Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

E-mini Futures Trading Laboratory S&P, Dow, Nasdaq, Russell, Dax and more - index futures

Like Tree19Likes
Old 04-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #17

Ignore this user

Re: Does Anyone Truly Make a Living Solely Trading the E-minis???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86834 »
You need to find an experience trader that will mentor you. I would only class someone as an experienced mentor if they've consistently earned over $300,000 a year for 3 years or more.
I wonder who met a mentor who was willing to provide reliable proof of their income......

Gabe
Old 04-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #18

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe2004 »
I wonder who met a mentor who was willing to provide reliable proof of their income......

Gabe
Very funny Gabe... and spot on.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #19

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe2004 »

Gabe
Gabe... it's much easier to just Talk a big game.
Here is the real truth for anyone looking for genuine mentor. If they accept you they will let you visit them for as many consective days and watch them trade LIVE REAL MONEY and they will show you their past statements. They are very picky about who they take on. They ask a lot of questions prior to accepting someone. They dont advertise, word of mouth is all they need. They are so busy that you will never see them on forums looking for business here or any other forum. And they are primarily Traders and only take on a hand-full of clients per year. They are seeked out ...they dont seek clients.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sep34 For This Useful Post:
Cory2679 (04-03-2010), cunparis (10-12-2010)
Old 04-02-2010, 07:14 PM   #20

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by sep34 »
Gabe... it's much easier to just Talk a big game.
Here is the real truth for anyone looking for genuine mentor. If they accept you they will let you visit them for as many consective days and watch them trade LIVE REAL MONEY and they will show you their past statements. They are very picky about who they take on. They ask a lot of questions prior to accepting someone. They dont advertise, word of mouth is all they need. They are so busy that you will never see them on forums looking for business here or any other forum. And they are primarily Traders and only take on a hand-full of clients per year. They are seeked out ...they dont seek clients.
You hit the nail on the head there.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #21

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86834 »
You hit the nail on the head there.
So 86834, why are you here?
If you fall into the category of real traders that are NOT in these forums to solicit for clients you should not have provided a link to your site which in a way is a solicitaion for clients.
I don't have a problem with you doing what you do btw. I just wonder

Gabe
Old 04-02-2010, 08:01 PM   #22

Ignore this user

All inputs so far are very informative; however I still wonder (and I donīt want to beat a dead horse) if there are those traders that make a living solely trading the e-minis.
Some "yes I do", "no I donīt" followed by some "Why", "How", "How long" would suffice.
Iīve found some similar questions on the Forexīs foruns Iīve searched, I just wonder if some similarities between the types of trades (highly leveraged) that occurs in these markets (Forex, e-minis futures, etc...) only allow the brokerage companies that offer them to to truly make a living on the long run?!?!
Also, it would be helpful if the information given isnīt so focused on why 99.9% of all the traders fail, because these type of info is all over the place, specially in sites that sell systems and mentorships.
Thank you for all inputs so far.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #23

Ignore this user

Well it's a quiet week and i'm browsing a forum about trading.

The honest answer is that I believe that 99.999% of what is written on trading forums, retail broker sites and the internet in general is pure nonsense. I'm not really too interested in discussing trading methods with people online. When I load up this website, the first thing I see is 'The Zig Zag Indicator' which I find comical. I also find some of the posts of sites such as these funny reading.

99.9% of those that making posts on trading forums don't have a clue, then the 00.1% that can trade, well there's no point discussing trading methods with them. I make money, they make money, and any talk of which methods work is just the same as two artists arguing over how to draw an apple. If you're making money, you're making money, it doesn't really require discussion. When i'm in the pub with my friends that are traders, we're not talking about trading methods....

However, having said that, what I do like about these forums, and what I use my blog for is to interact with newer traders. Starring at the charts, and taking trades is just a job to me, the bit that I like to talk about is the wisdom and philosophy of trading. That's the interesting part of trading. Once you get good a trading and are earning money, like i say, it's just a job at the end of the day. The philosophy of the market and how it can make you wise way beyond your years is something that I like to share with people. One day when I bring myself to retire from what i love to do (mrs is always nagging me to retire) I want to write a book on trading philosophy, and for me, it intrigues to read what people have to say on forums like these. I work in the professional arena of trading, I know what that is like, and what goes through the minds of most people on the desk, but I don't know what goes through the minds of people like yourself, and it intriuges me how there's this whole other world of fools gold where the only people making money are the people selling the shovels. Personally I think it's wrong, and i find it intruiging to see how in the retail world, places like this for example, seem to fight amongst each other. It's a place where the true nature of man can be seen. The milk of human kindness slowly curdles and turns sour. I just find it fascinating how most of you don't realize that the markets are really just about understanding yourself more than anything.

Like I say, it's just fascinating to me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 86834 For This Useful Post:
brutusdog (04-03-2010), rrsanto (08-07-2011)
Old 04-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #24

Ignore this user

I forgot to add to my last post... Yes I do offer mentorship, but no it has nothing to do why i'm posting in this thread. To nip the whole mentorship thing in the bud, somewhere like this really isn't a place for clients for me. No offence or anything, but as stated in one of my posts 99.9% of you will not be properly funded, and 99.9% of people on a website like this wouldn't be able afford my fee or 20% take of monthly profits. So rest assured, i'm not hear to promote mentorship lol

Like i say, it's the wisdom and philosophy side of things that I enjoy sharing about my path as a trader, not how I trade. Hopefully my writing on my blog will be something that will make you think, make you smile or crack a laugh to yourself after a bad day. I like to think that some of you would like my blog, but then again some of you won't, but that's the beauty if life isn't it?

Last post can be found here, and if you read it, you can see that it actually has nothing about tell you how to trade.

Emini S&P 500 Trading: Ahhh Memories
yongnanliu likes this.

« E-Mini S&P 500 | - »
Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: