Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Live Indices Trades

:confused:

Ok, well I trade to make money and increase my wealth. I don't trade just as a hobby or something to kill time during the day. It's obvious by that comment that this is more of a hobby to you.

I've never heard anyone tell me that expecting to get wealthy from trading the market is 'one of the biggest mistakes'... That's just crazy IMO, but again, this is my job and how I create wealth for me and my family.

If this is just a hobby, then yes, just surviving is the ultimate goal.

No, this isn't a 'job' for me (never said it was) but my intention is also to make money and increase my wealth. That doesn't mean I expect to get rich, quickly or otherwise, which is probably what tempts the majority of people into trading, usually starting with FX or spread bets offering crazy leverage.

If you survive that stage, you can be more realistic and concentrate on making a few points a day. All IMO, DYOR, etc, ono.

in hindsight but that 15.35 bar showed amazing volume fw, surely we are nearing the bottom now as opposed to a breakout?

ehm... I am reading this is a break and a retracement back...

Hence my shorting at 490 (too early) and at 510 (looking good)...

Notice also how volume dried up as we went from 480 to 510.

ehm... I am reading this is a break and a retracement back...

Hence my shorting at 490 (too early) and at 510 (looking good)...

Notice also how volume dried up as we went from 480 to 510.

well read, no need for me to take a trade for the sake of, its smoothly moving down, obviously missed the boat so am not going to push it...