Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Market Profile Are you a market profile trader? Post here.

Like Tree3Likes
Old 04-22-2008, 04:59 PM   #1

Ignore this user

Market Profile Trading Room?

Does anyone know of a live trading room that uses Market Profile? The only one I've heard of is Profile Traders. I'd appreciate hearing if there are there any others. Thanks.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
Hlm

Ignore this user

Re: Market Profile Trading Room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dah7 »
Does anyone know of a live trading room that uses Market Profile? The only one I've heard of is Profile Traders. I'd appreciate hearing if there are there any others. Thanks.
First of all, it depends on what you mean by "Market Profile". There are different degrees of how strictly one trades MP theory and what other information they bring to the table. Also, do you want to focus on TPO or Volume MP? There is a large amount of information out there pertaining to MP if one just searches (forums, books, etc). I would be very hesitant to sign up for a service to learn MP without first studying as much as you can on your own first. This will allow you to choose an educational service that best fits your personality and needs. What is your current knowledge with MP and trading in general?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hlm For This Useful Post:
dah7 (04-23-2008), hanz (08-17-2008)
Old 04-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #3
forsearch

Ignore this user

ioamt.com is one that comes to mind.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
dah7 (04-23-2008)
Old 04-22-2008, 09:03 PM   #4
Hlm

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsearch »
ioamt.com is one that comes to mind.
Funny that you mention this. I was over at Brett Steenbarger's weblog TraderFeed (in my opinion the best blog out there on trader psychology) and just saw his post today about a free webinar on Thursday hosted by IOAMT. Of course you have to sign up for a "free five-day trial membership". I just thought I would pass that along.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hlm For This Useful Post:
dah7 (04-23-2008)
Old 04-22-2008, 10:05 PM   #5

Ignore this user

jpjtrading.com
The Following User Says Thank You to bh_trade For This Useful Post:
dah7 (04-23-2008)
Old 04-23-2008, 12:22 PM   #6

Ignore this user

Smile Re: Market Profile Trading Room?

Balancetrader of Frank Butera has a website comprising of video educational lessons on MP and stategies and application going with it along with a chat room where he discuss current setups and ideas.

As I am a member of his course, I can say that his videos are great and a great learning experience for anyone interested in market profle.

Also, reading both books by Dalton of Minds over Markerts and Markets in Profiles can help you a lot in your understanding of how market profile works

Please remember that MP does not give you a stategy per se but is one of the best tool to give you a perfect map of the interactions of different timeframes implications in any two way auctions process. I do think that it helps a lot in understanding the interaction of supply and demand forces present in a everchanging market.

Sincerely

Shreem
Old 03-29-2009, 07:31 AM   #7

Ignore this user

JPJ is the best JP is a great trader
Old 03-31-2009, 01:13 AM   #8

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by dah7 »
i've never visited it, but Reza runs the room you mentioned: profiletraders.com. He also posts his trades in a daily blog. somewhere on the site it mentions using a 2.25 max stop, but just a quick look at today's blog shows adding a third unit to a position that already had 4pts heat. maybe he has changed his thresholds and just hasn't updated the site.

many have mentioned JP and i have been a member of JP's room off and on for a while. I too recommend checking it out. next time he has a free trial, sign up and give it a whirl. I like JP a lot and think he's a stand up guy trying to do the right thing.

hope this helps

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: