Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mohsinqureshii

Gold Bullish or Bearish

Gold has taken the downward path again...it may take it ages to get above the 1320 zone...

Hi Ammeo

If we all agreed there would be no market

Asia closed today at 1317

Resistance is at 1326 (Gann)

BIG reversal bar on Friday closing UP (Brooks )

Double your normal position and BUY for an 8 point scalp to 1325.

regards

PS The horses are eating low protein Hay . They need oats

:offtopic:

And some useless information for S& P traders...

I dont think there are very many on this thread, Patuca and Might Mouse.

Going back to 1897 , every post election year has the top at the beginning of August,with a subsequent correction.

While QE3 continues ,I think the market will go higher, but for now,a short sale might make some cash.

And its New Moon tomorrow. Markets will weaken after New Moon.

The BIG CRASH is coming in........secret.

regards

bobc

PS So Patuca is right. Gold is bullish and the S & P is bearish.

I'm chomping at the bit waiiting fo this plunge in the indices to come.....just a little more upward move and then shazam......

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by Patuca

First target hit- gap fill SPX 1684.9

Bob,i guess you're happy that the new moon played it's part.... that's 3 in a row.

Hi mitsubishi

I was long Gold and short my index (ALSI 40 )

I got stopped out on Gold at 1299 for a BIG loss. :(:( I blame patuca :angry:

I am still short my index and making cash, but not yet at break even.

One thing to remember, the index (S & P) should only break down about 2 days after New moon.

This New Moon it was instant....... thats WEAKNESS

I am now also short Gold

regards

bobc

PS Secret date for the BOTTOM in GOLD now available.

Send title deeds to your trailer and I will relaese date. :roll eyes:

One thing to remember, the index (S & P) should only break down about 2 days after New moon.

Then for that to happen this level (1686) will have to break, which it danced off today:

5aa711f8b8231_SPXsupport.thumb.png.ce73781cb031e680f18c0b0c639434b7.png

Looking at the chart for Gold.I see nothing bullish.All i know about gold is the bubble burst when everybody was saying it can only go higher....:hmmmm: now where have i heard that expert opinion before..oh yes when oil was at $120 a barrel and just had to go to $150,the end of "cheap oil" cue stories about peak oil.It went to $60

Now,when was the other time...ah,when the sub prime mortgage crisis wasn't a crisis and the Dow could only go higher from it's all time high and anyone who didn't agree was openly laughed at.

The idea of buying physical gold at the top of a bubble and storing it next to your gun,tin foil hat and a few cans of beans never was a concept that really grabbed me too much.

Hindsight,of course is a wonderful thing but then so is history..kinda repeats.Very few seem to really grasp the lessons,thinking it will be different this time.The best time to buy gold probably is when nobody else wants to.And if lot's of experts say it's gonna go lower that's a buy signal for sure.

I'd have to do a lot of research on gold to know what would be a sensible area to to buy.But one thing is probably a universal pattern across all markets...

when a wave of a very high degree completes..like a bull market...a correction of some significance will follow...like a bear market.

If gold is in a bear market i would rather short it than buy it.:2c:

There will probably be a good buying opportunity in gold when people begin to react to y3k fears.

Please look at charts in next post and meditate..indices are bearish and gold..silver...etc is bullish...it may require some deep meditation..

Thanks Patuca

image.jpg.3f6864358bddf436da4d95d9a7186ec6.jpg

It often is with you:roll eyes::)

generally speaking - forum 'questions' are among the most misunderstood, manipulated, abused questions possible on this planet... it is literally dangerous for a member to post a question.

Bonds, S&P, Crude, Gold same difference. Its all good - if you ask me. But nobody did. :)

If someone had asked you, would you have told them those were all ‘dollar’ trades?

Would you tell them how much net one has to make across these times on “Bonds, S&P, Crude, Gold” to keep up with the 2258.6% over the effective life of the fed fiat, depreciating purchasing power of the dollar?

To dollar bulls, dollars are really worth something. To ‘gold bugs’ and ‘abugs’, if dollars are not going to be worth anything at some point – the trend is down - they really are only precariously worth something (like an already broken promise) now…

Not trying to pick an argument… Yes “Its all good…” a trader will trade anything that is liquid, moves enough in ‘relative value’, and is not too expensive to carry. .. and I’m right up in here with all the other traders …

the point? ... when all is really ‘well’, gold is neither bullish nor bearish… it doesn’t have Historical gold prices % moves per year up OR down like that… it wouldn’t be on your “all good” list…

ie folks, concluding that the ‘new normal’ really is normal is delusional, not adaptive … even for “its all good ‘traders’”

ie folks, selectively ignoring certain time frames to keep the narrative intact will not work over the long term…

and, folks, if you ain’t in it for the long term, best go ahead and find a better use of your time NOW.

:campy:

Yesterday is a memory.

Tomorrow is a dream.

Today is a gift.

That’s why we call it

The Present…

generally speaking - forum 'questions' are among the most misunderstood, manipulated, abused questions possible on this planet... it is literally dangerous for a member to post a question.

Dear zdo,

Is your first name John?

The chappie that wrote the incomprehensible Revelations

Kind regards

bobc

If someone had asked you, would you have told them those were all ‘dollar’ trades?

…..

Obviously.

As for the rest :shrug: don't care.

I am living and spending my dollars today not 10, 20, 30 or 100 years ago.

Obviously.

As for the rest :shrug: don't care.

I am living and spending my dollars today not 10, 20, 30 or 100 years ago.

so you're not really addressing those who are still in the process of building wealth for "10, 20, 30 or 100 years" from now ?

And for all the disbelievers

The BEARS ........ me included :doh:

Ignore Patucas advice at your own peril :roll eyes:

These are the best charts for the 24 hour market... kitco

Just look at the top graph for the latest. thats the green line-London , which closed UP.

Note that HongKong (Asia ) closed down

Silver looks even stronger

Now if the US $ can go sideways for a few days , we can make some cash

regards

bobc

PS . I haven't seen Patuca for a few days.Over on the "Live trading currencies " thread, he said he was" as thick as a knot in a piece of wood",and nobody DISAGREED

I wonder if he's sulking?

And for all the disbelievers

The BEARS ........ me included :doh:

Ignore Patucas advice at your own peril :roll eyes:

These are the best charts for the 24 hour market... kitco

Just look at the top graph for the latest. thats the green line-London , which closed UP.

Note that HongKong (Asia ) closed down

Silver looks even stronger

Now if the US $ can go sideways for a few days , we can make some cash

regards

bobc

PS . I haven't seen Patuca for a few days.Over on the "Live trading currencies " thread, he said he was" as thick as a knot in a piece of wood",and nobody DISAGREED

I wonder if he's sulking?

Sorry . My charts have disappeared

I blame MMS

Try again

bobc

24_hour_Gold.png.0f026f2f509646738807d38d5a12ce34.png

24_hour_Silver.png.fa2738dd5b7157961912712f66f86120.png