Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

dah7

Market Profile Trading Room?

I had been too busy trading, but here is my conclusion after a year in Trading Room Jungle:

Most Trading Rooms Are Scams. Good Trader Does Not Need Headache or Liability of The Trading Room. I had been subscriber /visitor to 50+: most are clear junk, and you can see that immediately. Some: like ProfileTraders may take few weeks or so. So here are my opinion on few last ones:

1. Profiletraders and Huddy-Traders: Both Are Junk ( will skip word S above to be Proper): Reza in PT spends most of his time cursing Obama, trades 1 contract ( lol: who can make living on1 ct: and most of his trades are losers). He always blames his crappy trades on Market and Obama. Huddy takes 2 ticks a trade...at the best…

2. Eminitrading school: JUNK: The only good thing is Giles Sweetness: initally seems impressive: after 2-3 visits: These guys make living on Membership: not trading

3. Eminijunkie: Crappiest Room Ever..Clearly takes advantage of newbies: Fibs will become a Curse if you would pay attention to this guy..I lasted 15 min: made me nauseous.

4. MarketDelta: Worst software in Trading: Period. Only 1 person in tech support for entire US>had been member to 3 rooms associated with it:

5: l2ST: if you like to witness trades marked after the fact ( lol: anyone can do it): then this is room for u...after becoming a member and witnessing only 15-20 members became clear..Kam is not a Good Trader and Has No Business BSing . Also, changing inidcators weekly: what does that tell you?

6. Insitute for Auction Market Theory: I tried for 3 days and lasted 15 min each day: company of someone who sounds like angry 80+yr old who is cursing every 30 sec and taking constant losses during that time: was not for me.

7. Order Flow Analytics: NAP TIME...what a..: George pretends to be This Such A Special Room: It Aint..

8. PureTick: Enjoyed Alex's company....but taking 10+ trades a day is not my thing: although, They contacted me and stated that he made changes to his method.

9. FibQueen: Honest Woman. who talks about hangover in her Sat. webinar: great method, but you can do better after readin her book and trading on your own.

10. Mark Braun: nicest and most helpful guy, trade same method as Fib Queen. but you get much more personal attention: I found that he uses way to many instruments and charts.

11. TradeThe Markets: how can you trust someone if you can't see their charts??? and Clayburg is Pathetic: his system was one of the first things I bought in trading: Old Scammer

12. Millenium traders: JT is sweet and cute..at time may make good trades, but o long term basis: traidng 1 min candles//pretty dangerous: again 10+ trades a day..

13. Juggernauttraders: Sad Place…

These are few that come to mind at the moment: feel free to ask and I will let you know if I had been to whatever room you are enquiring about.

Here is My Advise: Remove All Indies and Stare At The Chart: You Will be Amazed How Much You Can Notice once all the background noise and indies are gone. Also: please, stay away from Tick Charts: I learned that most succesful traders take 1-2 trades a day, and they do not trade tick charts..

I personally would love to hear about decent room: I am a consistent trader, but since trading is such an asocial sport: would love to join a Honest and Good Trading Room...If there is one..Pleeeeeez, Prove Me Wrong!

Junk? I have experienced several of the rooms commented on, but your judgment

of Huddy is off base.. All his trades are posted...losers and winners...and he does far better than 2 ticks as you say. Huddy has a lot of novice traders, so the trades he calls

will have less heat, and he get's safe or break even asap. Sometimes too quickly...but if

you listen to him, and follow his advice, you will not blow your account out. He does teach some things very well IMO and there is no over trading in his very inexpensive room.

I monitor the room mainly for the company...trading is so isolating.

Your other comments are mostly in line with my experiences...for the ones I checked out.

Koifan

MD is an invaluable tool if used correctly, yes it can be confusing at first but what they offer is great. I have always had quick and helpful responses to any problem (most always my fault) from any number of people at MD or Chad at linnsoft.

Chris

MD is an invaluable tool if used correctly, yes it can be confusing at first but what they offer is great. I have always had quick and helpful responses to any problem (most always my fault) from any number of people at MD or Chad at linnsoft.

Chris

I second this. MD / IRT solid software. Laguna is ranting about rooms but he bashes software... Doesn't make any sense.

4. MarketDelta: Worst software in Trading: Period. Only 1 person in tech support for entire US>had been member to 3 rooms associated with it:

6. Insitute for Auction Market Theory: I tried for 3 days and lasted 15 min each day: company of someone who sounds like angry 80+yr old who is cursing every 30 sec and taking constant losses during that time: was not for me.

Laguana,

Just wanted to make comment about your post .

Market Delta is a great program when you take the time to learn it , i have come across many high end traders that are using it and i personally find it a very valuable tool .

Secondly your comments about The Institute of auction market theory are so misinformed you are doing readers of this forum a disservice , i note you have based your opinion on two 15 mins sessions within the room and since i have spent the last 6 months in that room i feel a lot more qualified to comment than you are .

The Angry 80 year old you refer to is a Gentlmen far younger than that and he is Bill Duryea , in my time in the room i have found Bill to be a absolute wealth of information and the lengths that Bill goes to to teach students in the room really does amaze me and which the quality of information taught really does lift your trading skills to another level .

I have met a number of successful traders in the room and everyone have said that there skills have reached new levels since joining the IOAMT room , and i personally have learnt so much from not only Bill , but from many other traders within that room .

I find Bill to be a straight shooter and who is someone that goes out of his way to help people that are willing to help themselves ,i have not seen anything to give any sort of credit to your comments and i really think if you spent a reasonable amount of time within the room you too would be not only a better trader but you would also be posting a apology within this thread as well for your comments .

I would highly recommend you spending a month in Bills room and then review your trading skills and your comments , i believe that will prove you wrong !

And for what it is worth my training has been with both the IOAMT and the tradingclinic and i could not be happier with my results from both of Bill Duryea and Alex Benjamin

All the best

Mark

Mark,

Clearly it is A Reply From MD rep: after all it is Your First Post...I know at lest 30+ traders who tried MD and Bill's room..and feel the same..I would encourage all who visiting this post to test Both MD and Bill's room and post comments...To Save $$$ and Grief to Newbies. Blessings, Laguna

Mark,

Clearly it is A Reply From MD rep: after all it is Your First Post...I know at lest 30+ traders who tried MD and Bill's room..and feel the same..I would encourage all who visiting this post to test Both MD and Bill's room and post comments...To Save $$$ and Grief to Newbies. Blessings, Laguna

Laguna,

yet again you are wrong , i do not work for md or anyone else for that matter with any ties to the trading industry .. it is a shame you did not bother to actually listen to what i was saying .

if your information in this thread is representation of the quality of information in this forum , this will be my 2nd and last post .

The amount of posts one makes in a forum does not determine whether the information is true or not , you are a classic example of that .

Mark

I have had some expeirence with MD and it has been all positive. I did not take the time to learn it and apply it, but I know several people that use it to confirm or filter out their signals and increase their win rate by 20%. I have not tried their live room, but I think I might give it a look after hearing from Mark E and Laguna.

Thanks

LOl: regarding MD: Exactly My Point : No Independend Positive Comments about MD..I ahve Nothing To Gain, But To Save Pain and Money To Newbies.

I had read Al Brooks book and visited his room: extreme scalping is not my thing. I agree with the fact, that he states in his book, that " Those who teach: cant make living trading, and those who make living trading: stay quiet"..A bit of a contradiction? I must say: his book is the most extensive techinical analysis I have ever seen, and I had read quite a few books on trading.

I learned that in trading, just like in anything: what works for someone may not work for me.

I take 1-3 trades a day with 1-8 points targets depending on market volatility with nothing but Naked Charts+ Fibs. Fibs Work For Me. I do not trade tick charts. I believe in 5min and longer and look for Coinfluence on all levels, while rocking Pandora..Most the I learned in trading is from a good friend, who warned me not to waste money on trading rooms: I did not listen..

Would love to join community of succesful traders, who chat and hang out together without scamming others.

Best,

L

Does anyone know of a live trading room that uses Market Profile? The only one I've heard of is Profile Traders. I'd appreciate hearing if there are there any others. Thanks.

Yes, thetradingzone.com

I second this. MD / IRT solid software. Laguna is ranting about rooms but he bashes software... Doesn't make any sense.

I am only making a point that Fin-Alg supplies all the same as MD but what u pay per life time, is what u pay for MD per month.

Ninja+ Fin-Alg is Million Times Better than MD.

I did tried L2st ( what the heck is that stands for: anyone knows?) anyone can post trades after the fact: I had been to his room for 3 months.Know 5 people: all left, and all lost money there.

Key point: if room has less than 20 members: CAUTION: especially if room had been open FOREVER.

Looked at ESPirates room : very quiet, but basic and educational, if you choose to learn and ask questions.

Laguana,

Just wanted to make comment about your post .

Market Delta is a great program when you take the time to learn it , i have come across many high end traders that are using it and i personally find it a very valuable tool .

Secondly your comments about The Institute of auction market theory are so misinformed you are doing readers of this forum a disservice , i note you have based your opinion on two 15 mins sessions within the room and since i have spent the last 6 months in that room i feel a lot more qualified to comment than you are .

The Angry 80 year old you refer to is a Gentlmen far younger than that and he is Bill Duryea , in my time in the room i have found Bill to be a absolute wealth of information and the lengths that Bill goes to to teach students in the room really does amaze me and which the quality of information taught really does lift your trading skills to another level .

I have met a number of successful traders in the room and everyone have said that there skills have reached new levels since joining the IOAMT room , and i personally have learnt so much from not only Bill , but from many other traders within that room .

I find Bill to be a straight shooter and who is someone that goes out of his way to help people that are willing to help themselves ,i have not seen anything to give any sort of credit to your comments and i really think if you spent a reasonable amount of time within the room you too would be not only a better trader but you would also be posting a apology within this thread as well for your comments .

I would highly recommend you spending a month in Bills room and then review your trading skills and your comments , i believe that will prove you wrong !

And for what it is worth my training has been with both the IOAMT and the tradingclinic and i could not be happier with my results from both of Bill Duryea and Alex Benjamin

All the best

Mark

Funny, but when i read Laguna's comment on IOAMT, I chuckled because I did spend a month there back in 2008 and Laguna was spot on. Bill would take trades and add to losers and fade away off mic cursing his head off. At the time I believe he was trading spyders. I mused that he traded spyders because he didn't want the added risk of trading the minimum size of an Emini contract.

With all his experience etc, he was asking me about my entries. That was really funny since I had been trading futures for about 4-6 weeks at the time and he was asking me. I was generally, opposite to his trades, and he was losing. Not on purpose, but by coincidence. I chalked it up to experience and never took the bit again after that month.

Oh, one time he also took a trade because he read about something that happens at the end of the month. Something to do with mutual fund managers buying at the beginning of the month because of the inflow of capital. He read it, believed it, and did it, and got crushed. It was hysterical and I also lost all respect for him as a trader for trying something so stupid.

Unfortunately, my info is dated so i really do not know if he trades differently these days.

If he helped you get to a new level and are a guy who needs help to get to the next level, then IOAMT served its purpose for you.

Regards,

MM

MM,

thank you for your non-bias honesty regarding IOAMT: I have nothing to gain by vsharing my opnion, but only to help others to save their time and money.

For advanced traders only: if you are interested in trading 15min candles with very strong lines, but have no entries, stops or targets, called you may want to check out Home Again: it is not for those who expect trades called. And yes, he does offer trial, and will answer any questions. I had enjoyed my experience as it is very straight forward Support/Resistance/Trend+ CandleSticks set ups, which is what works for me.

MM,

thank you for your non-bias honesty regarding IOAMT: I have nothing to gain by vsharing my opnion, but only to help others to save their time and money.

For advanced traders only: if you are interested in trading 15min candles with very strong lines, but have no entries, stops or targets, called you may want to check out Home Again: it is not for those who expect trades called. And yes, he does offer trial, and will answer any questions. I had enjoyed my experience as it is very straight forward Support/Resistance/Trend+ CandleSticks set ups, which is what works for me.

My opinion is, of course, biased. But, it does concur with what you said about the room.

Junk? I have experienced several of the rooms commented on, but your judgment

of Huddy is off base.. All his trades are posted...losers and winners...and he does far better than 2 ticks as you say. Huddy has a lot of novice traders, so the trades he calls

will have less heat, and he get's safe or break even asap. Sometimes too quickly...but if

you listen to him, and follow his advice, you will not blow your account out. He does teach some things very well IMO and there is no over trading in his very inexpensive room.

I monitor the room mainly for the company...trading is so isolating.

Your other comments are mostly in line with my experiences...for the ones I checked out.

Koifan

@Koifan, sorry to spill your enthuasm but Huddy is NO WAY a profitable trader. He lives solely on the (good) money he makes from "educating" others! You might learn a thing or two in his room, no question, but in the end it comes down to the point, can he make money solely trading?? I have seen him trade live (not just in the traderoom but executing live trades) and all he did was lose money, very consistently. He lost over 50k in probably about 6 weeks (while he was still posting positive results on his twitter page) and its not even the fact that he lost money, but the way he lost it. He did not follow his own rules, he constantly took 3-4 tick profits (only about 15% were winners, seriously) while losses were far bigger!!

Anyway, I gotta run but after reading those positive posts about channel-trading and huddy it made me want to puke! I can prove that everything im saying here is nothing but the truth but let me ask you this? Did you ever SEE huddy execute 1 trade even on demo? Did you see his DOM putting his order in? Let alone he will NEVER EVER send you a trading statement. (Hey, I could send out a trading statement of him and you can compare that to his twitter posted trades and you would be shocked)!

You might think he´s a nice guy and maybe he is (i kinda liked him too) but one thing i know for sure, he does not live on trading but on "educating"! Choosing an "educator" that can not make money for himself?? hmm, maybe not so wise

MM,

Thank you for your input. Have you ever visited JP TRading room? Do you have an opinion of his work?

Do you have an opinion of JP Trading room?

As a "grandfathered" member of his room I can offer my perspective:

1. JP comes across as a very likeable guy

2. He teaches his own trade setups and basic MP

3. After carefully following his trades you will be breakeven at best and more than likely loser, he refuses to prove his own trading profitability

4. He allows some members to pray upon other members

A. One past member and moderator is in prison for running a "ponzi" scheme

B. Another past moderator is currently being prosecuted by the SEC for running a "ponzi" scheme

C. Several other members sell some sort of "mental" or psychological training, one of which even had a competing room using an entirely "bogus" method that was endorsed by the member currently in prison

D. Another member currently has a competing room that resells his method again to other members- you pay JP to teach you then you can pay the other past member to teach you again

E. A survey conducted by members to members reported less than 25% said they were profitable(this of course is not verified and relies on members reporting "truthfully")

F. There seems to be an almost "cult" like following among some of his members, until they run out of money, of course

It is obvious he doesn't make money trading but does earn a comfortable living from his training. If you are looking for some MP training and can protect yourself from the other "pitfalls" that can occur in his room, it might be for you.

@Koifan, sorry to spill your enthuasm but Huddy is NO WAY a profitable trader. He lives solely on the (good) money he makes from "educating" others! You might learn a thing or two in his room, no question, but in the end it comes down to the point, can he make money solely trading?? I have seen him trade live (not just in the traderoom but executing live trades) and all he did was lose money, very consistently. He lost over 50k in probably about 6 weeks (while he was still posting positive results on his twitter page) and its not even the fact that he lost money, but the way he lost it. He did not follow his own rules, he constantly took 3-4 tick profits (only about 15% were winners, seriously) while losses were far bigger!!

Anyway, I gotta run but after reading those positive posts about channel-trading and huddy it made me want to puke! I can prove that everything im saying here is nothing but the truth but let me ask you this? Did you ever SEE huddy execute 1 trade even on demo? Did you see his DOM putting his order in? Let alone he will NEVER EVER send you a trading statement. (Hey, I could send out a trading statement of him and you can compare that to his twitter posted trades and you would be shocked)!

You might think he´s a nice guy and maybe he is (i kinda liked him too) but one thing i know for sure, he does not live on trading but on "educating"! Choosing an "educator" that can not make money for himself?? hmm, maybe not so wise

I know Huddy very well. A decade of trading and learning from him. This post is not only untrue but a slander of a kind and well-meaning individual who ALWAYS puts his clients and friends before himself. There is simply no reason for anyone to post comments as inflammatory and derogatory about someone with whom they have no personal knowledge or experience with. He teaches in the room all day and the trades called in every case BEFORE price gets there. If the trade does not fill others in the room it does not post on TWITTER. Period. This slander should be removed. A fair review of the experience in the room is fine. A personal attack from a blind source is criminal and should be treated as such.

I know Huddy very well. A decade of trading and learning from him. This post is not only untrue but a slander of a kind and well-meaning individual who ALWAYS puts his clients and friends before himself. There is simply no reason for anyone to post comments as inflammatory and derogatory about someone with whom they have no personal knowledge or experience with. He teaches in the room all day and the trades called in every case BEFORE price gets there. If the trade does not fill others in the room it does not post on TWITTER. Period. This slander should be removed. A fair review of the experience in the room is fine. A personal attack from a blind source is criminal and should be treated as such.

I will not get into a lengthy discussion here about whoever´s credibility. I think sooner or later we all came across "educators" that seem to be good traders while they are truly o(at best) maybe good analysts.

To make a long story very short. I (part)own a small swiss asset management firm and kevin hudson (huddy) from channel-trading traded for us for a short period of time and i can tell for FACT based on the live trades he took, that he did nothing but lose and that VERY consistently! It was not so much the fact that he lost 50k in a heartbeat but the way he lost it.

If you think Im making this up, I could send some moderater our agreement with huddy as well as the live trading statement and some email reference with him.

I also know a couple of traders that have been in his room for a few months and all of them had the same issues. Huddy makes very often calls like "I will be looking to sell in that area..." and when price gets there you hear nothing from him (let alone you will never see his DOM). If the market acts as "called" he of course took the trade and "you should already have a scale off now" and if the market blows through the level he is "glad I didnt stand in front of that!" Its this would have, could have, should have stuff and I dont know about you, but "would have, could have, should have" does not make you any money in this business!

I am also a "grandfathered" member, was active in the room during 2007-2008 so my experience in that room is admittedly quite stale. I would tend to agree with points 1-3 as I spent quite a bit of time testing his methods as mechanically as possible and found the results to be marginally positive over my test period- throw in real money, real emotions and results would likely worsen, but that's a separate debate. Point 4 seems over-emphasized. I was there when 4A happened and surely one cannot hold JP responsible for the extra-curricular activities of a member/moderator. Your closing sentence is also very presumptive. I was always of the opinion that JP was a successful trader but his success had less to do with market profile and more to do with good discipline and instincts learned from many years as a floor trader. If he charged each of the grandfathers a monthly fee to remain in the room (he does not) your argument that he earns a comfortable living from his training service in lieu of his trading *might* hold some water, but truthfully, it sounds like sour grapes and JP is a stand-up guy in my opinion.

As a "grandfathered" member of his room I can offer my perspective:

1. JP comes across as a very likeable guy

2. He teaches his own trade setups and basic MP

3. After carefully following his trades you will be breakeven at best and more than likely loser, he refuses to prove his own trading profitability

4. He allows some members to pray upon other members

A. One past member and moderator is in prison for running a "ponzi" scheme

B. Another past moderator is currently being prosecuted by the SEC for running a "ponzi" scheme

C. Several other members sell some sort of "mental" or psychological training, one of which even had a competing room using an entirely "bogus" method that was endorsed by the member currently in prison

D. Another member currently has a competing room that resells his method again to other members- you pay JP to teach you then you can pay the other past member to teach you again

E. A survey conducted by members to members reported less than 25% said they were profitable(this of course is not verified and relies on members reporting "truthfully")

F. There seems to be an almost "cult" like following among some of his members, until they run out of money, of course

It is obvious he doesn't make money trading but does earn a comfortable living from his training. If you are looking for some MP training and can protect yourself from the other "pitfalls" that can occur in his room, it might be for you.