Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Ingot54

To Arm or to Disarm.

-

Yawn... so boring.

But one thing is for sure... I bet all you anti-gun folk have a difficult time reaching trading profitability. Anyone that believes in big Gov't, social programs, and the general liberal agenda would definitely suffer as a losing trader... permanently!

It takes an independent thinker, someone that thinks outside the box, away from the crowds to trade profitably. Markets are chaotic just like the world we live in and we must be prepared to make decisions that sometimes don't make sense as a trader where in fact the opposite of pure logic is the right move. I'm afraid, for the majority, the typical lib-nut does not contain the right thinking brain cells to achieve trading mastery. Further, he'll enjoy seeing more market regulation and even big Gov't hand holding in tough times.

Hey Virginia, the Gov't ain't gonna cuddle you as a trader. Sorry...

I am not anti-gun.

I was trained in using guns, I have no problem with guns, or gun ownership.

The farmers need their guns.

The hunters can use their guns.

The sports shooters can have their guns; they use their guns in the Olympics.

The collectors want to admire their guns. They can have their guns.

What I failed to see is, why do you want to widely distribute high capacity automatic assault rifles.

Please do not tell me you need the guns to protect yourself against a tyrannic government.

The government is already tyrannic, it robs the poor and gives to the rich. I do not see you (or anybody) do anything about it.

Please do not tell me you need the guns to protect yourself against a 280 lb monkey.

The only reason there is a fully armed 280 lb monkey is because guns are widely distributed.

Please do not tell me you must have the guns because of the 2nd amendment. That was 1791, more than 200 years ago. Time has changed. The land has changed.

You will have your guns; despite all these debates, I do not see USA will change its laws drastically to curtail your liberty of gun ownership in the near future (ie the next 200 yrs). You will continue to have your freedom to own guns, but many people will tell you, you have given up a lot of "other" freedoms just so that you (and all the bad people) can have the freedom to own guns.

Good luck... hope peace be with you always.

393152_471832119518494_872526271_n.jpg

I am not the most religious Christian on earth but my values and morals have been shaped by my christian upbringing as such I am pretty certain that Christian doctrine does not advocate intolerance or hatred. The central message is that Jesus loves all people. What you have posted misses the mark on every single line. In fact I am certain that you are praising something other than Jesus since your list advocates anything but love of others and acceptance of all man as your brothers and sisters. Your list includes, hatred, intolerance, humiliation, judgement of others; instead, Jesus taught tolerance, mercy, love compassion and so on.

As I said, I am the not the most religious Christian on earth, but your display makes me think that at some point you may have been tricked into following a prophet other than Jesus whose doctrine includes hatred, violence, and humiliation and these teachings have shaped your values and morals. Maybe you should actually read the Bible as a 2013 New Years resolution. Free yourself from the grips of the dark prophet. If you are comfortable with your beliefs then you take comfort with a prophet other than Christ.

Please don't post a Google look up of a Bible passage misinterpretation to back up your bullshit. Be real. Look at yourself.

Cops: Mother of two surprises intruder with five gunshots | www.ajc.com

not so sure a golf club would have worked in this case. :haha:

maybe the criminal will think it is time to reform himself?

gotta say very smart lady. let the dumb ass come to her. what a surprise he got.

gotta like that last sentence in the article.

PS this happened last Friday Jan 4, 2013. Perhaps our founding ancestors knew their shit when they inserted the part about being armed???:helloooo:

I am not the most religious Christian on earth but .....

What, doesn't every practicing buddhist believe if Gandhi were alive today support the idea every man, women and child having at least one AK47?

:)

Cops: Mother of two surprises intruder with five gunshots | www.ajc.com

not so sure a golf club would have worked in this case. :haha:

maybe the criminal will think it is time to reform himself?

gotta say very smart lady. let the dumb ass come to her. what a surprise he got.

gotta like that last sentence in the article.

PS this happened last Friday Jan 4, 2013. Perhaps our founding ancestors knew their shit when they inserted the part about being armed???:helloooo:

Oh, but most everyone here says the 280-lb intruder doesn't exists. Nobody gets burglarized anymore. No need to arm and protect ourselves. The sheeple are either straight dumb or have their heads in the sand.

Oh, but most everyone here says the 280-lb intruder doesn't exists. Nobody gets burglarized anymore. No need to arm and protect ourselves. The sheeple are either straight dumb or have their heads in the sand.

Defending yourself with a registered gun by a responsible gun owner (as described in the video) is something nobody ever denied.

You are confused.

You are confusing the right to self-defense with the freedom to own (and distribute) high capacity automatic assault rifles.

Defending yourself with a registered gun by a responsible gun owner (as described in the video) is something nobody ever denied.

you sure tams? seems like in another post you said "You might believe that one day I would wish I had a gun. No, I don't, I don't want one, and most importantly, I don't need one."

This article describes how last night in Loganville, GA, a woman, home alone with her 2 kids was terrified when a stranger, ringing the bell and beating on the door wouldn't leave. She called for help and hid with her kids.

Before help could arrive the person at the door forced his way in using a crowbar and huntend the woman and her kids down. She had a gun and shot him, he is in the hospital expected to survive. The woman and her kids were unharmed.

Not much question about where this mother stands on arm or dis-arm.

Always better when the good guy has some say as to outcome and not just leave it all up to the bad guy.

UB

Edited by UrmaBlume

What, doesn't every practicing buddhist believe if Gandhi were alive today support the idea every man, women and child having at least one AK47?

:)

well i can't answer that question but it may be possible that on jan 30 1948 that mr Gandi wished he would have had one???

We're all traders, we're supposed to think these things through.

Why does the 280lb intruder exist?

i amquite sure that with your twisted contorted thinking you are heading down the road to "discover" that "alas the bastard exists because of law abiding citizens being armed." if they just would not have arms well the 280 pounder wouldn't exist.

typical liberal doctrine. lets blame the victim for the perpetrators crime. now why didn't i think of that?:crap:

We're traders. We're supposed to think long-term. I thought that we were supposed to think, anyway.

In that situation anyone would like a gun. What would be preferable is for that situation never to occur in the first place. Wouldn't it? Would you prefer your wife to (a) have a gun and shoot a stranger in a life or death situation, or (b) her to never be in that situation? Are there any groups or societies of people in the world where a 280lb intruder doesn't try to assault you?

Yes? For example in your family unit? Amongst your friends? Amongst almost everyone you meet? Do you need guns to defend against them? No? Why against certain people though? Is there anything that can be done to make society a fairer, nicer, better place so that these people don't end up becoming intruders and statistics?

It's possible (I would hope not) that you guys are so far gone with your gun culture that you should think about arming every man, woman and child. In fact you could replace everyone's left arm with a bionic gun-arm. That might be the safer option.

It is an interesting sociological experiement that you've got going on over there.

i amquite sure that with your twisted contorted thinking you are heading down the road to "discover" that "alas the bastard exists because of law abiding citizens being armed." if they just would not have arms well the 280 pounder wouldn't exist.

typical liberal doctrine. lets blame the victim for the perpetrators crime. now why didn't i think of that?:crap:

This thread was started because in one incident 20 children and 6 adults were murdered in your society. Liberal gun laws might have played a role in that. Maybe not. It's your society, it's your problem to solve.

You know when you're trading, and you make a mistake and lose a big load of money. Do you think to yourself "I will not alter my behaviour and I will not look into the reasons why I lost money. Instead I will just carry on doing the same thing." ?

To me it's pretty logical. We're traders. If we are making mistakes and bad things happen, we look into why it happened and fix our mistakes so that the losses do not reoccur.

What happens if adding more guns to the equation is like averaging down, and will make a bad situation worse?

Edited by Perrin

you sure tams? seems like in another post you said "You might believe that one day I would wish I had a gun. No, I don't, I don't want one, and most importantly, I don't need one."

Tams has been ANTI-gun ownership this entire thread. Suddenly, he's changing his toon to only assault rifles.

No flip flopping allowed buddy!!!

Originally Posted by Tams »

You are confused.

You are confusing the right to self-defense with the freedom to own (and distribute) high capacity automatic assault rifles.

Which part of my post you do not understand?

I am not anti-gun.

um..yes it appears you are.

I was trained in using guns, I have no problem with guns, or gun ownership.[/

That might be stretching it abit since you have argued so much against them and even said you don't need them.

The farmers need their guns.

The hunters can use their guns.

The sports shooters can have their guns; they use their guns in the Olympics.

The collectors want to admire their guns. They can have their guns.

um you forgot to list work at home moms with two kids.

What I failed to see is, why do you want to widely distribute high capacity automatic assault rifles.

well lets see..maybe because the bad boys have them and will continue to have them whether they are banned or not...remember honduras taxi story where taxi pays extortion to a bastard with an ak 47 that pulls up in a suburban? bty ak 47's are illegal in honduras but guess what? you can get one. several if you want.

Please do not tell me you need the guns to protect yourself against a tyrannic government.

The government is already tyrannic, it robs the poor and gives to the rich. I do not see you (or anybody) do anything about it.

now tams you are sounding quite communistic here. but to be fair..well that has always happened in history..probally happening at this very moment in the outback too. it does happen until the poor gets tired of it and takes up arms (if they have any:haha:)

Please do not tell me you need the guns to protect yourself against a 280 lb monkey. The only reason there is a fully armed 280 lb monkey is because guns are widely distributed.
see i told you so!! it is the fault of those gun toting law abiding citizens!!!

Please do not tell me you must have the guns because of the 2nd amendment. That was 1791, more than 200 years ago. Time has changed. The land has changed
...but people haven't very much..they still lie..cheat..steal..murder..fornicate

You will have your guns; despite all these debates, I do n.ot see USA will change its laws drastically to curtail your liberty of gun ownership in the near future (ie the next 200 yrs). You will continue to have your freedom to own guns

to your chagrin i think you may have that one correct. but if mm's favorite president has anything to do with it we may lose that freedom..except seems like i read about a marine who said he wasn't gonna register nor give up his arms or something like that...anybody recall that story? maybe a certain lady in gov does?

Good luck... hope peace be with you always

thank you. same to you also ..you really gonna need it especially since you are a sharp shooter that ain't got no gun.

This thread was started because in one incident 20 children and 6 adults were murdered in your society. Liberal gun laws might have played a role in that. Maybe not. It's your society, it's your problem to solve.

You know when you're trading, and you make a mistake and lose a big load of money. Do you think to yourself "I will not alter my behaviour and I will not look into the reasons why I lost money. Instead I will just carry on doing the same thing." ?

To me it's pretty logical. We're traders. If we are making mistakes and bad things happen, we look into why it happened and fix our mistakes so that the losses do not reoccur.

What happens if adding more guns to the equation is like averaging down, and will make a bad situation worse?

might as well forget it perriwinkle. we americans are part of the 95% traders that lose. no hope for us...just leave us alone.. i wish we would leave you guys alone...now maybe if you guys took up arms (if you can find any) and withstood our ass we might leave you alone??? what we need is a real good ass whipping! that will straighten us mericans out. we need somebody to grab us by the nose and kick us in the ass.

Originally Posted by Tams »

I am not anti-gun.

I was trained in using guns, I have no problem with guns, or gun ownership.

um..yes it appears you are.

You are confused.

You are confusing the right to self defense with the freedom to indiscriminately distribute high capacity automatic assault rifles.

Quote:

well lets see..maybe because the bad boys have them and will continue to have them whether they are banned or not...remember honduras taxi story where taxi pays extortion to a bastard with an ak 47 that pulls up in a suburban? bty ak 47's are illegal in honduras but guess what? you can get one. several if you want.

You have just proved my point...

The only reason you think you will need guns is because the bad guys have them.

Take away everybody's guns and you will live in peace like the people in UK, Germany, Sweden, Finland, France, Spain, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Canada...

Of course that is not going to happen in USA in the foreseeable future (ie the next 200 yrs), so despite all these wonderful friendly arguments and lively colourful debates, you will continue argue about your 2nd amendment, and you will continue to be able to have your guns. (but by the tone of your defenses, you seem to believe your right to free gun ownership is in danger).

Worry not, I don't need my guns. I don't want them, because I can walk the street at night with my friends and families, without a care.

If you have a choice, which is the better way to live?

ps. USA is not honduras.

Edited by Tams

You have just proved my point...

The only reason you think you will need guns is because the bad guys have them.

Take away everybody's guns and you will live in peace like the people in UK, Germany, Sweden, Finland, France, Spain, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Canada...

Of course that is not going to happen in USA in the foreseeable future (ie the next 200 yrs), so despite all these wonderful friendly arguments and lively colourful debates, you will continue argue about your 2nd amendment, and you will continue to be able to have your guns. (but by the tone of your defenses, you seem to believe your right to free gun ownership is in danger).

Worry not, I don't need my guns. I don't want them, because I can walk the street at night with my friends and families, without a care.

If you have a choice, which is the better way to live?

ps. USA is not honduras.

tams where you live at in AU? what town?

This article describes how last night in Loganville, GA, a woman, home alone with her 2 kids was terrified when a stranger, ringing the bell and beating on the door wouldn't leave. She called for help and hid with her kids.

Before help could arrive the person at the door forced his way in using a crowbar and huntend the woman and her kids down. She had a gun and shot him, he is in the hospital expected to survive. The woman and her kids were unharmed.

Not much question about where this mother stands on arm or dis-arm.

Always better when the good guy has some say as to outcome and not just leave it all up to the bad guy.

UB

Tazers for all. They make for great videos too.

loved the article about the lady in Loganville. (Good on her, and lets hope now that they dont ask the government for counselling for the kids. )

I did have a few questions.....(for the record, most of the questions are to tease).

Initially I thought she was hiding from a lawyer/solicitor - and who could blame her :) as opposed to a solicitor/vendor/door to door salesman. The first should never be allowed to make house calls!

I pity the poor mormans in that area - the next time they knock they had best stand clear in case someone just opens fire without asking first. Justified defense from offence?

Why dont these people just put up a big fence, security wire and a sign saying 'no soliciations please', 'door to door sales men will be shot', 'f...k off and go away today, come again another day'.

Maybe she should have just said - "no thanks, not interested", employed some other normal preventative security measures first....at a guess statistically speaking most people probably use this, and it its highly effective.

She might have been better to have asked who it is, then maybe the person could have realised that some one was home, and then he might have moved onto the next empty place.

Maybe a doorbell for friends, one for salesmen and a trapdoor for the others.

Most burglaries are usually opportunistic and they will move to the next easy target.

In a kind of f...d up USA legal way - could the assailant now argue...

"there i was minding my own business exercising my rights to free enterprise, going about my daily break and enter routine, when i was effectively lured into a house i thought was empty and then they waited in ambush in a cupboard......whats an honest non violent criminal meant to do - arm themselves in self defense?" - pre-emptive attacks maybe - has their been a precedent for that?????

and finally....WTF - shot 5 times in the face and neck and still alive, able to drive and only slightly dis-orientated. He must be blessed.

''''''''''''

why would the liberal biased media report this - clearly it supports the case of the gun advocates.....maybe, just maybe the media is less biased than some fear?

'''''''''''''''''''''

Tams has been ANTI-gun ownership this entire thread. Suddenly, he's changing his toon to only assault rifles.

No flip flopping allowed buddy!!!

you are right....!

Tams - you must be dogmatic and steadfast in your stance, never changing your mind, never listening to the other side, never being able to further clarify your position in the hope that there are no missunderstandings.

There must be no compromise, no change from the path, no deviations from the propaganda.

you are not allowed to flip flop - you cannot ever think maybe the other side has a point.

you can never reverse a position, modify the settings, parameters or show any form of compromise, understanding of the other side or even heavens forbid sympathy that there are aspects you agree on......you are either with us or against us .....c'mon Tams, tow the party line.....what ever party that is. :)

You cannot support us in part, you either tow the party line and comply or you will be dealt with.

Us liberals (um....not sure exactly who i am arguing for now, my alter ego is split - this could proably applied to anyone) cannot tolerate someone who supports our rights but at the same time wants to limit those rights - its all or nothing. No one remembers who comes second! Kill or be killed, love is for pussies and failure is not an option.

Extremist unaltering viewpoints are my right given to me by my government!

you are right....!

Tams - you must be dogmatic and steadfast in your stance, never changing your mind, never listening to the other side, never being able to further clarify your position in the hope that there are no missunderstandings.

There must be no compromise, no change from the path, no deviations from the propaganda.

you are not allowed to flip flop - you cannot ever think maybe the other side has a point.

you can never reverse a position, modify the settings, parameters or show any form of compromise, understanding of the other side or even heavens forbid sympathy that there are aspects you agree on......you are either with us or against us .....c'mon Tams, tow the party line.....what ever party that is. :)

You cannot support us in part, you either tow the party line and comply or you will be dealt with.

Us liberals (um....not sure exactly who i am arguing for now, my alter ego is split - this could proably applied to anyone) cannot tolerate someone who supports our rights but at the same time wants to limit those rights - its all or nothing. No one remembers who comes second! Kill or be killed, love is for pussies and failure is not an option.

Extremist unaltering viewpoints are my right given to me by my government!

Then again, perhaps our pro-gun arguments have worked. Ayeee!

Then its okay to switch sides.

Then again, perhaps our pro-gun arguments have worked. Ayeee!

Then its okay to switch sides.

We know - you have already switched the the dark side and are in fact a liberal......you just did not realise it.

Once Tams becomes the gun toting rampaging homicidal manic - (after of course he is a responsible law abiding citizen first) then our work here will be complete.

Signing off as director general as Part of the new world order/old world order/mind control experiment......

Our slogan - we are the 'they', you are the 'us' :)

Have a nice day, please come again or at least leave your children for us to exploit in the future.