Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

[Tape Reading Video: Big Guys vs Little Guys]

This link was given out today during a CBOT webinar by Hubert Senters:

Tape Reading video by Hubert

Wow. That was very nice. So this what your typical small trader is up against, huh? You better believe that the noise level did not jump because RSI moved above 80, or because two moving averages crossed. The market truly is an auction.

Auction Market Theory, Market Profile/Pivot Profile/Tape Reading/VSA these are the areas where the little guy can get his edge. Thanks.

I went over Huberts video again. I found one thing particularily interesting that I never thought of. Hubert mentions the base off the tape. He is referring to the buy/selling interest at a certain price level. In the video we saw a buying base formed... shown by a nice line of tape at a single price level. Once this base was broken, price fell right through.

Very interesting in my opinion.

Hubert is referring to token as the bracket high or low. Its similar to the method I use when I try to bracket the tape looking for short term resistance and support. Once the support is broken, you dont want the tape to show prints above it, etc..

in hub's video, if there is up movement, say 12519, 19, 19, 20, 20,20, 20, 21 ,21 ,21 ,21 ,22, 22, 22, 23 ,23 ,23 ,23 ,24, 23,21, 21,20 ,20, 19, then move low. in there 24 is the token prints. when hub see the token print, he usually will think the prices will go to oppsite direction.

Well - call me the doubting Thomas - but I think the background noise had a role to play in his tape reading skill/ability.

Too bad that service costs $150 p.m. Is anything cheap these days :( ?

Google where art thou - I wouldn't mind the adds if I got the service free :)

never mind, I got it to work now, format the T&S window, duh!

I´m going to set it up just like yours, one window under 10 lots and one ove 10 lots and see how it goes. I´ll record it again today but I´ll divide them into 30 minute segment so it´ll be easier to upload and view.

Hubert seems to be happy to follow the little guys whereas Soultrader is waiting for the big guys (just comparing the two videos on this thread). If it's a choice between following a bunch of 1 lot traders and following Goldman, I know who I'll follow.

I've learned so much from your videos, thanks a lot Soultrader.