That split the night

And touched the sound of silence

And in the naked light I saw

Ten thousand people, maybe more

People talking without speaking

People hearing without listening

People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared

Disturb the sound of silence

"Fools", said I, "You do not know

Silence like a cancer grows

Hear my words that I might teach you

Take my arms that I might reach you"

But my words, like silent raindrops fell

And echoed

In the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed

To the neon god they made

And the sign flashed out its warning

In the words that it was forming

And the sign said, "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls

And tenement halls"

And whispered in the sounds of silence

thank you, patuca, for the song

so…breaking the silence...

“… the vision that was planted in my brain still remains”

ie nothing new to rpt

Inventories of gold are down and continuing down.

Inventories of silver are way up and continuing up.

The only shorts are hedges.

The only PM specs: long silver. (… first time in a long time both legs of SI/YM sprd on…as at http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/traders-log/7706-v-dow-spread.html)

posting – (is within) the sounds of silence

zdo

Patuca ,

Yes. You are a bridge over troubled waters….

oh ok i see i am the bridge. I hastily read this the first time and did not meditate well enough on the matter...it is clear now...we must all meditate deeply about the markets as they are being manipulated....to the danger of you billfold....financial well being...and happy wife who likes to shop.

Capt bob must have moved on to another instrument to trade........?...

I have had health issues...blood pressure spikes...the emotion of it all?? Feeling better today...need to go fishing and get away from the markets as they continue down...it is exhilarating to see the drop...mucho dinero was made by patuca in the ups and downs of the 80 point mini plunge (pb per MM) but it also is depressing to see what the fed res is doing to the economy and how it will affect millions of people and their financial well being.

Of course, markets could turn up any time and all will be happy again...except the odds favor more down moves in the indices.

thank you, patuca, for the song

so…breaking the silence...

“… the vision that was planted in my brain still remains”

ie nothing new to rpt

Inventories of gold are down and continuing down.

Inventories of silver are way up and continuing up.

The only shorts are hedges.

The only PM specs: long silver. (… first time in a long time both legs of SI/YM sprd on…as at http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/traders-log/7706-v-dow-spread.html)

posting – (is within) the sounds of silence

zdo

thanks..i thought it fit the occasion..context...and i did like the song you mentioned....

Soon? This year, decade, or century?

Laughing again eh?.. Read the song. The code is in the lyrics...thanks to zdo..

When you're weary

Feeling small

When tears are in your eyes

I will dry them all

I'm on your side

When times get rough

And friends just can't be found

Like a bridge over troubled water

I will lay me down

I will lay me down

When you're down and out

When you're on the street

When evening falls so hard

I will comfort you

I'll take your part

When darkness comes

And pain is all around

I will lay me down

I will lay me down

Sail on Silver Girl,

Sail on by

Your time has come to shine

All your dreams are on their way

See how they shine

If you need a friend

I'm sailing right behind

I will ease your mind

I will ease your mind

Soon? This year, decade, or century?

May i remind you of my post #921 Post 9-21 made on 8-2

PS GOLD IS BULLISH AND THE ES IS THE MOST BEARISH IT HAS BEEN THIS YEAR.

You may wish to check back and see when this 80 point drop down started. If i am correct it started the very next day. That is right..the very next day!

Then.......

My post #944 8-7 Please look at charts in next post and meditate..indices are bearish and gold..silver...etc is bullish...it may require some deep meditation..

Gold started this last move up on 8-6.....

No one listens.....could be because i am not at the master or wizard level on the forum :rofl::rofl:

I am rated as complete....not sure what that means? If it means that is as high a i can go then i may quit the forum UNLESS complete is higher than wizzard level.....so what does complete mean? Does it mean i now go to master level? Or does it mean i jumped over the master and wizzard level and am at the highest level reachable on this forum...or does it mean i am a complete idiot?

My ego cannot stand much more..........

:haha: you are complete [and total] idiot
tis what i feared might spew forth...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i take comfort in the miserable idiotic fact that i was right! Indices down 80 and continue down...gold up and continues up..a so called..idiot predicted correctly...right? ...what does that say about the smart intelligent on this forum?....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oh my side...it hurts :rofl: :rofl:

... Or does it mean i jumped over the master and wizzard level and am at the highest level reachable on this forum.....

Patuca, if you really want to get off, get yourself a golden

C

like members of congress, they are exempt from such commoner nonsense

:missy:

May i remind you of my post #921 Post 9-21 made on 8-2

PS GOLD IS BULLISH AND THE ES IS THE MOST BEARISH IT HAS BEEN THIS YEAR.

You may wish to check back and see when this 80 point drop down started. If i am correct it started the very next day. That is right..the very next day!

Then.......

My post #944 8-7 Please look at charts in next post and meditate..indices are bearish and gold..silver...etc is bullish...it may require some deep meditation..

Gold started this last move up on 8-6.....

No one listens.....could be because i am not at the master or wizard level on the forum :rofl::rofl:

Dear Patuca

RELAX :)

Everyone listens.... except SunTrader. ;);)

Hes short on the 10 year time frame. ( Sorry SunTrader, just joking.I know you are a sensitive person.)

RELAX Patuca, :(

Whether you are a COMPLETE trader or a MASTER trader does not affect your bank balance .It just hurts your ego. And sometimes, thats the worst "hurt" . But you are nearly 70 ,so its "been there, done that"

NOW

I've been away on a golf trip . I'm back, LONG Gold @ 1401(breakout)

And looking for a home run .......50 points. :doh:

Goldman Sachs JHB have asked me not to disclose my analysis.Apparently,Meryl Lynch have been copying my trades to their advantage..

Well ,what can I say.?

In the mean time, heres a thought.

The threat of WAR dampens the INDEX and pushes up the price of commodities, PMs etc.The outbreak of hostilities does the reverse....wait about 3 days.

Kind regards

bobc

PS I am going to call my new horse Sun Trader , but with a space between the Sun and Trader

Dear Patuca

RELAX :)

Hes short on the 10 year time frame. ( Sorry SunTrader, just joking.I know you are a sensitive person.)

RELAX Patuca, :(

Whether you are a COMPLETE trader or a MASTER trader does not affect your bank balance .It just hurts your ego. And sometimes, thats the worst "hurt" . But you are nearly 70 ,so its "been there, done that"

NOW

I've been away on a golf trip . I'm back, LONG Gold @ 1401(breakout)

And looking for a home run .......50 points. :doh:

Goldman Sachs JHB have asked me not to disclose my analysis.Apparently,Meryl Lynch have been copying my trades to their advantage..

Well ,what can I say.?

In the mean time, heres a thought.

The threat of WAR dampens the INDEX and pushes up the price of commodities, PMs etc.The outbreak of hostilities does the reverse....wait about 3 days.

Kind regards

bobc

PS I am going to call my new horse Sun Trader , but with a space between the Sun and Trader

LOL LOL :rofl: :rofl:

Patuca, if you really want to get off, get yourself a golden

C

like members of congress, they are exempt from such commoner nonsense

:missy:

but...how do i get the C....i have nothing to sell...all my nonsense is free...as they say...just giving back...but nobody listens...nobody cares..nary a poor soul...except MAYBE capt Bob....when he ain't playing golf... Edited by Patuca

A trader may wish to take a long term bullish position in PM. AND also short term trade the many rally...declines..ranges..consolidations...as they occur. For ranges ATM strategy previousley disclosed on this forum by patuca applies. For rallies and pullbacks..brooks...some vsa techniques...some tape reading...or other methods of trading PB's.. could apply..i think mr blue horseshoe has some...or it may be zdo..don't remember...

However, i repeat mucho more dinero can be made trading the ups and downs vs locking into a position and holding it. That is, on most extended moves of 80 points much more can be made by trading the rallies and declines..Pb ...ranges..consolidations...while the 80 point move is being made. On a long term position a trader will have made 80 points.. Typically, that can be surpassed many times over trading the others mentioned above. Hurst deals with this concept in his book.

:haha:

On another forum in a former (cyber) life I was "Son of a ...." ahem different kind. :) Don't want to give it away completely in case there are any current members lurking here as I still am over "there" but under a new name.