Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

What Would You Be Doing if You Were Not a Trader ?

Trading part time ? what else do you do ?

If you had never gotten into trading what do you think you would be doing ?

I had a business selling Automotive diagnostic equipment. I had that for about 15 years and did quite well. I sold the business in 2005 ( 55 yo ) and retired, or so I thought. Since my wife had not retired and has no plans on doing so in the forseeable future, I soon found myself bored out of my mind. It was about this time I discovered trading. I fell into it head first, with out a great deal of success at first. I kept at it and now enjoy moderate success.

If I had not discovered trading I probably would find myself in the Marine Industry. I hold a 100 ton Masters License, with sail and towing endorsements. I also am a certified "Master Diver". I would probably be in business doing yacht deliveries, boat surveying, and some light underwater salvage and recovery.

How about you ?

I am not a full time trader. My day job is translations. I love to learn new languages and i currently speak 5. So, probably, without forex i'd have a time to learn one more:roll eyes:

My wife and I acquired a new friend while attending Spanish classes. A young Lady born in Kazakhstan speaks kazakhstani, Russian, German, Korean, English (flawless I might add) and now Spanish.

How does that joke go, "Show me someone who only speaks one language ans I'll show you an American".

Edited by Mysticforex

If not trader then don't know what would happen. I love to trade because my broker have taught me lots of thing. I was just a beginner started with demo account with LMFX and then slowly and steadily started making some profit. 

It is important that you are motivated to invest time, money and effort in forex trading. Most traders with full-time jobs can only trade forex for a few hours, but how to make the most of that time is up to the individual.

On 3/10/2022 at 9:46 PM, CrazyCzarina said:

It is important that you are motivated to invest time, money and effort in forex trading. Most traders with full-time jobs can only trade forex for a few hours, but how to make the most of that time is up to the individual.

I trade forex part-time on Hotforex MT4 I really like major pairs because of low spreads, scalping is fun that helps you to feel market. Though there is a lot of of noise especially during high volatility so I avoid trading during times when prices move in crazy fashion. 

On 7/22/2015 at 9:21 PM, SurtiTrader said:

I am a teacher by the profession. I trade with Forex to earn some extra income.

I am sure you might be teaching forex skills to the students now.