Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2010

As the new year approaches, we will use this thread to start the p/l tracker for the year 2010. I think the 2009 thread turned into a great success, so I hope we can keep it going here.

A few reminders that we can reference in case there's questions later (mainly from new people to the thread):

WHAT TO POST IN THIS THREAD

In this thread, you post screenshots of your profit/loss blotter (p/l). This can easily be done by using a screen capture program like SnagIt and then taking a screenshot from your broker's software.

In addition to the screenshots of your p/l blotter, there will be plenty of discussions going on throughout the thread. As long as the discussions stay productive, I try not to moderate this thread very much. Keep it on track and we'll have a productive thread once again.

WHY POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE A TRADER MAKING MONEY

• Create a place where you are accountable.
  • Get feedback on your trades, progress, etc.
  • If you do want to post charts, you will probably get feedback on these as well.
  • Occasionally you'll get a PM from a new person that says 'Thanks, you've given me some ideas or given me drive to do this'.
  • If you find yourself in a rut, even while making money, this thread can help to push you once again.

WHAT THIS THREAD CAN GIVE TO THOSE THAT ARE NOT YET PROFITABLE

• Show those new to trading it can in fact be done.
  • Show that there's many ways to make money in trading (by seeing a variety of blotters from people posting here).

WHY POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT MAKING MONEY

• Showing your results in a public forum on a consistent basis can be a humbling experience, but it can also help you to focus and keep pushing forward.
  • You might just need a friendly push from some here to get you over that hump.
  • If you want to post charts and dissect your trades, you may get some much needed feedback from a fresh set of eyes.

Obviously participation here is voluntary. If you want to participate, then have at it. If you don't want to participate, feel free to observe.

Edited by brownsfan019

Great thread... wishing you another successful year.

Edited by brownsfan019
Unnecessary posting of why to not post in this thread.

Great stuff Browns,

Your trading the CL contract using candlestick analysis has convinced me that it would be an effective addition to my stock and forex trading method ( I'll hope to trade the oil charts alongside oil stocks).

I really enjoyed reading the thread last year, unfortunately I was not able to post most of the time due to time constraints (as I'm at university in the UK at the moment...they work us hard!).

Hope everyone has a happy Christmas and a prosperous new year!

Best wishes

emile

Jan 4th +437

My goal this coming few months is to only trade my better setups and finally learn to pass on all the in between trades. I posted the individual trades for a little more accountability. I missed 2 great ones on oil and another one on the 6E because I didn't set up my alerts. I am also trying out the alerts to help me stay away from the excess trading trading. I am pretty busy at my corporate job during January so we'll see how often I can get my P/L posted.

SIM results

attachment.php?attachmentid=17166&stc=1&d=1262625101

Just to keep some spice in the pot, I will try to also post a few updates occasionally on my stock trading progress based on the thread I started Here.

Here is where I am at right now. The "gain" column shows overall $(%) gain or loss for that particular holding. These are real money trades and I am still working on my methods so exits aren't ironed out yet but entries are getting better. I have only sold one stock so far from this portfolio which was RAIL and I made 8%.

attachment.php?attachmentid=17167&stc=1&d=1262625671

5aa70f91bbe82_1-4-20103.png.f7c02690568c11d7f2330d97fb937bb7.png

5aa70f91beb4c_1-4-20104.png.a31c95af15f2eae914b4aa1b412c3c3a.png

Hey guys,

This will be my first post on this forum outside of Thales's thread. lol

I thought I'd join the fun over here...

Pretty good first trading day for the year...this was my first day live in a long time. I started today with a $250 FXCM micro UK account.

I'll post today's P/L just for fun because I'm excited! :) I'm not going to make a habit of this though. At the most, I'll post weekly P/L. To me, it's just added stress to have to worry about posting daily results. I don't think I'm personally ready for that.

-Cory

AS.jpg.dff60a401eafaadd0155c80781d29c24.jpg

Here is a screen shot. Around +$5900

This is from my account but I am opening a separate account with $10k to trade money for my brother and when it is funded I will be posting p/l from that account instead of my account. I will be trading the two side by side but mine will come first.

My account did not get to the size it is trading the es, but for me the es is the best way to earn on a larger account. I think my brothers account is probably closer in size to others posting in this thread. I don't think the account will be open until about the 15th of this month so I will switch over then.

1410.PNG.b569ef54932fc130a579055dcfa6d52a.PNG

+275 again. Same amount as yesterday although a much better day. 4 winners in a row, and the 1 losing trade was actually a mistake. Bit of a mix up. Not to worry

edabreu. How do you get you account performance to show the pips? Mine seems to want to show me the percentage of my account i made/lost on each trade..?...thanks

tlpnl.thumb.JPG.dac0e0199b1e6b4c9ae4dbc8900e5f94.JPG

1/5/10: -$195

Overtraded once everything got going this morning. I can't believe oil held up at the 81 range. I thought the late breakdown was going to take it down for sure.

SIM

attachment.php?attachmentid=17259&stc=1&d=1262720904

5aa70f9466ea2_1-5-20101.png.5541ceda58783ae3eb058aa1f5cc0cce.png

Edited by Dinerotrader
SIM note

edabreu. How do you get you account performance to show the pips? Mine seems to want to show me the percentage of my account i made/lost on each trade..?...thanks

Points is not accurate (but this is how you switch from % to point) because it does not tell you the relative point value if you trade instrumnets with different point values

Gabe

Points.png.c806075474c37ecf584ee0e872628b38.png

Been kinda busy.

The day before yesterday I thought the market was going to tank but I guess it had other plans :missy:

Lost 40 euros. Will post SS when I get the chance.

1/7/10: +$882

This is just SIM but it was an exciting day. I got out of several positions way to early (ES and GNG(natural gas)) and still did well. Over the past few days I feel like I am finally getting my method down and learning what I want to trade. It is funny how excited you can get over SIM results. I am definitely going to start taking some real money trades once my work load is not so heavy.

SIM

attachment.php?attachmentid=17384&stc=1&d=1262882301

5aa70f983e2f8_1-7-20101.png.605123fa93e0a7021a94d6278777e578.png