Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TheRumpledOne

Never Lose Again!! TheRumpledOne

Similar to later posts on this threads, there are a couple of threads on the T2W (Trade to Win) forum concerned with the results of the NLA strategy.

One thread, like this one contends that although it shows a success ratio in excess of the lose side, it is a win small but lose large situation.

The second thread is much more interesting in that it's intention is to make the strategy pay better.

Thought that some people here would like to know.

s7it.gif

Buzzard reversals paying off this morning.

Bump: 20t58ok.gif

See how fast things can change?!?!?

That's why you have to take what you can when you can.

I wrote the indicator so I don't have to look at 12 different charts and count candles.

When there is 3 or more like colored candles in a row, then pair symbol is displayed in color. The number at the far right tells me how many pips up/down price is from the open of the current H1 candle.

Bump: 20t58ok.gif

See how fast things can change?!?!?

That's why you have to take what you can when you can.

I wrote the indicator so I don't have to look at 12 different charts and count candles.

When there is 3 or more like colored candles in a row, then pair symbol is displayed in color. The number at the far right tells me how many pips up/down price is from the open of the current H1 candle.

Bump: 23ih4qv.gif

This Buzzard trades paid off late this hour.

Bump: 23ih4qv.gif

This Buzzard trades paid off late this hour.

Bump: 2lsuwls.gif

I modified my TRO_MPMM_PSYCHO indicator to show how far away the bid and ask are from the nearest Psychological levels. When one of them is 0 then indicator highlights the pair.

Bump: 2lsuwls.gif

I modified my TRO_MPMM_PSYCHO indicator to show how far away the bid and ask are from the nearest Psychological levels. When one of them is 0 then indicator highlights the pair.

dpx1rc.gif

Do you SEE the Psychological line trades?

Do you SEE how waiting for the REVERSAL trade is profitable?

Bump:

Can anyone convert any of these to tradestation?

I have written most of these as TradeStation indicators BEFORE coding them as MT4.

Use google to find them.

24esuc1.gif

GET READY FOR REVERSALS!!

Bump: 24esuc1.gif

Bump: 24esuc1.gif

Bump: rcsi1s.gif

Nice reversal after 3 reds in a row...

Bump: rcsi1s.gif

Nice reversal after 3 reds in a row...

Bump: 1zconte.gif

The reversals paid off nice!!

Bump: 1zconte.gif

The reversals paid off nice!!

Bump: 5mfj0g.gif

1 2 3 REVERSE!!

Bump: 5mfj0g.gif

1 2 3 REVERSE!!

I think I am right in saying the redish colour dot is the previous bars pivot (H+L+C)/3 and that the yellow one is the current bars? Figured someone is bound to ask :) Don't want to put words in your mouth but the trigger would be price crossing the previous bar pivot (73)?

I admire your work Rumpledone,i have just begun and i am cleaning up all ready,this is what i have learnt.

1)What i have learnt is ,love my losses as its closer to my next win.

2)Enterys to find a trend is not that important,but the exit is.

3)Monemanagement is the most important key,no matter how well my win/loss Ratio is.

4)stick with a stradegy and dont change it and i found trading a few at the same time seems to give me a higher MAR,well so far.

5) all of this has lead me to believe that automation is by far the best way to go and to back test my ideas and not trade to many correlated markets at once,i am trading 4 different time frames descretionairy using time frames as my filters that has making me over 400% a mth

6)Diversification is great, i have just bought a system that has been winning 95% of the time,i do see alot of people go against this,i intend to get sum more and spread my cash wisely.

Rumpledone,i notice all of your indicators are not auto,why is this?

Wouldnt it be better to take away human errors?

<Xmess7 timidly raises his hand>

Ahh,,, mmm... I started one of my accounts with $25 dollars (FXCM) 33 days ago and now it at stands at $8567.

Basically I did the following:

- Concentrated on the method not the account balance

- Stuck to the plan. Took the losses when it was called for and took the profits when they were there.

- FOLLOWED PRICE!

- Prayed and hoped (yes, there is place for these) that my enemy (ME) would not return to haunt my progress.

This is all I need to say.... I will continue to post my real account trades and place notes for all, perhaps this will help.. I hope to see someone beat me and start with $0 dollars out of their pockets .

Well, I did register another account with FXCM. They already gave me the free $25 deposit, I just haven't started building that account LOL.

PEACE (NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP)

Jess

It can be done.

So who will be next?

$25 dollars (FXCM) 33 days ago and now it at stands at $8567.

wow,thats pretty amazing,blows me outa the water.neat number to 8-(567).

I agree,i just follow the price aswell,fundementals,,pff,just noise.

1059tna.gif

Can you say

L I N E A R

R E G R E S S I O N ?

Bump:

I admire your work Rumpledone,i have just begun and i am cleaning up all ready,this is what i have learnt.

1)What i have learnt is ,love my losses as its closer to my next win.

2)Enterys to find a trend is not that important,but the exit is.

3)Monemanagement is the most important key,no matter how well my win/loss Ratio is.

4)stick with a stradegy and dont change it and i found trading a few at the same time seems to give me a higher MAR,well so far.

5) all of this has lead me to believe that automation is by far the best way to go and to back test my ideas and not trade to many correlated markets at once,i am trading 4 different time frames descretionairy using time frames as my filters that has making me over 400% a mth

6)Diversification is great, i have just bought a system that has been winning 95% of the time,i do see alot of people go against this,i intend to get sum more and spread my cash wisely.

Ever hear of MURPHY'S LAW?

I prefer those HUMAN errors to:

1) computer going down - software or hardware

2) power going down

3) internet connection going down

4) Broker server/network going down

Automation does NOT mean UNATTENDED!!

That's the fastest way to the poor house.

Bump:

I think I am right in saying the redish colour dot is the previous bars pivot (H+L+C)/3 and that the yellow one is the current bars? Figured someone is bound to ask :) Don't want to put words in your mouth but the trigger would be price crossing the previous bar pivot (73)?

Yes, you are correct.

Yes, you can use those as triggers.

$25 dollars (FXCM) 33 days ago and now it at stands at $8567.

wow,thats pretty amazing,blows me outa the water.neat number to 8-(567).

I agree,i just follow the price aswell,fundementals,,pff,just noise.

Seriously? Wow. Demom or live? If live you better hope you can withdraw your money...

img1.jpgimg2.jpg

img10.jpgimg4.jpgimg9.jpg

Ever hear of MURPHY'S LAW?

I prefer those HUMAN errors to:

1) computer going down - software or hardware

2) power going down

3) internet connection going down

4) Broker server/network going down

Automation does NOT mean UNATTENDED!!

That's the fastest way to the poor house.

You didn't really answer his question. As you stated, automation does not mean unattended. However, attending a trade via observance does not have to equal manual exection. All the reasons you gave are removed if one attends an automated trade. So I guess the original question still stands unanswered.

Now on to a question of mine. What speficially was the purpose of posting that chart with linear regression? In my opinion it was extremely random, and you expressed it in a way that implies everyone should find it obvious. It's as if I drew a trend line or had a moving average that priced bounced off of and replied "can you say T R E N D L I N E" or "can you say M O V I N G - A V E R A G E. Some clarification would help. :)

zmh1sl.gif

USDCHF was a tough few pips.

USDJPY paid nice.

Get ready for next hour...

Bump:

You didn't really answer his question. As you stated, automation does not mean unattended. However, attending a trade via observance does not have to equal manual exection. All the reasons you gave are removed if one attends an automated trade. So I guess the original question still stands unanswered.

Now on to a question of mine. What speficially was the purpose of posting that chart with linear regression? In my opinion it was extremely random, and you expressed it in a way that implies everyone should find it obvious. It's as if I drew a trend line or had a moving average that priced bounced off of and replied "can you say T R E N D L I N E" or "can you say M O V I N G - A V E R A G E. Some clarification would help. :)

Your original question was why don't I automate.

I answered that.

------

That was a monthly chart.

Did you see how far back you had to go to see PRICE at these levels?

It looked like a support level to me. What do you SEE?

P.S. Made over 150 pips off that long entry.

Hello RumpledOne,

I have tried to download your NeverLoseAgain.zip (138.4 KB) file. But I am having trouble unzipping it, my computer says I need to know the program that wrote it. I have no problem with the download only opening the files. If you have any insight to what I am doing wrong it would be appreciated. I have googled the names of the files but that only left me more confused. I am trying to understand the trend and am hoping that the files would be a great start.:confused:

I answered that.

Yes, I guess you did. I just expected more since those reasons aren't really meaningful unless you only equate automation to set and forget. If those are your only reasons...great (whatever works for you). However, you have to understand that those are pretty meaningless to many who aren't looking for black box execution.

That was a monthly chart.

Did you see how far back you had to go to see PRICE at these levels?

It looked like a support level to me. What do you SEE?

P.S. Made over 150 pips off that long entry.

The reason why I ask is because you start this thread out with a very mechanical ENTRY system for FX. Then you randomly jump to a linear regression chart saying you saw something that looked like support and made over 150pips. There was no system explained such as where to start the linear regression and where one should look for entry, etc. Again, very random and pointless to anyone other than a complete newbie who has not fully realized the danger of hindsight perfection. :2c:

I answered that.

As HLM pointed out you give pretty good reasons why not to trade unattended (the only sensible way to do that in my view is to have broker execute or running on purpose designed infrastructure in a data centre such as that provided by strategy runner).

I'd also be interested to hear your thoughts on attended automation. Your entries seem eminently suitable to attended automation and anything that reduces the chance of execution error (either due to fat fingers or fear and procrastination) is surely a good thing?

The reason why I ask is because you start this thread out with a very mechanical ENTRY system for FX. Then you randomly jump to a linear regression chart saying you saw something that looked like support and made over 150pips. There was no system explained such as where to start the linear regression and where one should look for entry, etc

You mean more Sizzles, but where is the Steak ? :frustrated:

29fp55s.gif

Yes, I guess you did. I just expected more since those reasons aren't really meaningful unless you only equate automation to set and forget. If those are your only reasons...great (whatever works for you). However, you have to understand that those are pretty meaningless to many who aren't looking for black box execution.

The reason why I ask is because you start this thread out with a very mechanical ENTRY system for FX. Then you randomly jump to a linear regression chart saying you saw something that looked like support and made over 150pips. There was no system explained such as where to start the linear regression and where one should look for entry, etc. Again, very random and pointless to anyone other than a complete newbie who has not fully realized the danger of hindsight perfection. :2c:

Hindsight?

Did you see what happened AFTER I posted the chart?

Bump:

As HLM pointed out you give pretty good reasons why not to trade unattended (the only sensible way to do that in my view is to have broker execute or running on purpose designed infrastructure in a data centre such as that provided by strategy runner).

I'd also be interested to hear your thoughts on attended automation. Your entries seem eminently suitable to attended automation and anything that reduces the chance of execution error (either due to fat fingers or fear and procrastination) is surely a good thing?

Yes, attended automation is fine.

Bump:

See the chart above!!

Bump: 2a7zcbc.gif

Does anyone watch volume in Forex?

Bump: 2a7zcbc.gif

Does anyone watch volume in Forex?

Hindsight?

Did you see what happened AFTER I posted the chart?

You missed the main purpose of my comment...
...which is you seem to have randomly jumped off track without any explanation whatsoever. The hindsight comment was geared towards the idea that posting charts and saying one should of made money off of it is quite worthless without rules.

Also, if you want people to take you seriously on this forum, you might want to try and actually answer some questions with more than a few words. It will save everything some time. For example, you think attended automation is fine but have never tried it yourself or have had others try it with your system? If you did, and it failed, why?

These "random" trades seemed to work out...

8zo9dd.gif

sv43fk.gif

vne1yt.gif

1zx4f7l.gif

2crqzoo.gif

s58ojq.gif

Not bad for a few hours.

Bump:

You missed the main purpose of my comment...

...which is you seem to have randomly jumped off track without any explanation whatsoever. The hindsight comment was geared towards the idea that posting charts and saying one should of made money off of it is quite worthless without rules.

Also, if you want people to take you seriously on this forum, you might want to try and actually answer some questions with more than a few words. It will save everything some time. For example, you think attended automation is fine but have never tried it yourself or have had others try it with your system? If you did, and it failed, why?

Yes, I ran AutoAvery on TradeStation and it worked just fine after I got around all the TradeStation bugs.

Rules? This is TRADING.. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN! One must go with the flow because the market is ALWAYS RIGHT.

The currencies I posted were at extremes. So looking for a reversal seemed like a low risk trade at the time.

The only "rules" are how YOUR manage YOUR risk and YOUR money. NO ONE BUT YOU CAN DECIDE THAT.

People are free to "take me" any way they want.

Tell me where YOU post YOUR trades, methods, FREE indicators, FREE ebooks, etc...

Bump:

The "steak" is the over 300 pips I extracted from the GBPCHF trade.

THAT'S WHERE THE BEEF IS!!

Now, do you have a real question?

Edited by TheRumpledOne

Wow, did I hit a nerve? I have been very polite and have only been trying to get some simple questions answered. Maybe you should take one step back and look at my comments versus yours. By rules I meant how you started this thread...remember...H1 crossing this or that number, buy/sell. You started this thread out very mechanical in entry. If there is a mechanical type entry system to your most recent images, they have not been explained (or I have completely missed them). If you don't want people asking the same thing multiple times, try answering it fully the first time around...it does wonders. Take the hint, if it gets asked more than once, someone doesn't understand. Who knows, maybe this forum is a little more mature than many of the other forums you have been on (for now at least...as I watch so many new people flood in :\). Either way...happy trading. :)

Btw, I took your last question as being a rhetorical one.

Wow, did I hit a nerve? I have been very polite and have only been trying to get some simple questions answered. Maybe you should take one step back and look at my comments versus yours. By rules I meant how you started this thread...remember...H1 crossing this or that number, buy/sell. You started this thread out very mechanical in entry. If there is a mechanical type entry system to your most recent images, they have not been explained (or I have completely missed them). If you don't want people asking the same thing multiple times, try answering it fully the first time around...it does wonders. Take the hint, if it gets asked more than once, someone doesn't understand. Who knows, maybe this forum is a little more mature than many of the other forums you have been on (for now at least...as I watch so many new people flood in :\). Either way...happy trading. :)

Btw, I took your last question as being a rhetorical one.

Nerve? Not at all. There's always SOMEONE just like you in every crowd. If you don't like my answers then ask better questions.

SEE, you're "stuck" in "rules" mode.

I am talking about SEEING price, like in THE MATRIX. Once you SEE PRICE, you won't need rules, indicators, systems, etc...

Maturity has NOTHING to do with SEEING PRICE or TRADING.

Some people will GET IT.

Others will seek to GET IT.

Some will NEVER GET IT.

Since some people have learned and profited, I know I have communicated.