Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Live Indices Trades

Yeah it was a scalp with the potential for a follow through to the downside. I've marked out the entry and the exit on the following graph. 1378.00 was the measured move of the value area traded off

MP_3.png

To answer your question if the trade had potential at all. Remeber what the overall picture in this market is, and where the value areas are. In the following i've drawn in the market levels. Look at how the market is reacting at these points, and how it plays to the market structure and capital flow.

MP_4.png

Messing with that scalp caused me to take my eye of the ball. Made a school boy error and missed my main trade :doh:

See in the the chart below the value area that i marked out at the top of AB period (initial balance). We traded away from it, and came back to retest in i D period for a nice trade, but i was messing about with a scalp for 2pts :angry:

MP_6.png

I see you're still projecting your own troubles towards others.

Haven't they taught you that acceptance is the first step? :rofl:

Oh don't worry, I am in a very happy place with my drinking!:cool:

Long YM 517

Stop @ 502

Curious, what was the traded based on?

Today's action got me totally off my feet, I must admit. Figured any move above 520 was positive, but it only lasted for a short time and the only reason we got above seems to be because of news :\

Curious, what was the traded based on?

Today's action got me totally off my feet, I must admit. Figured any move above 520 was positive, but it only lasted for a short time and the only reason we got above seems to be because of news :\

erm, coin toss basically!

Well, in part due to the NQ not retracing like the YM did so as the NQ stayed strong, I figured the YM might follow it back up....

erm, coin toss basically!

Well, in part due to the NQ not retracing like the YM did so as the NQ stayed strong, I figured the YM might follow it back up....

Yeah that was another reason I felt reasonable comfortable in my longs ...

Although have to say, I am still very bearish on this instrument. Got wrong footed today.

short dow fut 12549 stop 12571

Out at 480 for a +69 (always nice :o)

Think I trailed my stops too close though.

Edited by firewalker
colours

Messing with that scalp caused me to take my eye of the ball. Made a school boy error and missed my main trade :doh:

See in the the chart below the value area that i marked out at the top of AB period (initial balance). We traded away from it, and came back to retest in i D period for a nice trade, but i was messing about with a scalp for 2pts :angry:

I try to focus on 'main trades' alone and forget about scalps.

But well done on the points today :thumbs up:

Out at 480 for a 69 (always nice :o)

Think I trailed my stops too close though.

nice points :applaud:

why short at 545 though? I have nothing there... only 520 and 570

spot on entry, care to tell us how you managed that one so well :)

small bounce of 460 imo, I still think break is imminent

i'm calling it a day with 4 ES points in the bag. Got stopped out on my first trade for -2pts, then traded back 6pts. Totally kicking myself tho, because i made a right hash of today. :crap:

4 ES pts still better than nothing i guess.

nice points :applaud:

why short at 545 though? I have nothing there... only 520 and 570

spot on entry, care to tell us how you managed that one so well :)

small bounce of 460 imo, I still think break is imminent

I have a 5minute chart going back weeks with an upper trendline at that point (i'll post later).

i also think that 440 will be a double bottom and up from here - though no real evidence for that yet.