Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Tams

Favorite Trading Sayings / Quotes

The trend is your friend

plan your trade and trade your plan

let your winners run and kill losing trades quick

Follow the biggest money (trend)

Don't overtrade.

I live and trade by all the above sayings

Have a great day folks :)

when someone wants to see your PnL,

you know you are doing something right.

or in the case of some large firms ( Nic Lesson as an example )

when someone wants to see your PnL it either because they want a slice of it or think you are hiding something.

Only buy stocks that go up. If they don't go up don't buy them.

I did that one before, I just wasn't sure what to do with them when they immediately started going down.

that's why you should only buy stocks that go up. You'd make money every time.

easily applied to trading...

It's not what we don't know that prevents us from succeeding;

it's what we know that just ain't so that is our greatest obstacle.

-- Josh Billings

"One of the most helpful things that anybody can learn is to give up trying to catch the last eighth or the first. These two are the most expensive eighths in the world."

Jesse Livermore in "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator"

'Who do you blame when you sell out of your profitable positions too early because you are afraid they will pull back and turn into losses? Or you hang on to your losing positions as they ratchet down, each little up-tick giving you hope, but finally sell out at the bottom because the pain is too great?

This syndrome is described as "eating like a bird and pooping like an elephant". '

S. Bigalow, in Profitable Candlestick Trading (2002)

OK, here are some quotes that I have come across in my sojourn to become a trader.

A good daytrader must have the discipline of a machine, the reflexes of a fox, the emotions of a rock, skills of a surgeon and patience of a saint.

A trader must observe with humility but act with arrogance.

Finally for those of you that are coming off a bad day of trading and you need a good pick me up here is the mother of all inspirational speeches. It applies to life as well as trading. Click this link. Any Given Sunday - Peace by Inches - Pacino - YouTube

Enjoy

Regards

Pi

OK, here are some quotes that I have come across in my sojourn to become a trader.

A good daytrader must have the discipline of a machine, the reflexes of a fox, the emotions of a rock, skills of a surgeon and patience of a saint.

A trader must observe with humility but act with arrogance.

Finally for those of you that are coming off a bad day of trading and you need a good pick me up here is the mother of all inspirational speeches. It applies to life as well as trading. Click this link. Any Given Sunday - Peace by Inches - Pacino - YouTube

Enjoy

Regards

Pi

That scene is one of my favorite movie scenes. It's second to the Christopher Walken, Dennis Hopper scene in "True Romance"

MM

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a very large and empty jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full.

They agreed that it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full.

They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous "Yes!"

The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things--your family, your children, your health, your friends, your favorite passions--things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, your car. The sand is everything else--the small stuff."

"If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. ! If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. "Take care of the golf balls first, the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented. The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."

"Don't be afraid to buy high and sell low"

I include this saying because I thought I'd misread it first time.

It comes from an article entitled "Flow of the Markets" by Van Tharp, at his website, on the page entitled "Free". I thought the article worthwhile, probably because it relates to one of the problems I have trading.

not about trading...

but a good reflection on mentors and our learning methods...

The mediocre teacher tells.

The good teacher explains.

The superior teacher demonstrates.

The great teacher inspires.

~~ William Arthur Ward ~~

I borrowed the following, because it applies to our trading too.

Information and knowledge is never owned - it is simply borrowed from someone else.