Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Moyyim

Open E Cry - Market Delta

Hi

Does anyone have any experience or views on the OpenECry - Market Delta (Footprints) add on.

I appreciate, as OEC say it is "steeply discounted versus MarketDelta standalone footprint" so wondered how it compared functionality wise etc to the Market Delta "Standard" Package .

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for the Heads-Up in the data "issue".....

When installed on OEC, is the only footprint chart available the "Bid/Ask

" footprint as shown here...

http://www.openecry.com/includes/pdf/OEC_Footprint_Product_Info.pdf

or are the other type of footprints/features available... eg Volume Footprint, Delta Footprint and Footprint Profile

as shown on the Market Delta Standard package

MARKETDELTA :: Standard

Thanks

You can choose between Bid/Ask, Delta, Volume, Bid/Ask Strike - graphically all very akin to your first link. This is not my trading PC otherwise I'd have made a screenshot. As I said: Try their Demo and have a look.

I have now a demo of the OEC MD Footprint so I can answer my own question :)

No - The OEC version has not Market Profile. '

What you get is the footprint chart. My initial feedback is that it is valuable as you see whats going on inside each bar.

hasn't anyone just programmed a footprint chart themselves in OpenEcry, rather than paying for an 'add-on' from the broker?

I dont use them, but was thinking about looking into it as a second broker.

I assume you can build custom indicators etc like you can with ninjatrader. People have made footprint/delta charts with them. Not with OpenEcry?

cheers.

Personally I think market delta is useless, but as to which is better, if you want to use it then get it from market delta. Ultimately in this game you get what you pay for, and if you try and do it on the cheap, then you're going to have an inferior product meaing that ultimately, you're just selling yourself short.

Free data with a cheap add on won't be as good as getting the full bangers and mash. In for a penny, in for pound as they say....

most of the datafeed are not good enough for MD.

if you just want a cursory look, that's ok.

but if you are serious (ie you want to make money with MD),

then you should get the real mccoy.