Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Open ECry Wish List Thread

"Make it possible to link separate windows to one another, meaning that I can move one window and the other will move with it, minimize and other minimizes with it, restore and the other will restore with it."

Just realized there is already a way to do this, you can dock any window into any other, COOL!

Check out my setup now!

p.s. just left POS (thinkorswim) today, moving to oec for the obvious reasons

nice.thumb.jpg.a77dfc2f6a1213eb0609a84b44e59d4f.jpg

I really HATE how OEC's DOM works. It's fine if you just use limit order. If you use stop order, chance are you left click on on price and your order were executed. The reason is left click is set to limit order regardless where you click on the DOM. What in the world are their developers thinking? Why would anyone want to place a buy limit order about market price (sell limit below market for short)? That's a market order. If I want a market order, I would just click on buy/sell market.

I hope in the short future they will fix it. I have used few other DOMs and OEC is the only one action this way.

dom.png.812e8274972c6176a001bea66b1ea4cd.png

I really HATE how OEC's DOM works. It's fine if you just use limit order. If you use stop order, chance are you left click on on price and your order were executed. The reason is left click is set to limit order regardless where you click on the DOM. What in the world are their developers thinking? Why would anyone want to place a buy limit order about market price (sell limit below market for short)? That's a market order. If I want a market order, I would just click on buy/sell market.

I hope in the short future they will fix it. I have used few other DOMs and OEC is the only one action this way.

That's funny, I love how OEC DOM's work. If you want to use a limit Left Click, Right click for stop. Not really understanding what is so bad about this. If i remember correctly, trying to do a stop-limit in ninja required to push the scroll button, not exactly easy. Not to be so critical, but is it really that hard to distinguish left from right?

Chris,

As I said via pm to you, there are 2 reasons for this:

1) There's reason to submit a limit order above/below

2) Right clicking sends a stop order

A simple breakeven function would be nice.

Maybe I did not figure it out yet, but as far as I can see there is only the possibility of a manual move to BE by clicking the button (which creates an extra order - no OCO?) or to use the trailing stop function.

What I want is just an function that moves the stop to BE (+1) after x amount of ticks in my favor.

A simple breakeven function would be nice.

Maybe I did not figure it out yet, but as far as I can see there is only the possibility of a manual move to BE by clicking the button (which creates an extra order - no OCO?) or to use the trailing stop function.

What I want is just an function that moves the stop to BE (+1) after x amount of ticks in my favor.

http://www.openecry.com/software/softwarehighlights_advorders.cfm

Check the strategy builder option to see if this can do it for you. Might need to call or email OEC if you run into problems.

Two requests that should be easy:

1. Change Price Format in DOM

- In the Quotes window under the OEC Trader display, there is a feature that allows you to change the format of the price display. For example, the default display for Corn futures (ZCZ8) is 4.0825 . One can change the format to display the more common 408 1/4.

- However, this feature is not available in the DOM (I called support, and they confirmed it's not there). So, my Quotes screen displays 408 1 and my graphing package displays 408 1/4. The screen that I really need clarity on (the DOM) displays 4.0825. That is a sub-optimal solution, especially considering that this feature is already available in the OEC Trader software in the Quotes screen.

2. Market Data

- It would be enormously useful to be able to see the Dow Jones average levels without having to open up a second trading platform. I don't have a need to do Research or Chat during my trading time, so the two windows at the bottom of the default OEC Trader setup are useless to me. How great it would be to have a streaming Dow quote right in that Research window. That is exactly the research I need.

- Market internals ( TRIN and TICK) would be an added bonus. Just a Dow Jones or S&P quote would be a great leap forward.

Thanks for facilitating this thread,

Bam-Bam

http://www.openecry.com/software/softwarehighlights_advorders.cfm

Check the strategy builder option to see if this can do it for you. Might need to call or email OEC if you run into problems.

Thanks,

I believe that I tested it out so far, but the problem of the trailing stop for example is that (obviously) it would move the stop according to the parameters set.

What I need is a strategy with a build in breakeven stop, which I afterwards would like to trail discretionary. This option I did not found so far.

Thanks,

I believe that I tested it out so far, but the problem of the trailing stop for example is that (obviously) it would move the stop according to the parameters set.

What I need is a strategy with a build in breakeven stop, which I afterwards would like to trail discretionary. This option I did not found so far.

Currently there is no option to do this, I called support and asked. I also agree this is something they should add, using a breakeven stop is the best way to trade imo because it will lock in your profit asap. I am transferring to OEC and should be set up by Tuesday I hope, once I am officially a customer I am going to make the request that they add this feature.

That's what I did this week - entered a position, got 1.5-2pts in my favor, hit B/E plus one tick and then managed the trade.

Overall pretty happy w/OEC this year.

- I'd like a better way to zoom into the charts, currently the + and - zoom buttons are not fine enough and usually it zooms too close or too far. It would be nice if we could just drag over the selection on the chart and it would zoom in to that exact space (much like Prophet charts).

Edited by popstocks

- I'd like a better way to zoom into the charts, currently the + and - zoom buttons are not fine enough and usually it zooms too close or too far. It would be nice if we could just drag over the selection on the chart and it would zoom in to that exact space (much like Prophet charts).

It's not exactly what you'd like - but hold shift while scrolling on your mouse as another way to zoom in/out.

I'm not sure what you are refering to, but I was not able to find the apprpriate tool there.

Even the custom statistics report is not helpful. Is there a way to customize this a bit more.:roll eyes:

Email OEC and ask what you are looking for, not sure if it's there or not.

Two requests that should be easy:

2. Market Data

- It would be enormously useful to be able to see the Dow Jones average levels without having to open up a second trading platform. I don't have a need to do Research or Chat during my trading time, so the two windows at the bottom of the default OEC Trader setup are useless to me. How great it would be to have a streaming Dow quote right in that Research window. That is exactly the research I need.

Bam-Bam

Agree 300% with this. In fact I called them about this - they agreed that they currently do not have. It is completely annoying to open up another data/trading package just to see market internals

Agree 300% with this. In fact I called them about this - they agreed that they currently do not have. It is completely annoying to open up another data/trading package just to see market internals

I've requested this and have been told it's on their list. The one issue w/ internals - tick, trin, etc. - is that is NYSE data and OEC (prior to the OX acquisition) was a futures exchange data firm. Maybe w/ the OX acquisition the internals could be pushed along.

I would really like the possibility to include drawing objects when constructing custom indicators.

There are many indicators that I am missing, which are written in EL codes for tradestation, but simply do not work in OEC. Indicators like dynamic support resistance lines, automatic labeling of HH/HL DT/DB and so on..

Hi everibody,

I just like to know any solution for time and sales on OEC.I mean,if any OEC user read tape and what data feed use for this.Or if there is any posibility to have this included on the wish list.

Thanks

Hi everibody,

I just like to know any solution for time and sales on OEC.I mean,if any OEC user read tape and what data feed use for this.Or if there is any posibility to have this included on the wish list.

Thanks

You can plug OEC data into Sierra Charts. probably the lowest cost option till OEC gets TS.

A few things to wish for:

The simple ability to copy and paste a drawn entity, trendline, text, etc.

The ability to draw a circle or square.

It would be nice if there were some way of having a workspace set up like you can do in ninja, having a set up of charts and save the screen configuration as a workspace and then be able to change workspaces.

I like ninja's ability to have a "global" setting on the charts so that as you mover the curser on one timeframe, the other chart, (with a different timeframe) automatically moves to the same point in time.

Just a few thoughts,

John H