Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Bid-Ask Tape Indicator

Hi Blue Ray,

You have done a great job coding Hubert's "secret" Divergence indicator.

I was trying to create an exit for one of my strategies based on that indicator. But no success. What I want to do is very simple: If I am Long and 2 consecutive Red histogramm bars are in place I want to exit. And opposite for Short trades.

What I wrote is this:

If MP = 1 and BAVolDiff[1] <= 0 and BAVolDiff <= 0

then begin

Sell ("SX1") from entry (LEdelta") next bar market;

end;

Something is not working correctly with this line, I am not getting exits at right place

Would you be so kind and may be help me with it. I am not a very good programmer but very good with pattern recognition.

Best Regards,

Ancharka

Blu,

Thanks so much. I have been waiting for this alarmed Delta Diver for a long time now. You are the greatest.

Questions:

1. Do we have to set our own alert or does it happen automatically per the code?

2. If we want the Show Me and the alert do we have to add both ELD's to a chart?

Again, much thanks.

Bryan

Hi Blue Ray,

You have done a great job coding Hubert's "secret" Divergence indicator.

I was trying to create an exit for one of my strategies based on that indicator. But no success. What I want to do is very simple: If I am Long and 2 consecutive Red histogramm bars are in place I want to exit. And opposite for Short trades.

What I wrote is this:

If MP = 1 and BAVolDiff[1] <= 0 and BAVolDiff <= 0

then begin

end;

Something is not working correctly with this line, I am not getting exits at right place

Would you be so kind and may be help me with it. I am not a very good programmer but very good with pattern recognition.

Best Regards,

Ancharka

Hi Ancharka

It looks okay to me, what I would do is remove the = and also check that intrabar order generation is not enabled. Apart from that, I'm unsure.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Edit: This shouldn't make any difference, but give it a try as sometimes TS is a bit funny with exits:

If MP = 1 and BAVolDiff[2] > 0 and BAVolDiff[1] < 0 and BAVolDiff < 0

then begin

end;

Edited by Blu-Ray
Added some coding

Blu,

Thanks so much. I have been waiting for this alarmed Delta Diver for a long time now. You are the greatest.

Questions:

1. Do we have to set our own alert or does it happen automatically per the code?

2. If we want the Show Me and the alert do we have to add both ELD's to a chart?

Again, much thanks.

Bryan

No Probs Bryan,

1. Just format the indicator and click on " enable alerts".

2. No, I coded alerts into the "Show Me" as well, so you would just need to add that ELD to your chart, just remember that the alert will fire off after the bar has finished.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Edited by Blu-Ray
Spelling

Hi Blue Ray,

Thanks for that, but I have one small request though, ELD's cant be read by 2000i could you please post as an ELA or just the code so I can get it into TS.

Thanks

Dovetree

Yes sorry, I realised this later on, here you go:

inputs:

UpColor(green),

DnColor(red),

UpDivergence(Blue),

DnDivergence(Magenta);

vars:

LL(0),HH(0);

if date <> date[1] then begin

LL = low;

HH = High;

end;

if Low < LL then LL = Low;

if High > HH then HH = high;

if upticks > downticks then value1 = (upticks-downticks) else value1 = -(downticks-upticks);

plot1(value1,"ticks");

if plot1 > 0 then setplotcolor(1,upcolor) else setplotcolor(1,dncolor);

if low = LL and value1> 0 then begin

setplotcolor(1,UpDivergence);

Alert( "New Low_Divergence");

end;

if high = HH and value1< 0 then begin

setplotcolor(1,DnDivergence);

Alert ("New High_Divergence");

end;

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Hi Ancharka

It looks okay to me, what I would do is remove the = and also check that intrabar order generation is not enabled. Apart from that, I'm unsure.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Edit: This shouldn't make any difference, but give it a try as sometimes TS is a bit funny with exits:

If MP = 1 and BAVolDiff[2] > 0 and BAVolDiff[1] < 0 and BAVolDiff < 0

then begin

end;

Good Morning, Blu-Ray

Thank you very much for your input. I am going to try it today and see if it will work. I will let you know.

Best Regards,

Ancharka

HI Blueray,

The only problem with the code I see so far for 2000i is upcolor and down colour etc. These words again are not recognised.

Will have to add some type of line like

If value > than 0 colour green, or value <0 color red etc.

Thanks

Hi Blu ray, I thank you agian for the work. It appears the following code works with 2000i.

vars:

LL(0),HH(0);

if date <> date[1] then begin

LL = low;

HH = High;

end;

if Low < LL then LL = Low;

if High > HH then HH = high;

if upticks > downticks then value1 = (upticks-downticks) else value1 = -(downticks-upticks);

plot1(value1,"ticks");

if plot1 > 0 then setplotcolor(1,green) else setplotcolor(1,red);

if low = LL and value1> 0 then begin

setplotcolor(1,blue);

Alert( "New Low_Divergence");

end;

if high = HH and value1< 0 then begin

setplotcolor(1,magenta);

Alert ("New High_Divergence");

end;

The solution seems to be working OK but if you can see a problem with the code I would appreciate your further input.

thanks

Yeah, thanks blu ray. Looking forward to seeing your results.

Can anyone provide information or a link to the conceptual premise behind this indicator and how it might be used? I'm looking at the attached jpg files and it's not clear to me what's going on.

I think the guys over at TTM did a free seminar on "market delta" this week which seems very similar to this indicator. Does anyone have the link to the recording?

Thanks.

here you go (from a new member)

http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7Iw8p&m=1gyDIE7Q_Aub5r&b=Xzn_7j_Ckjtc0grpBToSzA

is DeltaDivergence indicator give signal only at the hi and low of the day?

Sean, That is a very catalytic question! Please start a collaboration thread over in coding subsection and we'll brainstorm and code some techniques to turn this thing on at good places in extremes of swings (of sufficient quality and size) that aren't outside current range of the day... thanks

I just started using it ...have it on a 1 min chart on the YM. I got one signal today early in the morning...at the time it was the new high (although briefly).

My understanding is it will give signals whenever there is a divergence and not necessarily when a new high/low is hit. I plan to monitor it over the next week so hopefully I will know more later and can report back.

TTM suggested it be used only when new highs/low are hit as a counter trend signal (eg. fade the high).

I just started using it ...have it on a 1 min chart on the YM. I got one signal today early in the morning...at the time it was the new high (although briefly).

My understanding is it will give signals whenever there is a divergence and not necessarily when a new high/low is hit. I plan to monitor it over the next week so hopefully I will know more later and can report back.

TTM suggested it be used only when new highs/low are hit as a counter trend signal (eg. fade the high).

Hi dede

No, it will only fire off a signal at the low or high of the day. But as zdo just mentioned if people agreed we can easily change it to the lowest low of x bars or something.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

I belong to TTM and get JC's video newsletter at night. It gives me access to thier discussion forum etc. I posted that the TL version of the DD Indicator is available here for free. They removed my post. I tend to like JC and Hubert, but those guys really seem to be about the $$. My assumption is that they have a ton of it, but yet everything they sell is for a heafty price. It's like the Hieken Ashi bars. They call it the TTM Trend and even to this day they still sell it when you can find it for free at TL or maybe on the TS forum. They don't want to give anything away.

drsushi,

Thanks for making such a bold move to post that on TTM's forum. I have been a member and I also like the guys. It seems that with their success and the large number of people subscribed to TTM. they are constantly attempting to cash in.

A few weeks back, I actually got a recorded reminder call from Hubert about a free webinar. I know it was about the money.

I appreciate the education that they offer. But, thank God for TL, James, Blu-ray and folks like them.

Bryan

Bryan,

Thanks for your comments.

I don't know if it's a bold move or not. Maybe I shouldn't have done it, I don't know. Someone made a comment about Hubert saying that just before a free webinar for a new indicator he always says he has been secretly using the indicator. I never thought of the coincidence of him saying it, but I think the timing of his comments are a little suspect. From what I know about him he is a scalper and a tape reader. He even says give me tape and a execution platform and I can trade. I don't think he needs or wants any indicators. Also, being a member of thier site he gave me his cell number so I could call with questions because he hates to type. In the process of asking questions and says the indicators are basically worthless, 50/50 at best. Maybe I shouldn't repeat that here, but they charge over a grand for those things and he doesn't even think much of them. I look at the generosity coming from this website and I think thay maybe there are still good people in this world willing to help others without asking for something in return. Someone asks for a code change and it's done. I have no problem with TTM running a business etc, but I do have an issue with being gouged (sp) for every little thing.

David

mrsushi,

You are a good guy. And there are lots of truly great and generous people in the trading world. I have met and continue to meet tons of them. As per Hubert and John, they are great salesmen (or at least Hubert is). Nobody is perfect. We all manipulate the facts, at times. Sure, Hubert is looking a little sleazy these days. And some in this forum will call them greedy.

But, the bottom line is, are they providing a valuable service? Are people's education in trading really deepening and their results improving. We all start from the simple. We just want some arrows to tell us when to get in and when to get out. In time, after painful losses, we learn (or never learn) that it isn't that simple. We (hopefully) learn that we need to understand how the market works and we need to learn to read that dynamic movement.

John and Hubert's motivations and priorities are in question. They seem to add more and more to the mix so that they can make more money. Any of those indicators (tools) they are offering can be used to positive purpose. I use some of them. But, I never use them in the often cut and dried way that those guys teach. I use them as information only.

But, adding so much also muddies the waters, and I think that teachers should make it their priority to clear the waters. To help their students get to a deeper place of understanding.

It has taken me over two years of indicator search/hell to start to understand that they are best used as training wheels or, at best, guides. The story is truly in the price action and volume.

So Hubert, as someone who is primarily a tape reader, knows this. Yet, he is constantly pushing all these training wheels. And offering simplistic techniques that work great sometimes but can never work consistently.

Getting back to your actions of posting the free indicators on the TTM site, I commended you on your boldness. I didn't think I knew knew you well enough to point out, what may be considered by some, your stupidity. Because, over all, I admire your action. Of course, they would get rid of the post ASAP. And, your relations with them are now different. And, you may be blackballed. But, you performed a service. And, hopefully, some people there took notice.

We're all learning together. And your contribution (even though J and H might not like it) helps the greater community. And, in the end, that's what matters most.

Whew. Long-winded response, huh? Take care.

Bryan

I agree with Bryan David. Hopefully you dont feel bad about it. It was honest, thats all that counts. this seems such a rare thing in learning to trade these days !!

Thank goodness for the Traders Laboratory ! A true wanting to find the truth and David you have lived up to this and more.

Like you guys I have seen some things on TTM that I am not happy about.

The Hubert Indicator "sales Crap" was the final straw for me with TTM. eg "An indicator co-developed by Market Delta, a Mathematician and TTM !! lol...So it will be pretty expensive...."

Well they cut it down from an estimated $900 to the $499 in the end. But I think they have lost some people from it (including me !)

Best Regards

John

ps Thanks Blue-Ray also !!