Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

exbryan

Why You Say Indicators Fail and Price Action Always Works ?

Why you say indicators fail and price action always works ?

This is a different thread to my previous thread called "with and without trading indicators". Recently I followed a price action course at 2ndskiesforex after reviewing forex peace army reviews. Actually that was great experience with Chris and I realized that price action powerful and always works. I spent thousnads of dolors on indicators and systems and finally down to free Moving averages with price action.

Would like to listen to similar stories here.........

In my experience, price action is the only way to go for being constantly profitable in all the market conditions.

I personally switched from indicators to pure price action trading after I joined the DnB price action war room, where they offer an excellent course consisting of an actual trading protocol with all the details about the various price action setups, how to enter, where to put the stoploss as well as the target profit. Since I apply the DnB protocol (quite a few months now), I am constantly profitable in the market. The price action can be applied to all the market conditions, and this is the main difference between indicators and price action trading.

When I was trading using indicators, such as MACD, RSI, and/or Stocastic, I used to have several good weeks of constant profit, and then all of a sudden those profits got canceled by few weeks full of disasters. Obviously the market conditions changed, and my indicator based methods were not profitable anymore for some reason.

I do recommend the price action approach to whoever wants to succeed in the trading business, and I would love to hear also the opinions from other profitable traders that are using indicators instead of price action.

The problem with shills is pretty obvious to folks who have been here a while.....one post and just by coincidence he is here to help the original poster (who is probably his/her partner)....

The "problem" with indicators doesn't exist....indicators are tools....no different than if one uses power tools like drills or circular saws to make furniture or cabinetry....in the hands of a skilled person, these tools produce a good result, in the hands of inexperienced persons, the result is often quite different...

Yes I teach folks (4 people several times a year), and understandably some are skeptical of me as well.....frankly I couldn't care less....

Good luck

The reason 'systems' don't always work, is because they are designed to work in certain conditions and when conditions change - the system doesn't work as well. Price action is learning the repeating and predictable patterns of the market - and learning to take those trades which statistically have the best survival rate.

Looks like 2018 will be the year where AI takes the crazy pigeon programming project to dizzying new heights of service to this 'community'.

Don't worry, I am not programmed either. I really do not think I should use the fkuchaed word in my any Post.

mits, I still think you keep beating on the wrong fkuchaed :grin:

There is an inherent self-limiting function in AI. It uses, accesses, collates, and calculates with, false information. Not just here and there or now and then, but on a continuous basis.

Think about all the entrenched institutions and monopolies in our society. Each one of them proliferates false information in cascades.

No machine can correct that. Indeed, AI machines are victims to it. They in turn emanate more falsities based on the information they are utilizing.

Each and every false datum generates a wider and wider stream of lies, and the streams, becoming rivers, overlap and produce oceans of contaminated information.

The oceans of false information that circulate in this world—and are loaded into the super-computer—would be yours. The best model I can think of for THAT is…

Mainstream news.

The Fatal Flaw in the Brain-Computer Interface

Mits,

What chance is there for a return to the 'glory days' if stoopidity is allowed to flourish, let alone be nurtured, as you seem to insist on?

Insist? I let it go long ago... and just thank the lord I don’t need this place. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jan/23/never-get-high-on-your-own-supply-why-social-media-bosses-dont-use-social-media'>https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jan/23/never-get-high-on-your-own-supply-why-social-media-bosses-dont-use-social-media

My audience here is miniscule and I only need to do a better job with them...

As far as damage goes...and “What chance is there for a return to the 'glory days'” etc - imo, the intolerance of the smart posters edges out damaging TL more than the bot echo chamber dumb posters do across the years. And neither are ultimately to blame. We’re looking at multiple generations now of dumbed down... and the results are starting to show.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jan/23/never-get-high-on-your-own-supply-why-social-media-bosses-dont-use-social-media

Re:AI

" never spoken" / “swear at the fukcre” - That’s funny, mits :). To get passed off to a human quickly, I like to mumble

Luvn AI .... dystopi

Why You Say Indicators Fail and Price Action Always Works ? ...esp when AI uses indicators to 'create' PA

shine on you crazy diamond

zdo

ps CrzyCzry is the ultimate generalist... :rofl:

Edited by zdo

Mits,

Insist? I let it go long ago... and just thank the lord I don’t need this place. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jan/23/never-get-high-on-your-own-supply-why-social-media-bosses-dont-use-social-media'>https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jan/23/never-get-high-on-your-own-supply-why-social-media-bosses-dont-use-social-media

My audience here is miniscule and I only need to do a better job with them...

As far as damage goes...and “What chance is there for a return to the 'glory days'” etc - imo, the intolerance of the smart posters edges out damaging TL more than the bot echo chamber dumb posters do across the years. And neither are ultimately to blame. We’re looking at multiple generations now of dumbed down... and the results are starting to show.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jan/23/never-get-high-on-your-own-supply-why-social-media-bosses-dont-use-social-media

Re:AI

" never spoken" / “swear at the fukcre” - That’s funny, mits :). To get passed off to a human quickly, I like to mumble

Luvn AI .... dystopi

Why You Say Indicators Fail and Price Action Always Works ? ...esp when AI uses indicators to 'create' PA

shine on you crazy diamond

zdo

ps CrzyCzry is the ultimate generalist... :rofl:

That is so funny If being active is the tagline for ultimate generalist then sure I am an ultimate generalist. Thank you.

On 6/16/2013 at 6:29 AM, exbryan said:

Why you say indicators fail and price action always works ?

This is a different thread to my previous thread called "with and without trading indicators". Recently I followed a price action course at 2ndskiesforex after reviewing forex peace army reviews. Actually that was great experience with Chris and I realized that price action powerful and always works. I spent thousnads of dolors on indicators and systems and finally down to free Moving averages with price action.

Would like to listen to similar stories here.........

Leaving aside the "always", indicators are based on price and / or volume, so as derivatives they filter out some information, and inherently include some delay relatively to price and volume.

There is nothing which works every time and that includes price action trading also. With price action trading it's easier to navigate on your chart because you have a clean chart without indicators. It depends on your style if you prefer indicators or price action trading. I learned price action trading from learntotradethemarkets.com and the course was very detailed, structured and understood how this type of trading works. I also heard that in the long run price action trading can be very profitable.

You realize that those who sell trading classes can't make their money from trading ... If they taught from the goodness of their hearts they would do it for free, not for the exorbitant prices they charge.

I can't agree with you. Trading full time is one thing, just as working at a job. But then trading will never be a fixed income. To play smart and always have an income, selling products that you make or made in the past can definitely give you some extra. And since you are already spending most of your time on that, why not write it down and sell it to people.

Off topic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:offtopic:

The weakness of most indicators is that the same ‘visual’ indicator travel /pattern can be produced by as many as 20 different chart/price travel /patterns.  If a trader cannot type the auction, indicators alone barely bump his probabilities up.  Big woop bcse meanwhile show me a price action trader who can’t type the auction and I’ll show you a failing price action trader too.  

Ie Consciously reading context is the only way you can know what to do when... a price action trader who inadequately or unconsciously reads context (ie doesn’t know what auction types he’s puny at detecting, etc.) may slightly outperform an indicator trader who inadequately or unconsciously reads context at the same skill level , but that will not be enough to get him over the threshold to consistent profitability either.

Ie I can say with pretty high certainty that any noob who is questioning / bouncing around btwn pa and inds actually needs to drop them both and learn conscious ‘contexting’ first

sell

In this trading strategy, We combine the RSI indicator with the MACD. First, enter the market whenever the RSI gives an overbought or oversold signal which is supported by a MACD signal line crossing. And then close the position if eitherindicator provides an exit signal.