Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

strtedat22

DOM for Open E Cry Vs TS Tape

Greeting fellow traders,

Open E Cry has been the best thing since slide bread. Just wanted to tell everyone that ;) For the past few months now ive been studying the DOM. I believe i have a firm grasp on it but im still having a hard time deciphering it. I know the DOM is different from the tape that TS provides but TS blows and never going back to them. Whats the big difference between the two? I love the DOM but the tape provided by TS has its perks.

Thanks,

strtedat22

DOM ladder shows waiting orders aka Depth Of Market. Some of which are real and some that are fake and will disappear before being filled.

Tape as in T&S is actually printed orders that have filled.

DOM ladder shows waiting orders aka Depth Of Market. Some of which are real and some that are fake and will disappear before being filled.

Tape as in T&S is actually printed orders that have filled.

Well said, don't waste your time on DOM, focus on T and S or trade with price and volume, which is the same as T and S with a different graphical representation. Also as reported by some other OEC customers they have had major problems lately and appear to suffer from a lack of redundancy.

Well said, don't waste your time on DOM, focus on T and S or trade with price and volume, which is the same as T and S with a different graphical representation. Also as reported by some other OEC customers they have had major problems lately and appear to suffer from a lack of redundancy.

i agree on the last sentence. I just thought it was my system that was acting up until they sent me a message regarding the server issue. i swing so i wasnt caught while in a position. but i make a nice penny today 3-12-2008 when i shorted the daile R1 :cool:

Thanks for the input everyone

i agree on the last sentence. I just thought it was my system that was acting up until they sent me a message regarding the server issue. i swing so i wasnt caught while in a position. but i make a nice penny today 3-12-2008 when i shorted the daile R1 :cool:

Thanks for the input everyone

sorry for the typos :crap: