Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

marketguy

JPJTrading. Any thoughts?

I have been to all three rooms also and paid for JPJtrading one month.

Guys, this is my last piece of advice, none of the method can be profitable by themselves, you need something else. If you read Glenbeee's previous post on Nasdaq Futures, he likes something only if it fits into his "jigsaw puzzle".

Done.

I have come up with my own methods by staring at a MP chart, Glenbee has also. And so can you. Bottomline, these trading room guys are nothing special.

He is quite hyper when in a trade so don't be put off by the noise.

As a matter of fact, he acts like a jerk most of the time. According to him , there is a chatroom consists of his former students who enjoy bashing him all day long. The room is called "Rock" or something and is not on Paltalk. I couldn't find it. If anyone who knows where it is, please PM me because I would like to join.

Thanks

Come on, you're better than that, act like it.

As a matter of fact, he acts like a jerk most of the time. According to him , there is a chatroom consists of his former students who enjoy bashing him all day long. The room is called "Rock" or something and is not on Paltalk. I couldn't find it. If anyone who knows where it is, please PM me because I would like to join.

Thanks

Come on, you're better than that, act like it.

JP calls anyone who uses Fibonacci, Elliot Waves, Macd, CCi...etc," Idiots who uses Sliderules". I graduated from a top enigeering school,so I guess I qualify.

You are a member of Traders Laboratory, then I guess you qualify too.

Seriously, JP said these people at this room uses fancy softwares, so I don't mind sharing trading ideas with some probably very smart people and have a ball at the same time. So please PM me if you know where it is.

I have stayed of this thread because it became pissing contest, between OAC and few other who are trying to answer questions asked here.

JP training...

JP offers training 2-3 times /year and can be broken down into 3 phases.

Free week: Each training session starts with free week of access to the trading room. During that week JP and others trade and post trades, but there is no explanation or training provided. You can still get a feel about the trades though and decide if this is for you or not.

Training: It lasts 3 months ( not one like it was mentioned before). During this period, you will get some reading material, but most of the training is done by listening comments during and after trades. You are free to ask any question and encourage to do so. Either JP or any of the older members will answer them. Setups are not difficult to understand and one can take notes, because at this point you will not have access to detailed description of the setups. Occasionally, JP will have 1-2 hours of discussion after market close to answer any question related to trading. If at any point you change your mind, or decide that JP style of trading is not to your liking, you can drop the membership and be charge only for the time used.

Phase 3: After 3 months ( or as soon as you pay 3 monthly fees) you become life time member of the JP chat room. With that you gain access to more docs on setups and few tools that are shared/created by members.

My sole intention is to present a balanced view for a newbie reading this thread, not neccessary my point of view. JPJtrading has a free trial week and you can find out for yourself and they DO have a website. I said this thread is closed.

If you guys want to keep it up. There is more dirts to follow I can assure you that

My sole intention is to present a balanced view for a newbie reading this thread, not necessary my point of view. JPJtrading has a free trial week and you can find out for yourself and they DO have a website. I said this thread is closed.

If you guys want to keep it up. There is more dirts to follow I can assure you that

Hi OAK;

I have come across these market profile setups. (attached file).

Are these the setups that jpj trading teaches?

cheers.

Unicorn.

Market Profile Trading Methods trading-naked.com.doc

Hi OAK;

cheers.

Unicorn.

Are you trying to get me in trouble ? ;) Like the trap they set up for O.J. Simpson ?

When you talk about POC, VAL, VAH, there is bound to be similalities, but the general answer is a no.

It looks more like Hubert Senter's stuff, you know the partner of John Carter ?

Can you start a new thread next time ? To tell you the truth I am pretty tired of this one.

unicorn, thanks for the MP setups. I'm a complete newbie at the Market Profile approach, so this was very valuable information--gives me a framework for understanding how to look analytically at an MP chart. Excellent job!

Tasuki:

You have to give me the credit first. I recommended trading-naked.com before he did:

Actually, I recommended it before you in "Trading with Market Statistics:I. [thread=1962]Check here[/thread]

In any case it's a very useful site, although most of the stuff on Market Profile is only of historical interest.

Actually, I recommended it before you in "Trading with Market Statistics:I. [thread=1962]Check here[/thread]

In any case it's a very useful site, although most of the stuff on Market Profile is only of historical interest.

Wow, finally somebody appears to be on my side.

No matter the truth will prevail, I can take all of you guys single-handed.

Have you ever seen the old Bruce Lee movies ?

Hi OAK;

cheers.

Unicorn.

I was wondering if alleyb could give his opinion on those rules/methods from Trading naked.

Many Regards and all the best of the season to all,

email

I apologise I never got around to replying to the setups referred to above. The setups originally appeared on CQG's website back in the early 1990s are and were the result of extrapolating the information from Dalton's Mind over Markets and Pete Steidlmayer's various books neither of whom give genuine trading setups and triggers and neither of whom give exit strategies. The strategies mentioned are standard, in that I mean a good place to start and if followed likely to produce consistent positive results. What they don't tell you is the exit strategy nor the risk management that is so necessary for long term success

I could elaborate further on JPJ trading in that I am aware of his style and teachings and I have great respect for the gentleman but feel that it would be wrong to comment more than that yes in essence his teaching follows those style of strategies mentioned.

Each decade has its own market characteristics. I’ve, therefore had to make many adjustments in my trading style and approach over the years. Moreover, in order to continue trading successfully I’ll have to continue to adjust since market change is ongoing and inevitable. The ability to adjust comes from thinking for myself. In other words, using sound market logic rather than following formulae by rote or automatically accepting the conclusions of others.

You can’t respond mechanically and expect to succeed on a regular basis.

In other words, while you might be able to beat the standard probabilities in the short run, but the odds in favor of that happening in the long run are infinitesimal. There is a reasonable chance, for example, that a coin tossed in the air five times might land heads up five times in a row. However, as you increase the sample size and toss the same coin 1,000 times, the probability is that the nickel will land heads up closer to 50% of the time, not 100% as it did in the smaller sample.

By developing a logical approach, it is possible to identify data parameters that work 60 times out of 100 – sometimes 90 times out of 100. The key to using these parameters effectively is thinking about the conditions in which they will succeed. You can separate the winning situations from the losers more often than not when you don’t react automatically. By way of explanation, the characteristics that classify daily market activity – Normal, Trend and Non-Trend – are defined data parameters. Once you recognize the characteristics of a Trend Day, for instance, the appropriate response is to go with the market. This strategy won’t work on normal days because normal day’s activity creates a different kind of opportunity which requires a different approach or response.

Consistent performance depends on LOGICAL DEDUCTION –

About WHAT is ACTUALLY happening in front of you on the screen. That’s why the only effective tools in today’s uncertain investment climate, in my opinion, are those that DON’T treat all process and opportunities as equal or alike. To evaluate the situation developing in front of you on the screen realistically, you need experience gained in the marketplace and tools that DON’T rely on happenstance.

I have no wish to advertise here but as someone else has posted the link I will confirm it as being correct. My website is a Membership site and full details are available via the site.

On another note I hear JPJ is a little under the weather right now and when I aksed whether it was just a cold or something more serious I received an ambiguous answer so hopefully the old fellah is doing ok

Alex,

Your name came up in the room today and several people said some really positive things about you. Fun synchonicity.

It appears JP has walking pneumonia. He's been struggling for a while. BTW, for anyone interested in this thread. I joined JP's room April 1. It has been an amazingly positive experience. I am learning so much, not only from JP, but from other really good traders in the room. And it's only the beginning.

Bryan

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Topics

• Date : 12th December 2019. Lagarde prepares ECB debut – 12th December 2019.   Policy unchanged Projections unlikely to change much Clues about review sought Style in focus Presiding over her first presser of the European Central Bank today, Lagarde is expected to confirm once again the current policy setting, giving time to ECB to focus on the planned review of its overall policy framework.Final Eurozone GDP and PMI readings broadly supported this neutral picture, while the confidence that a deep recession can be avoided is strengthening (Figure 1) despite the fact that German manufacturing and production numbers still look weak. The exports and the overall trade are actually holding up much better than expected, which together with still strong labour markets is underpinning hopes the net exports and consumption will continue to support growth not just in Germany.Figure 1 : December German ZEW investor confidence outcome, end the year firmly in positive territory at the highest level since February 2018.As there is nothing in the data really to challenge the ECB’s overall policy stance, the focus firstly turns into the tone and presentation style that President Lagarde will have. The “risk” is that the presser will be equally uneventful as her testimony before the European Parliament. Lagarde’s team building exercise seems to have worked and at least in public there has been a pretty consistent message since she took over, which is very likely to be confirmed today. Additionally it will be interesting to see whether she will back fully Draghi’s package.Citi Bank: All key interest rates will likely be left unchanged, and the forward guidance reaffirmed. The main interest at this meeting will be the new Eurosystem staff projections, extended to 2022, to gauge whether the September package will be sufficient to bring inflation back into line with the ECB’s target over the forecast horizon. If not, investors’ attention will quickly turn to the ECB’s toolbox and what instruments the Governing Council would be willing to use and when, in order to defend its credibility in the absence of large fiscal support. The upcoming strategic review of monetary policy will also likely be the focus of many questions.Hence as reported by Citi, other than Lagarde’s style, ECB projections could also monopolize the attention. Even though, the ECB remains ready to act again and tweak all its measures if necessary, it has already done a lot and now needs to keep an eye on the side effects of the very expansionary monetary policy, while politicians need to do their bit to support the economy.The central bank won’t be reducing the degree of stimulus any time soon with many analysts supporting that this will continue until mid-2020 unless there is a major change in circumstance.Central bankers will be conducting a comprehensive review of the policy framework, however, with a special focus on the inflation target. A more symmetric definition, which stresses that the ECB can see through lengthy inflation overshoots as well as periods of too low headline rates is likely to come in the first quarter of next year. The inclusion of owner-occupied housing costs into the HICP number also remains a challenge especially as house prices are rising rapidly in some centres, also thanks to the low interest rate environment.Bund yields have nudged higher over the past week, but the German 10-year so far failed to move lastingly above -0.3%. Uncertainty on trade and Brexit are keeping a lid on yields, although there is the risk that if things go the way markets want and a phase one trade deal is confirmed and in the UK PM Johnson gets his majority, there could be a sharp rise in yields, if markets price out further easing and start to look ahead to central banks removing some of the stimulus.However this is far away for now, while central bankers are not looking eager to add further easing.Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business.Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report.Click HERE to access the full HotForex Economic calendar.Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE!Click HERE to READ more Market news. Andria Pichidi Market Analyst HotForex Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.
    • USDJPY Remains Biased To The Downside   USDJPY faces further price weakness despite its price hesitation on Tuesday. On the upside, resistance comes in at 109.00 level. Above this level will turn attention to the 109.50 level. Further out, we expect a possible move towards the 110.00 level on a break of that area, A cut through here will open the door for more gain towards the 110.50. On the downside, support lies at the 108.00 level where a break will target the 107.50 level. Below that level will turn focus to the 107.00 level and then lower towards the 106.50 level. On the whole, USDJPY faces further downside threats.        
    • Sterling Advances Barely Hours To UK Elections As Latest Poll Predicts Conservatives Win In just two days from now, a major event that will set the trend for the currency market for the year 2020, the UK elections will be held. In the face of a Brexit extension, UK prime minister had pushed for an earlier election in the hopes of having a majority conservatives win in the parliament which will make the Brexit deal pass through easily. As the clock ticks, with barely less than 48 hours to this epochal event, the newest poll by Survation conducted for ITV’s good morning Britain show predicts a Boris Johnson win by 14 pts. ahead of Jeremy Corbyn‘s Labour party. The Brexit deal seemed to give the conservatives an edge as it accounted for 32% of the vote decision while NHS gave Labour party a slight edge. On the overall, a majority vote of 42% was predicted for the conservatives while Labour had 28%. Market Reaction as the Clock Ticks Optimism looms in the market as the prediction of a conservatives win will ease Britain’s exit from Europe by January 31 deadline. The EUR/GBP pair continued to fall till the early hours of today breaking the 0.8411 trend line targeting the 0.8149 resistance level. GBP/USD pair rebounded to consolidate briefly targeting 1.3381 resistance levels. Technical analysis within a 4-hour MACD shows that both pairs may likely touch down. CAD edged slightly higher advanced by USMCA news but yet to consolidate gains. The USD against a basket of five major currencies held steady awaiting FOMC’s minutes due out tomorrow. Against a basket of currencies, NZD’s dominance is the highest. Sterling also gained momentum firmed up by approaching UK elections. The safe-haven, the Japanese yen, and Swiss franc remain pressured as major events that will shape the market for 2020 are been anticipated. On the Asia side, significant market activity wasn’t recorded as most currency pairs held steady within a day’s range. In the Asian stock market, not so much activity was recorded being weakened by recently released Chinese PMI numbers. Most of the indexes closed a little lower while US stocks rose swiftly after Friday’s release of US non-farm payroll reports. The outcome of the December 15 deadline set by the US for the signing of a preliminary trade pact will determine the week’s direction and even further into the year 2020. Also due out later in the week is UK GDP figures and ZEW released out of Germany.
    • Date : 11th December 2019. FOMC Preview – 11th December 2019. FOMC Preview No policy changes or surprises are expected with today’s announcement (19:00 GMT) and Chair Powell’s press conference 30 minutes later. It will be interesting to see if, as expected, the voting is unanimous this time round. The FOMC members have expressed significant differences of opinion during 2019 as three rate cuts were implemented.  The apparent paradox of low unemployment and low inflation, the new “norm”. The two-digit unemployment rate (U-3) in November edged down to 3.53% from 3.56% in October, and a 3.52% cycle-low in September, all below the 3.58% prior cycle-low in April and a 4.00% rate at the beginning of the year. Current readings remain much lower than the 4.2% long-run unemployment rate projection noted in the September SEP, it is expected that this estimate will be trimmed today. Headline CPI rose 0.4% in October while the core index rose by 0.2%, for respective y/y gains of 1.8% and 2.3%, versus September figures of 1.7% and 2.4%. Today the November headline is expected to fall again to 0.2% and the core remains flat at 0.2% too. The Fed’s favoured inflation gauge, the PCE chain price measure, rose 1.3% y/y in October and expectations are for an uptick to 1.4% in November. The core PCE chain price measure rose 1.6% y/y in November, versus 1.7% in September, and expectations are for the pace to hold at 1.6% in November. The FOMC’s latest median estimates for 2019 inflation are 1.5% for the headline and 1.8% for the core. Hence, the focus will be on the Fed’s new quarterly forecasts, with expectations raised and likely to be mostly bullish results with a bump up in the median growth projection and a drop in the median dot to reflect a steady stance through 2020. However, the individual dots are likely to show both, forecasts for cuts and hikes. Chair Powell is expected to reiterate the US economy and policy are in a “good place,” (a phrase he has used a number of times lately) and could sound a little more upbeat after the strong jobs report. But, he will continue to warn of downside risks. The FOMC isn’t likely to announce any new measures on reserve management operations (QE?) or a repo facility. All steady into 2020 and beyond. USDIndex remains biased to the down side but has support around 97.40 and the 200-day moving average. A breach of this key support zone brings in 97.00 and the October low of 96.85. A break over 97.80 (the confluence of the 20 and 50-day moving averages) and 98.00 would be required before a re-test of the recent high at 98.50 could be considered. Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business. Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report. Click HERE to access the full HotForex Economic calendar. Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE! Click HERE to READ more Market news. Stuart Cowell Head Market Analyst HotForex Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.