Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Here is something I noticed within myself that I had to shift my point of view on this method:

I was focusing on drawing 100% correct tapes. While the goal is to eventually be able to identify tapes correctly, I think the first objective should be to identify either transverses or channels depending on your style of trading.

You may get 1 or 2 or even 3 tapes drawn incorrectly but that can offset if you have a somewhat correct transverse.

Also, this method should not be substitute for proper money management.

You may get 1 or 2 or even 3 tapes drawn incorrectly but that can offset if you have a somewhat correct transverse.

I can say positively if you have incorrect tapes you have incorrect traverses. I will tell you it is more than likely you will not get a correct traverse if you cannot build up from the foundation. You can't have a finished home before you have the lumber delivered and framing begin.

Look at posts spanning years and years of banged heads on walls over this.

Go to the first few pages and really try to absorb them. Build the correct tapes, then build the correct traverse. There is not a short cut that exists to this method.

Just a long journey.( long painful journey of endless head banging :crap: . . . lol )

Enjoy the journey

There is not a short cut that exists to this method.

Just a long journey.( long painful journey of endless head banging :crap: . . . lol )

Enjoy the journey

LOL.............................:o

It was great meeting everyone in Vegas!

I hope to start posting charts to this thread again starting this weekend. I learned quite a bit, but still got a bit more to go. :) :)

HUGE thanks to Spyder of course!! :)

ehorn we missed you! Great meeting rs5 and everyone else, keep up the great work. I'm usually only on some nights plus weekends but I'll give everyone my messenger info who wants it via PM. I think it would be helpful if we get together in person again sometime, I heard talk of a SoCal meeting, I'm up for that. Moving to Atlanta probably in a few months so if anyone's in Atlanta and wants to go through some charts on a weekend together please hit me up. I think there are strength in numbers so to speak. :)

Hi Everyone,

We have had some slow markets in the past few weeks. Does anything change in your approach to annotation as the market volume slows?

I could make a case for changing the time frame for both ES and YM and using longer timed bars. Or drop down to faster bars. Is one change better than the other; or is annotation always the same regardless of the market movement?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

ramora

Hi Everyone,

We have had some slow markets in the past few weeks. Does anything change in your approach to annotation as the market volume slows?

I could make a case for changing the time frame for both ES and YM and using longer timed bars. Or drop down to faster bars. Is one change better than the other; or is annotation always the same regardless of the market movement?

ramora

can you post your chart to show your reasons for the need to change?

can you make the change, then show us another chart?

is it better after the change? do you see any improvements?

Edited by Tams

Greetings,

In an effort to contribute to the JHM community as so many others have, I have put together a summarry of the material I found most helpful since I started reading this thread. I may have made errors in the presentation or even still have errors in my understanding of some of the concepts, so view critically. In either case, your feedback is welcome. Please remember that this my humble attempt to present material I am still learning. The words are mine and not Jack's or Spyder's. Hopefully I am helping and not hurting.

The presentation was built in PowerPoint and exported as a Word document. If another form is desireable, let me know. I also included the original .png of the screen capture I used as an example.

Good learning.

MK

JHM Basics Review by MKTr vers1.doc

5aa70f86a875b_MK200912075ESSeqSFCExample.thumb.png.c2af5a9ff7be790bcf88e2daf5e3e09b.png

Greetings,

In an effort to contribute to the JHM community as so many others have, I have put together a summarry of the material I found most helpful since I started reading this thread. I may have made errors in the presentation or even still have errors in my understanding of some of the concepts, so view critically. In either case, your feedback is welcome. Please remember that this my humble attempt to present material I am still learning. The words are mine and not Jack's or Spyder's. Hopefully I am helping and not hurting.

The presentation was built in PowerPoint and exported as a Word document. If another form is desireable, let me know. I also included the original .png of the screen capture I used as an example.

Good learning.

MK

Hi. I have a couple of questions on your document.

On page 6 at the bottom on the left, I think the 2b of the faster fractal b2b2r2b gaussian of the B2B looks strange.

On page 3 the sine waves of P and V, I would move the volume sine wave a quarter to the left to reflect the volume peaks happening at the price peaks or middle point of two adjacent price peaks. That is how I see JH and others positioned the waves.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Merry Christmas!

SK0

SK0,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I messed up the phase of the price/volume sine waves. I fixed that. I stand by the faster fractal under B2B. Keep in mind it is just an example. I am sure there areas for improvement that remain.

Here is the corrected presentation. Please disregard the previous. The original .png sample drawing reamins good. (as good as I can produce)

MK

JHM Basics Review by MKTr vers1.1.doc

My work for 21 Dec 2009. Lots of small tapes. I am wondering if I was guilty of fractal jumping or if the volume was just low enough to cause tapes that looked this way.

Feedback is always welcome.

Merry Christmas.

MK

5aa70f86d2513_MK200912215ES.thumb.png.713eb6b49a66eb6ffcfa65f289da0c10.png

Hi Everyone,

ramora

I believe it's best to stick to the method as it was introduced by spydertrader. You could obviously trade any other time frame, but the settings he introduced seem to be the optimum.

Check this too:

I have the ability to determine continuation or change on any fractal annotated on my chart. I can trade using course level tools only (meaning just a 5 minute ES Chart), or I can bring 'finer level' tools into the equation (YM, Str - Squ, DOM and Tic Charts). I can 'jump' fractals, or choose not to do so maintaining fractal integrity across an entire day and / or multiple days, weeks, months or years.

I have [...] chosen to provide all the information ever required (contained within this very thread), so an individual who chooses to work purposefully, can, under their own power, learn to do that which I 'claim' can be done.

Edited by cnms2

SK0,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I messed up the phase of the price/volume sine waves. I fixed that. I stand by the faster fractal under B2B. Keep in mind it is just an example. I am sure there areas for improvement that remain.

Here is the corrected presentation. Please disregard the previous. The original .png sample drawing reamins good. (as good as I can produce)

MK

The attached chart shows my view of the faster fractal's gaussian moves during the channel overlap of a slower fractal which puzzled me for a long time.

Comments?

b2b2r2b.jpg.33b1d3e05ccd0b51aeba499eb5a1ab18.jpg

I think what MKTr has done is shown '4 volume moves and 3 price moves' for the fractal in that example. Step up a fractal in that same section, and you have one price move and 2 volume moves in his same example. Looks perfect on all fractals.

Step up a fractal in that same section, and you have one price move and 2 volume moves in his same example...

I cannot follow what you mean here. Could you expand? Thanks.