Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mohsinqureshii

Gold Bullish or Bearish

we could experience a zone of consolidation here before the next decisive break. I would say if it stays in the 1350 range it should attempt to break north,

likewise beginning to slip below we may test 1333 area in the immediate sense.

1- If they believe that US economy is too strong and they are all set to taper, they might yet not do it, as Ben is about to retire and he wont risk to taper as a wrong decision taken today will spoil his all efforts he did in the past.

2- As Ben is about the retire, FED will have to reaffirm their views with the new FED chairman Yellen, which might take some time, specially when Yellen is more supportive when it comes to QE's.

3- US shut down might have caused a massive effect on US economy. They might have to wait and watch next 2-3 months atleast before taking a decision.

4- Recent US data are once again turning red with Non-Farm and other unemployment data getting worst.

There are other several reasons why they wont taper sooner. Well, my views regarding the QE taper is just opposite to others. FED might be keeping an eye on the data to be released in the next 2-3 months and if they once again start turning south, which I believe might be, QE should be out of the table and they will start thinking about more QE's. There are all chances that US can double dip into recession, specially if the next Debt ceiling decision causes another shutdown....

"Anything is possible", but it probably won't help Gold at all.

Those are possible reasons to sell the dollar but not necessarily reasons to buy Gold.

Buying Gold is not automatic when selling the Dollar.

The market is really getting its knickers in a knot around this level but the irony is that the July/Aug advance was the end of an asymmetrical 4th wave, so it actually has little relevance to what is in effect right now, namely wave 5 - the last last leg down in Gold's correction since the 2011 top.

We're going up in a correction to the upside right now - it shouldn't get far but a strong and definitive push up will mean that subwave 3 (of wave 5 down) can do its thing - which is to get us to the low near 1180....

"Anything is possible", but it probably won't help Gold at all.

Those are possible reasons to sell the dollar but not necessarily reasons to buy Gold.

Buying Gold is not automatic when selling the Dollar.

1 Bitcoin going to parity with 1 oz Gold ?

Sell your gold.

Buy bitcoins.

??

not me.

On many levels, bitcoins are far more dependent on environmental conditions than even paper... I will just continue to 'sell' gold and 'buy' silver...

Hi all,

gold just started its bear move for today.

I expect selling until 1269 area.

Stops at 1289.50

Enjoy your trading day.

NB: I've been short since 1284.XX region

Hi meshpips

What do those purple arrows on your chart mean?

kind regards

bobc

Ah,so Goldman is buying Gold are they?

It's good to see they are proving their commitment to their newly declared policy of being transparent and refraining from selling overly complicated products which they view as toxic crud to as many mugs as they can.

Also nice to see that they intend to focus more on traditional investment banking with their newly announced plans to invest in small businesses since our own banks still haven't got that memo.

However they will only do that on the proviso that they are not burdened with too much regulation...or they will leave their London base.Gee,thanks for the offer couched in the thinly veiled threat.I can't tell you how grateful the UK is for having the worlds sleaziest banksters tell us how to regulate our own City.Can't tell you how grateful we are to have an American running the Bank of England.

Oh,and news from our "special relationship partners" America. Don't leave the EU.

Don't worry,we'll never be given the opportunity to vote on that because they know we'd vote to leave.As long as we continue under the "leadership" of one of the weakest prime ministers in history we won't be going anywhere.

Now,are there anymore people over here you need to spy on? Are there any more teenage mentally sick hackers you need to extradite and stick in Guantanamo so you can show the rest of the world what a beacon of light re freedom and democracy you are?Are there any more countries who you think shouldn't have nukes in case they attempt to challenge your record for actually dropping them on people? Are there anymore terrorists you need to arm who will turn out to be future enemies the rest of us have to deal with? Are there anymore presidents you need to assassinate if they get in the way of the military/industrial complex plans ?Are there any more small countries sitting on fields of oil you need to invade in order to "liberate" the people and inflict your version of democracy on?

Are there anymore posts in Gov left that haven't been filled with crony capitalists working on Wall St.? Are there any more useful idiots left that you can promote to the highest echelons so they can better serve vested interests while shafting your own population?

Are there any more psychopaths you haven' yet employed to squander billions and bankrupt the world?

Amazing what a few pints can do to an otherwise perfectly cynical guy.

Ah,so Goldman is buying Gold are they?

It's good to see they are proving their commitment to their newly declared policy of being transparent and refraining from selling overly complicated products which they view as toxic crud to as many mugs as they can.

Also nice to see that they intend to focus more on traditional investment banking with their newly announced plans to invest in small businesses since our own banks still haven't got that memo.

However they will only do that on the proviso that they are not burdened with too much regulation...or they will leave their London base.Gee,thanks for the offer couched in the thinly veiled threat.I can't tell you how grateful the UK is for having the worlds sleaziest banksters tell us how to regulate our own City.Can't tell you how grateful we are to have an American running the Bank of England.

Oh,and news from our "special relationship partners" America. Don't leave the EU.

Don't worry,we'll never be given the opportunity to vote on that because they know we'd vote to leave.As long as we continue under the "leadership" of one of the weakest prime ministers in history we won't be going anywhere.

Now,are there anymore people over here you need to spy on? Are there any more teenage mentally sick hackers you need to extradite and stick in Guantanamo so you can show the rest of the world what a beacon of light re freedom and democracy you are?Are there any more countries who you think shouldn't have nukes in case they attempt to challenge your record for actually dropping them on people? Are there anymore terrorists you need to arm who will turn out to be future enemies the rest of us have to deal with? Are there anymore presidents you need to assassinate if they get in the way of the military/industrial complex plans ?Are there any more small countries sitting on fields of oil you need to invade in order to "liberate" the people and inflict your version of democracy on?

Are there anymore posts in Gov left that haven't been filled with crony capitalists working on Wall St.? Are there any more useful idiots left that you can promote to the highest echelons so they can better serve vested interests while shafting your own population?

Are there any more psychopaths you haven' yet employed to squander billions and bankrupt the world?

What can we say, the world has become a very cruel place now...all most people can do is suffer..

And maybe the theory isn't too crazy when you consider the cliché.."money is the root of all evil" and originally money was.....gold

not money...the "love" of money.....

Thats why folks need to be satisfied with a place to sleep...shoes to wear...clothes to wear...a donkey or a moto to ride...a fishing pole and worms to fish with..a little food to eat..decent health ..all else is cancerous cares and worries...foolish strivings...about things that you leave behind and can never take with you...

Part of true happiness is being able to "give" not consume....

" a womens husband died. His widow told the funeral directors i want you to bury him 12 feet deep instead of the normal depth. The funeral director asked her why? She said deep down there is a little good in everyone" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When did it change?I thought it was like that from day one.

Start as you mean to go on..America did. First you gotta admit that in a country the size of the US there is clearly not enough room for the white man to live in peace with the red man

What you gonna do with that limited amount of acreage?.Clearly you need to herd these people into reservations..well,they were scalping your women folk and raping them weren't they?

Probably it was because they hated your freedoms.But actually it was because you were massacring them.My history isn't too good..was it because they were sitting on fields of gold or you just needed the beef?...whatever..there's always a handy reason available as far as America is concerned.

That's one problem sorted.What's next? Gotta keep the wheels of tyranny turning,can't have them grinding to a halt,or even slowing down'cos it's bad for business.

Negroes next.

In fact,if you ain't got white skin either you or your ancestors have been interfered with in an unpleasant and,often permanent way either by Americans or the mother country they spawned from.Hence "special relationship"

Though these days that special relationship status can be rescinded if you're no longer prepared to kill brown people..or you can't afford to anymore.In that case,as it turns out,according to Kerry,you never were in a special relationship with the US.No France,apparently have always been their special partners.......:confused:

I dunno,maybe I missed a huge chunk of history.Maybe Goerge Bush had other ideas on the French when it was all the other way round after 911.

Maybe the new paradigm is whoever currently is in power gets to invent and rewrite history even faster than in the past..I guess they got that idea from Orwell's 1984.

If I understand you correctly, you are wishing Americans a Happy Thanksgiving. Thanks Mits. I enjoyed a turkey drumstick, candied yams, and a few slices of ironic pie while the masses of people starved as a result of American foreign policy.

History is written by the victors.

That high?

I was thinking 950 or there abouts.

I mention that area as an point or resistance (if you are short). Sub 1000 is completely possible unless the old crisis rears its head or a new one forms. Gold needs a crisis.

I thought gold would have gone back below 1200 by now. The fact that it hasn't tells me that a lot of people are getting long; bottom fishers who are buying into the doomsday scenario.

Good news hurts gold. Trade reform with China would kill gold.

Welcome back Patuca.You left in a blaze of glory last time.But something caused your absence.What was it? Did your bicycle break down? Did you snap your fishing rod and become too weak due to lack of food to post?How come you play piano so well when you're homeless and have nowhere to practice? Don't think I didn't notice right at the end of that video when you were talking to that old boy that you were reaching into your pocket for your business card-homeless my ass.

Blaze of glory boring..Moto fine....fishing pole fine...plenty of food...not me playing piano...no business cards...don't need em..does this picture look like homeless man playing piano? Then it is settled...i am not homelessman... I don't buy bridges from mice either...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

image.jpg.e5221acf85fa999dc88509632108c95d.jpg

Edited by Patuca

From a mouse or not, you are a bridge buyer.

I'm lost . . . Are 'bridges' and 'mice' some sort of new derivative that I haven't yet heard of?

Can I write covered calls if I think the 'bridge' has strong support? Do the 'mice' have fat tails? Need more info before I can get involved . . .

BlueHorseshoe

Looks like we are still in the range with low @ 1212 and high @ 1245-1250. Given such strong job data, the support 1212 is not broken until now, so what I think is the investors still want to see the reaction of Fed to these data and concern about current unemployment data 7.0% which is higher than the Fed's 6.5% threshold. The fear of another possible US bond default January 2014 and another government shutdown also help the gold consolidate in this range.