Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Open ECry Wish List Thread

A couple of suggestions.....

1) Be able to apply alerts on trend lines, or horizontal lines, or any line that is drawn eg; a box, elipse

2) Be able to set the DOM (middle price column) alert so that it defaults. Hence you can just right click on the price column.

3) Be able to set up the alerts so that if an indicator ticks up or down, or to a certain level it alerts.... an make this easy to turn on and off.

Eg; say you are using the Donchian (higher and low levels) you may wish to see when the next high tick goes off, without having to constantly be alerted by the low tick going off if in a downtrend.

If you can already do this then please show me the way..... I seem to find knew stuff on there every day. Liking the system.....just not my trading.

thanks.

I wish that the gridlines between the rows and columns on the quotes windows for the updated releases (3.5.X.X+) could be removed so that it looks like the quote window of old (3.4.x.x and prior).

Anyone have a Hull MA and Opening Range indicator or know where to get them...?

I can help you out with the Hull MA...

Cut and paste this into a new easylanguage indicator and compile:

Inputs: price(Close), length(21), 
	zeroLine(0.0), zeroVisible(false), 
    upColour(Blue), downColour(Red), sideColour(Yellow), colourDeltaBar(1); 

Value1 = jtHMA(price, length); 

//Plot1(Value1, "jtHMA"); 

If ZeroVisible = true then 
Plot2(zeroLine, "Zero"); 

{ Color criteria } 
if (Value1 > Value1[1]) then  
Plot1(Value1, "jtHMA", upColour)
else if (Value1 < Value1[1]) then  
Plot1(Value1, "jtHMA", downColour)
else if (Value1 = Value1[1]) then
Plot1(Value1, "jtHMA", sideColour); 	

#function jtHMA	 

Inputs: price(NumericSeries), length(NumericSimple); 
Vars: halvedLength(0), sqrRootLength(0); 

{ 
Original equation is: 
--------------------- 
waverage(2*waverage(close,period/2)-waverage(close ,period), SquareRoot(Period) 
Implementation below is more efficient with lengthy Weighted Moving Averages. 
In addition, the length needs to be converted to an integer value after it is halved and 
its square root is obtained in order for this to work with Weighted Moving Averaging 
} 

if ((ceiling(length / 2) - (length / 2))  <= 0.5) then 
halvedLength = ceiling(length / 2) 
else 
halvedLength = floor(length / 2); 

if ((ceiling(SquareRoot(length)) - SquareRoot(length))  <= 0.5) then 
sqrRootLength = ceiling(SquareRoot(length)) 
else 
sqrRootLength = floor(SquareRoot(length)); 

Value1 = 2 * WAverage(price, halvedLength); 
Value2 = WAverage(price, length); 
Value3 = WAverage((Value1 - Value2), sqrRootLength); 

jtHMA = Value3; 

And it looks like OEC just rolled out a 3.5.1.0 chart package... and the "save as default" option for imported indicators works again. Yay!!!

Thanks!... I am playing with OEC and Ninja Trader demos. OEC looks so good but I am a bit concerned the support is not as deep as Ninja... But then I fired up Ninja and whooa.. blank charts?? Patsystem does not maintain data so I have to import data.. I am really taken by OEC's ability to trade on trendline breaks and if I can resolve the EL indicator import bumpiness I'll be all set... Not that I use that many anyway..

I prefer OEC to Ninja myself. Unless your doing very complicated things in code I don't see an advantage to ninja personally. There will of course be those that tell you anything but ZenFire is crap, but frankly i've been impressed by OEC's data in the recent volatility and between you me and the wall, I execute trades through Infinity anyway so i'm no impacted anyway.

A couple of suggestions.....

1) Be able to apply alerts on trend lines, or horizontal lines, or any line that is drawn eg; a box, elipse

attachment.php?attachmentid=21438&stc=1&d=1276477727

2) Be able to set the DOM (middle price column) alert so that it defaults. Hence you can just right click on the price column.

I don't understand the idea here. Please explain further.

3) Be able to set up the alerts so that if an indicator ticks up or down, or to a certain level it alerts.... an make this easy to turn on and off.

Eg; say you are using the Donchian (higher and low levels) you may wish to see when the next high tick goes off, without having to constantly be alerted by the low tick going off if in a downtrend.

I'm not sure if you can create an alert like this; however, I've used coloring for this purpose before and works nicely. This will color your bar/candle based on the parameters you set. Anytime that parameter is met, a coloring will print on top of your normal bar/candle. If there's a way to do it via alerts, I'm not sure but in the meantime you can try the coloring out.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21439&stc=1&d=1276477727

5aa7101336386_OECALERTS.gif.26a62d19d71de7aa1787528911e8815d.gif

5aa710133a250_OECCOLORING.gif.ed45a3f0bb273c591e7cc609286de616.gif

Thanks BrownsFan.......

1) very handy I did not realise that when you click right on the trendline/horizontal line and then go into alerts, it would go off that, I was busy looking in properties and a few other places.

2) In the DOM when you left click on the price column it can create an alert. I ideally wanted to set it up as a default (much like many of the other tasks in OEC) and hence meaning you could just left click on the price column to set an alert with one click. Not a major issue, just something that might be quick and easy.

3) Thanks for the bar chart, colouring. This will not be enough as I still need to watch it, and if I have the indicator already showing it does not give much more info - handy none the less.

I was looking more at on the chart ALERTS > CREATE ALERTS > ADVANCED tab.

Thinking I was wondering if there was some way to set the alerts off a chart in here.

If you use the example of a higher high, lower low indicator (a donchian channel) it would be great to be able to alert when it breaks up or down initially, and then have the alert reset until the next time after it goes sideways for a few bars - (otherwise it will continue to fire)

I will keep looking as OEC has many hidden settings.

thanks.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I find the reporting and trading statistics very poor or not not intuitive enough.

OEC should improve their report generating system

- Generating reports takes forever to process

- Users should be able to create custom reports within the OEC platform that can be easily generated daily

I'm sure this is already well known, but trend lines can often skew chart viewing which throws off the x/y coordinate ratios. Rather than having candles saturate the entire chart window, trend lines can cause the candles to become compressed until they are removed. Major pain.

I would like a risk to reward indicator that can be placed on the chart that shows the stop loss risk and profit targets and shows the difference to risk/reward ex: 2:1 1:1.

The risk/reward indicator on tradingview.com is great but dont like paying a monthly fee just to us an indicator..see image references of indicator below.