Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Dinerotrader

Interesting Charts for Technical Trades

What do you use to help you determine the trend is coming to an end?

If it's proprietary in nature no worries, no need to detail.

Just thought it would be helpful to others to have some idea of what you personally would look for to head for the exits.

MMS

I'd be looking for multiple failures to break through resistance, lower lows, trendline break, etc.

I was close to getting out of FEED because it has tested the $3 area several times but didn't make any lower lows after testing so I hung in there.

Super, most appreciated - thanks for that.

Continued success with it in the meantime!

I'd be looking for multiple failures to break through resistance, lower lows, trendline break, etc.

I was close to getting out of FEED because it has tested the $3 area several times but didn't make any lower lows after testing so I hung in there.

FEED

SOLD

Well, I got worked by a bad earnings/new event on FEED. Even if I had had my stop loss move up, the morning gap down was too large too handle. I sold everything at 2.60 so I only made 11% when 2 days ago I was up 42%. There are so many ways to screw up in this game.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22884&stc=1&d=1289488383

5aa71042b991e_11-11-201001.png.39c23f012ce1058f470eb2a8e4ab0e78.png

What's your feeling on holding through earnings?

When I was more actively swing trading stocks I used to have a rule to exit the day before the news because I felt it's a coin flip at that point. Of course, there were many, many times I regretted it when it spiked my way and kept going -- I can't say I ever was 100% sure the right thing to do in that situation.

MMS

What's your feeling on holding through earnings?

When I was more actively swing trading stocks I used to have a rule to exit the day before the news because I felt it's a coin flip at that point. Of course, there were many, many times I regretted it when it spiked my way and kept going -- I can't say I ever was 100% sure the right thing to do in that situation.

MMS

I normally don't hold through earnings but FEED has had so many good ones that I might have held through even if I had remembered earnings were coming out.

I sold everything at 2.60 so I only made 11% when 2 days ago I was up 42%. There are so many ways to screw up in this game.

Come on DT, get out at the high!

You probably just got so bored w/ trading a stock after rocking in Crude for a bit.

;)

Ah, Crude Oil trading now that's something after my own heart. For me it's the most dependable market. Though lately I've mixed in some Natural Gas as there's days it has been moving actually better -- key for me is to always enter it on buy or sell stop limits and allow 1 tick slippage. Since it has a tendency to slip several ticks if you don't control it.....

Well, back to the oil fields.....

MMS

Ah, Crude Oil trading now that's something after my own heart. For me it's the most dependable market. Though lately I've mixed in some Natural Gas as there's days it has been moving actually better -- key for me is to always enter it on buy or sell stop limits and allow 1 tick slippage. Since it has a tendency to slip several ticks if you don't control it.....

Well, back to the oil fields.....

MMS

MMS - would be nice to get a more active trading thread(s) on oil. That 'other' site has a very active CL trading thread and it's actually pretty good. Very little off topic stuff.

No idea how many around here trade it though so it may end up being you and me talking.

:)

What about this one, is there any probability to reverse and start uptrend?

just wondering...what makes you think that it will reverse?

personally I look for a supportive candle first, I've never been good at picking tops or bottoms :roll eyes:

Wells Fargo had a strong earnings report on Friday. Unfortunately, for bulls (myself included) who were long on the stock it has fallen. :doh:

The market has reacted negatively even though WFC has been given an "overweight" rating by quite a few Wall Street analysts. The current trading price of $34.75 could actually be a long term support level as WFC is posed to have increasing growth given its cost management and core business growth. Price targets are up with many expecting it to hit $50 per share in 2 years time.

WFC.bmp

Wells Fargo had a strong earnings report on Friday. Unfortunately, for bulls (myself included) who were long on the stock it has fallen. :doh:...

You are talking funnymentals on a technical topic?

And in case you don't know the market has a way of reacting differently than what is expected by the majority whether or not FA or TA is used for analysis.