Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

exbryan

Why You Say Indicators Fail and Price Action Always Works ?

Why you say indicators fail and price action always works ?

This is a different thread to my previous thread called "with and without trading indicators". Recently I followed a price action course at 2ndskiesforex after reviewing forex peace army reviews. Actually that was great experience with Chris and I realized that price action powerful and always works. I spent thousnads of dolors on indicators and systems and finally down to free Moving averages with price action.

Would like to listen to similar stories here.........

In my experience, price action is the only way to go for being constantly profitable in all the market conditions.

I personally switched from indicators to pure price action trading after I joined the DnB price action war room, where they offer an excellent course consisting of an actual trading protocol with all the details about the various price action setups, how to enter, where to put the stoploss as well as the target profit. Since I apply the DnB protocol (quite a few months now), I am constantly profitable in the market. The price action can be applied to all the market conditions, and this is the main difference between indicators and price action trading.

When I was trading using indicators, such as MACD, RSI, and/or Stocastic, I used to have several good weeks of constant profit, and then all of a sudden those profits got canceled by few weeks full of disasters. Obviously the market conditions changed, and my indicator based methods were not profitable anymore for some reason.

I do recommend the price action approach to whoever wants to succeed in the trading business, and I would love to hear also the opinions from other profitable traders that are using indicators instead of price action.

The problem with shills is pretty obvious to folks who have been here a while.....one post and just by coincidence he is here to help the original poster (who is probably his/her partner)....

The "problem" with indicators doesn't exist....indicators are tools....no different than if one uses power tools like drills or circular saws to make furniture or cabinetry....in the hands of a skilled person, these tools produce a good result, in the hands of inexperienced persons, the result is often quite different...

Yes I teach folks (4 people several times a year), and understandably some are skeptical of me as well.....frankly I couldn't care less....

Good luck

The reason 'systems' don't always work, is because they are designed to work in certain conditions and when conditions change - the system doesn't work as well. Price action is learning the repeating and predictable patterns of the market - and learning to take those trades which statistically have the best survival rate.

The reason 'systems' don't always work, is because they are designed to work in certain conditions and when conditions change - the system doesn't work as well. Price action is learning the repeating and predictable patterns of the market - and learning to take those trades which statistically have the best survival rate.

You forgot to mention forex. Have you been reprogrammed by a human or did they just spill coffee all over your binary codes?

I am not a programmed, I really do not think that I should always use Forex word in my any Post.

Looks like 2018 will be the year where AI takes the crazy pigeon programming project to dizzying new heights of service to this 'community'.

Don't worry, I am not programmed either. I really do not think I should use the fkuchaed word in my any Post.

Edited by mitsubishi

Looks like 2018 will be the year where AI takes the crazy pigeon programming project to dizzying new heights of service to this 'community'.

Don't worry, I am not programmed either. I really do not think I should use the fkuchaed word in my any Post.

mits, I still think you keep beating on the wrong fkuchaed :grin:

There is an inherent self-limiting function in AI. It uses, accesses, collates, and calculates with, false information. Not just here and there or now and then, but on a continuous basis.

Think about all the entrenched institutions and monopolies in our society. Each one of them proliferates false information in cascades.

No machine can correct that. Indeed, AI machines are victims to it. They in turn emanate more falsities based on the information they are utilizing.

Each and every false datum generates a wider and wider stream of lies, and the streams, becoming rivers, overlap and produce oceans of contaminated information.

The oceans of false information that circulate in this world—and are loaded into the super-computer—would be yours. The best model I can think of for THAT is…

Mainstream news.

The Fatal Flaw in the Brain-Computer Interface

mits, I still think you keep beating on the wrong fkuchaed :grin:

Nope.

I guarantee (s)he'll continue to provide all the evidence required to guarantee an extension of the current policy.

You know that I was patient and showed restraint for a long time. But the cnut never appreciated that at all. At least now that theres a heads up been estsblished there's no excuse

(S)he'll think twice now before using the F word in future.

And besides. there are three dicekahd clowns in the gang,, not one.. Unless it actually is one pretending to be 3. In that case you can only stand back in awe at both,the capacity for stoopidity and, the size of the mental deficiency required for promoting it so relentlessly.

You even admit in your freudian slip that' fukchaed' is the correct terminology to describe the deception and dumbfukcery and sheer waste of cyberspace that the 1000's of members who are no longer here are forced to ignore.

What chance is there for a return to the 'glory days' if stoopidity is allowed to flourish, let alone be nurtured, as you seem to insist on?

I know you mean well, but I'm down on liberals..in all shapes and forms, for at least the next century.Harden the fukc up, the current climate demands at least that.

Think of the greater good...just for once ..will you FFS?:)

And Btw, re you link there. I don't give a damn how stoopid you think AI is at the moment. I will continue to batter it with the flat side of a cricket bat regardless. An ounce of prevention is worth 250k libtards.

I've never spoken to a robot in my life and I never will. You'll find that when you call the utility Co and swear at the fukcre every time it asks a question for long enough, inevitably a human intervenes eventually..

And I don't care if it takes 18 minutes before that happens because-

1- I could break any world records on swearing at AI you care to put up.

and

2- I can actually multi task when I'm on the phone.

Edited by mitsubishi

Mits,

What chance is there for a return to the 'glory days' if stoopidity is allowed to flourish, let alone be nurtured, as you seem to insist on?

Insist? I let it go long ago... and just thank the lord I don’t need this place. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jan/23/never-get-high-on-your-own-supply-why-social-media-bosses-dont-use-social-media'>https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jan/23/never-get-high-on-your-own-supply-why-social-media-bosses-dont-use-social-media

My audience here is miniscule and I only need to do a better job with them...

As far as damage goes...and “What chance is there for a return to the 'glory days'” etc - imo, the intolerance of the smart posters edges out damaging TL more than the bot echo chamber dumb posters do across the years. And neither are ultimately to blame. We’re looking at multiple generations now of dumbed down... and the results are starting to show.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jan/23/never-get-high-on-your-own-supply-why-social-media-bosses-dont-use-social-media

Re:AI

" never spoken" / “swear at the fukcre” - That’s funny, mits :). To get passed off to a human quickly, I like to mumble

Luvn AI .... dystopi

Why You Say Indicators Fail and Price Action Always Works ? ...esp when AI uses indicators to 'create' PA

shine on you crazy diamond

zdo

ps CrzyCzry is the ultimate generalist... :rofl:

Edited by zdo

Mits,

Insist? I let it go long ago... and just thank the lord I don’t need this place. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jan/23/never-get-high-on-your-own-supply-why-social-media-bosses-dont-use-social-media'>https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jan/23/never-get-high-on-your-own-supply-why-social-media-bosses-dont-use-social-media

My audience here is miniscule and I only need to do a better job with them...

As far as damage goes...and “What chance is there for a return to the 'glory days'” etc - imo, the intolerance of the smart posters edges out damaging TL more than the bot echo chamber dumb posters do across the years. And neither are ultimately to blame. We’re looking at multiple generations now of dumbed down... and the results are starting to show.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jan/23/never-get-high-on-your-own-supply-why-social-media-bosses-dont-use-social-media

Re:AI

" never spoken" / “swear at the fukcre” - That’s funny, mits :). To get passed off to a human quickly, I like to mumble

Luvn AI .... dystopi

Why You Say Indicators Fail and Price Action Always Works ? ...esp when AI uses indicators to 'create' PA

shine on you crazy diamond

zdo

ps CrzyCzry is the ultimate generalist... :rofl:

That is so funny If being active is the tagline for ultimate generalist then sure I am an ultimate generalist. Thank you.