Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mohsinqureshii

Gold Bullish or Bearish

You are correct Patuca,

They should really make you a Wizzard.....even if its just temporary ;)

Stopped out for 9 point gain...chicken feed :crap:

regards

bobc

ok i didn't read your post well. I now see it was yesterday you went long at 1401. That would make sense. But in addition i would have shorted high today for an entry into ATM. I did not undrstand why you went long today. Misunderstanding. Carry on....

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OOhvX9JQ_WI]Kansas Carry on my Wayward son Lyrics. - YouTube[/ame]

Hi Patuca

Gold now at 1391...... bullish :confused::confused::confused:

I have to go feed the horses , put the ox on the spit, blah, blah blah

I'l be back

The terminator.

it is bullish in the intermediate bullish channel trend and perhaps even longer term trend. It has been bearish all morning almost for ATM but it is soon with next hour or so be bullish for ATM. Remember in ATM BUY BOTTOMS. Bottoms of the mini sideways range. Generally, when i say bullish i am speaking of the intermediate to longterm trend.

In ATM it goes back and forth bullish / bearish until it breaks out ofthe sideways mini range. Maybe this will clear up things?.

In other words, ofds favor a couple of sideways bars were you buy the low and sell the high and repeat until a breakout of the range top or bottom occurs.

Where is 0, SunTrader?

In the bottom left hand corner of any chart.

regards

bobc

Should have said O under an important long term swing low.

Not far left corner.

edit: Forget about it. Actually I was thinking of another Gann technique.

1/8ths etc projected up off 0 and down from important highs.

Edited by SunTrader

Right about now (anytime rest of the day) is a good time to look at getting long IMO around 1385 to 1387 area for an ATM TRADE. Price stands a higher probabilities of trading up tomm. Then exit at the top of the minirange...full exits when trading mini ranges generally is the best strategy.

This for information only. Do not do what my opinion ! You could lose your money!

Patuca

Bob,

the aspect I mentioned early August,the one that caused 2011 High has waned IMO.It fueled three weeks in 2011 and thats about the time it fueled this time,too.Next good aspect is coming after 20/9 so I expect side-ways after this down move has finished.The bigger trend certainly is down.The up-move only touch 25-it should have made it to 26 at least (old bottom)

it is bullish in the intermediate bullish channel trend and perhaps even longer term trend. It has been bearish all morning almost for ATM but it is soon with next hour or so be bullish for ATM. Remember in ATM BUY BOTTOMS. Bottoms of the mini sideways range. Generally, when i say bullish i am speaking of the intermediate to longterm trend.

In ATM it goes back and forth bullish / bearish until it breaks out ofthe sideways mini range. Maybe this will clear up things?.

In other words, ofds favor a couple of sideways bars were you buy the low and sell the high and repeat until a breakout of the range top or bottom occurs.

Am thinking the same, maybe it makes a new range in the $1350-$1450 Range which seems more likely to me..

Am thinking the same, maybe it makes a new range in the $1350-$1450 Range which seems more likely to me..

Hi Ammeo

Thats quite a RANGE :missy:

What makes you think it will be as low as 1350?

And it cant break 1434, so hows it going to get to 1450?

regards

bobc

And on page 121 (nice number) of Ganns famous Trading Course,..............how to draw an angle. Any member requiring more info .,please PM your email addresss and I will send you the other 400 pages.

regards

bobc

Gann_45_degree_angle_.png.bed2b197494d0319590ef16c20d89734.png

And on page 121 (nice number) of Ganns famous Trading Course,..............how to draw an angle. Any member requiring more info .,please PM your email addresss and I will send you the other 400 pages.

regards

bobc

You did see what I added to post# 1125 right?

But BTW did I miss any charts with these Gann angles drawn on them.

Edited by SunTrader

Bob,

the aspect I mentioned early August,the one that caused 2011 High has waned IMO.It fueled three weeks in 2011 and thats about the time it fueled this time,too.Next good aspect is coming after 20/9 so I expect side-ways after this down move has finished.The bigger trend certainly is down.The up-move only touch 25-it should have made it to 26 at least (old bottom)

Hi Silver

I've got a Silver geocentric Ceres 36 degree cycle on Saturday which will change the trend.

So I expect some movement UP on Monday

Change in trend for Gold tomorrow or Friday....UP

The problem with astro trading is the dates are never accurate

But it does give you a heads up....at least you arent on the wrong side.

regards

bobc

You did see what I added to post# 1125 right?

But BTW did I miss any charts with these Gann angles drawn on them.

Hi SunTrader,

Are you referring to the 1/8 angles? :confused:

I have posted Gann angles before using an overlay.

But I have tried to make things simpler.

The angle is really a fixed trend line....BUY above and SELL below.

And most traders can "see" the trend without drawing lines.....I hope.:(

regards

bobc

Hi Silver

I've got a Silver geocentric Ceres 36 degree cycle on Saturday which will change the trend.

So I expect some movement UP on Monday

Change in trend for Gold tomorrow or Friday....UP

The problem with astro trading is the dates are never accurate

But it does give you a heads up....at least you arent on the wrong side.

regards

bobc

Thats out of my league,Bob. I only watch the classical nine planets.Out of my head it is a Mercury-Neptune aspect coming up.

I studied the cycles working in silver from its inception in 1933 and the way I see it there are two types of aspects working.First aspects that create cycles,these will not pinpoint a turn-date but mark a beginning of a period of time where one finds hightened energy one way or the other.Second there are aspects that are too weak to create a follow up cycle,these can pinpoint turn-dates.

Its about the orbs,Gann seems to have respected 6deg orbs for example.So a 8 degree orb from a strong aspect has a low probability to cause a cycle,but higher chances to be a turn-date.

Its about the orbs,Gann seems to have respected 6deg orbs for example.So a 8 degree orb from a strong aspect has a low probability to cause a cycle,but higher chances to be a turn-date.

I have to admit I don't know shit about that and I have to do some research there....thank your for your answer though

Hi Silver

Do you respect 6 deg. orbs?

Thats an awful high number

My astro program is set at 2 deg.

regards

bobc

PS. For those members trying to work out what orbs are......

If you fired a rifle at a target and you were 6 deg off line, would you hit the target?

If your golf club driver is 3 degrees open / shut , you will miss the fairway.

PS. For those members trying to work out what orbs are......

If you fired a rifle at a target and you were 6 deg off line, would you hit the target?

If your golf club driver is 3 degrees open / shut , you will miss the fairway.

you crazy old......:)........you know the rest........thank you for that...really!

It sure is,I watch up to 6deg,but look for cycles definately only below 3.Your shooting examples have a catch:) Your examples all describe objects that have routes in the sense of a ray.Astro in my understanding is about the magnetic field changes evoked by the motion of celestial bodies.More like a Katjusha;)

Hi Ammeo

Thats quite a RANGE :missy:

What makes you think it will be as low as 1350?

And it cant break 1434, so hows it going to get to 1450?

regards

bobc

I am not a technical trader and the $1350-$1450 was my personal perception out of the current global demand and supply values and some top Analyst and corporate bank ratings..

Recently some of the price targets from agencies are kinda more bearish on gold Like one from Piper jaffray...

"Gold target $1,050 from Piper Jaffray 12-24 month time frame'.

Maybe we see a break of $1350 in 2014 again..

Regards