Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Live Indices Trades

Just you and me these days...

Even the Dow only traders seem to have disappeared

wondering if this am so far a bit of "pump and dump"

Hopefully people will reappear when the hols are over, although maybe we could try posting in the non-premium section?

No mate, I had to leave. My stop was set at 525 so -20.

I couldn't watch as the day unfolded as I had other things to attend to.

I came back to watch the chart last night and to be honest... bit gutted... had target limit orders set at 633 and would've all been triggered.

Yes you really nailed it it terms of direction and target...next time you will be banking the 150points !

Yes you really nailed it it terms of direction and target...next time you will be banking the 150points !

Let's hope so. It looks like the dip lower occurred on the news about crude though. So it would've been a re-entry. Still a shame.

I wonder if this is what all the whipsawing is about...This is a DAILY chart...and we have broken up and are now retracing back to the break...

before attempting 12000..

Also Phil this week is going to be my last on here...its not worth it for the 2 of us.. Seems to have tailed right off on the week I have been away...

In retrospect.. We would have been better all staying on the one thread on T2W that was amalgamated from the ftse-dax-Dow threads.... it seemed more of a community..

Disapointing... although everything seems to have a limited shelf life these days...

5aa70e7a3c514_DailyDow4.png.81d55aed4fbcd0c0b5c2207af6d397af.png

In retrospect.. We would have been better all staying on the one thread on T2W that was amalgamated from the ftse-dax-Dow threads.... it seemed more of a community..

Disapointing... although everything seems to have a limited shelf life these days...

We could always go back there and see what happens? T2W has ten times as many members.

I wonder if this is what all the whipsawing is about...This is a DAILY chart...and we have broken up and are now retracing back to the break...

before attempting 12000..

Also Phil this week is going to be my last on here...its not worth it for the 2 of us.. Seems to have tailed right off on the week I have been away...

Everyone is free to do as they wish, but no one is obliged to post here each and every day. We all take breaks, trading can be an intense and stressful performance.

Next to that, it's summertime, a lot of people are taking breaks or are on holiday. I'm sure things will become more active once more people come aboard. For the record, I count 6 different people who posted this week. Indeed, Phil and yourself are pretty much above everybody else in terms of post count... but not everybody makes that much trades per day. I used to make one or two each day, but since this summer the number of highly probability trades have dropped a bit and I've been trading more cautiously, taking two or three trades per week.

If one wants more company, there's always the chat room where one can post your live trades in the company of others.

We could always go back there and see what happens? T2W has ten times as many members.

And how many of them are actually traders? Btw, there has only been one post in the private trading board since I left T2W in April. Afaik, everybody moved over to here. And I remember vividly that a lot of members of the live trading community over at T2W preferred to have a smaller group of contributors than a huge number of lurkers. This doesn't mean that everybody keeps posting live trades, it's logical to assume that not everybody has the same degree of success in trading as you guys perhaps do.

For sure if one does not feel comfortable posting his live trades then I'm in no position to force him to do so. A lot of people have been contributing and a lot of people have been posting live trades, some are more active then others. That's the nature of trading. We can't all be scalpers :)

Good trading to everybody.

PS: There has also been decent activity in the thread 'Live FX Trades' and 'Trade Discussion and Analysis".

Edited by firewalker

Remember why we came here guys. Freedom to talk shop without the idiots at T2W, plus boards full of trading talk instead of spam and people looking for arguments.

Half the members are holidaying and there are some still who are posting on the main boards. Plus of course firewalker has forgotten how to trade so he's not posting much! :rofl:

Once the onslaught of rain and school terms start again, the board will come alive once more imo and lets be honest, T2W may have 150'000 members but at the end of the day, all but about 5 of them are shit!

Hi Guys,

Unbelievable dollar strength this morning, commodities selling off, chf, euro and jpy weak, why are the futures not rallying?

Whats going on?

Started yesterday and yet the markets sold off all day...

Higher lows on YM at 100 200 and 400...target 800?

Also the double top at 670 has not followed through unless we make a lower high next week. I just see this as strength all round for the indices unless ofcourse the correlations have somehow been askewed???

Just dropping in to say hi. Done for the week and on my way for mojitos after an interesting week.

Currently 80% of my focus has been on the Nikkei. Its quite interesting how shifting your focus on one market takes your focus away from another. Though I still like the ES due to its liquidity, I am slowly moving away to trading the Asian markets only.

Heres my analysis for today for those that have missed it: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f2/es-nikkei-analysis-august-8-2008-a-4281.html

Ive been trying to get involved here posting live trades but i have found it close to impossible to keep up while trading. Might be easier if traders can upload order statements directly but could also be a privacy concern.

Excellent trade by the looks of it! Well done smbtnt!

exit sucks...again!

but expected another reaction at 430 which duly came, should have held out for 400 n'est pas!

Hi Guys,

Unbelievable dollar strength this morning, commodities selling off, chf, euro and jpy weak, why are the futures not rallying?

Whats going on?

Started yesterday and yet the markets sold off all day...

Higher lows on YM at 100 200 and 400...target 800?

Also the double top at 670 has not followed through unless we make a lower high next week. I just see this as strength all round for the indices unless ofcourse the correlations have somehow been askewed???

lesson learnt, she came intraday.....

Shorting opportunity soon, methinks.

cahoonas to short this Phil.....

I know this is hindsight now, but I couldn't see any short opportunities arise. Obviously Phil is right, if you aim for 10 points or so, there's always the chance, but the pure strength that pushed is higher at the open was amazing. I just couldn't see price reversing that day.

Been a while since I did these, but here's my view:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/44709-post327.html