Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Maxwell

You're Favorite Techinical Indicators - List Them

Your ADX has longer periods than DMI. I thought it should be the other way around, since ADX lags more than DMI? Exemple DMI=14 and ADX=9.

I daytrade eminis and use 3 timeframes YM 1296t 432t 144t, plus ES 5400t for lead/SR. I use adaptive average (10). I tested other MAs/EMAs, no contest.

I enter when it curves up/down from being flat a while, in sync with a zero line cross on the detrended oscillator or MACD (Linda Raschke's 3/10 settings),

confirmed by slow stoch cross-over, preferably at extreme point/off SR/pivot point. But my trigger indicator is the DMI with ADX combo (super-imposed) with

extreme settings: DMI 6.8.8 ADX 10.4,19 on Sierra Charts (standard settings are too slow). I arrived at these settings after backtesting every possible

permutation. The trick is to get the topDI to jump over the ADX line or at least touch it and turn up; play with your settings until that happens, it should be a

very visible signal! No matter where all other indicators point, if the ADX is not moving up, there's no trend and you are dead in the water. This ADX is more

reliable than Bollinger Bands at any settings, and a whole lot better than the squeeze indicator, which tends to join the party too late. I compared.

Price is my indicator :) I stopped using technical indicators years ago. Now the only tools I use are market internal tools such as the TICK, TRIN, prem, and PC ratio. I also use market profile and pivot points. Read this thread to learn more about my trading techniques.

hi

your thread" has been removed - for any reason?

interesting, you put call ration trading style

where to find relieable informations abóut the ration?

cheers

Don't think that you could find a better indicator than the tramp stamp. Was my most reliable indicator back when I was single.

the-tramp-stamp-tattoo.jpg

BUMP... baby, BUMP!

two out of three girls i would mess around with before i met my wife had the tramp stamp. they also both had boyfriends.

my wife does not have a trampstamp. we have an excellent, committed, loving relationship, and both trust and mutual respect define the boundaries of every part of it.

Trampstamp = probably not wife material

No Trampstamp = probably NOT screwing the neighbor and the door man when your working late to provide for her future.

hah. the trampstamp. BUMP

FTX

My Brain - I use it to help me determine which tool should be applied to which situation, and what importance to place on it. My toolbox has tools that only make straight lines on my charts, including volume, horizontal depictions of volume, candlestick patterns, statistically viable tools, fundamental trends, COT studies, highs and lows of all sorts, but most of all a constant, very deliberate choice to monitor my own internal thoughts, feelings, and emotions, in order to make sure I personally am mentally in the correct place from which to best be able to choose the right tools.

I always use EMA-9, EMA-22 & EMA-32 for deciding whether to buy or sell. When EMA-9 crosses over EMA-22 & EMA-32, I buy and vice versa. Other factors I consider is a formation of a candle above EMA-32 before I buy. The time frame I use is 15 min. It has helped me to make profits consistently. Normally I look for 10% profit per day. With a 1:100 leverage, it is just 10 pips usually. It helps me to quadruple my small account every month. :2c: