Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Donald

Which indicators you like and why

So I've been messing with the indicators and learning about them. Made me curious what does the majority use here and why?

Currently I'm using Bollinger Bands, Awesome Oscillator, Moving Average, Belkhayate Timing and Parabolic SAR.

From all these Belkhayate is my favourite so far, it almost only made me win trades. While Parabolic is almost like MA, I still can read it more clearly on how the market moves.

I use them because a lot of traders stick with them. It’s like a self full-filling prophecy. When a lot of people use a specific tool it will become true. They are great in normal conditions, but when something unpredictable happens at the market they are less reliable.

Most amateurs never get beyond

'So I've been messing with the indicators and learning about them'

And repeating the same ludicrous shit from the sheep mantra songsheet ( albeit in pidgeon Engish these days)

Yeah.. surely

For example-' I use them because a lot of traders stick with them. It’s like a self full-filling prophecy'

The only self fullfilling phrophecy in the market is that most amateurs will fail.

You can't call yourself a trader unless you make money trading.

Well hey. Everyone has to start somewhere, I was just simply curious on what people use in general. Forums and the Beginner Forum specifically are here for a reason after all.

Meanwhile you could also tell us what is a good method to practice so we don't fail.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Donald said:

Well hey. Everyone has to start somewhere, I was just simply curious on what people use in general. Forums and the Beginner Forum specifically are here for a reason after all.

Meanwhile you could also tell us what is a good method to practice so we don't fail.

Sure. It's £1200.00 per hour plus VAT. When would you like to book?

You get a free consultation (telephone)

Average total  client pays  £12,000.00

But I have an unusual disclaimer.

The first line reads: 'Statistically, in trading the market (any market) you will lose all your money (because a loser is a loser).'

Not a single one of my clients has become profitable on a long term basis. Unfortunately, easy money completely ruins the average persons ability to access their own common sense..Thats 207 people from all walks of life

Teaching someone to trade is a lot like arguing with a neo liberal. A  complete waste of time. You cannot argue with people who have cognitive dissonance. They just get angry and no amount of evidence will convince them of their own stupidity.

Similarly you cannot teach a loser to trade. Even with inside information, the ability to cheat, access to law makers in order to move the goal posts and the ability to be bailed out no matter what laws were broken and regardless of financial or even human cost.

See- recent global financial crisis- for the list of people who couldn't, even with all advantages listed above, trade profitably  on a simulator, let alone with real money.

But.. to quote you.. 'hey' go ahead and give it a go.

Now for the last line of my disclaimer (which also serves as a contract)

'Unfortunately, a situation may arise in which you could forfeit the initial £1200.00 deposit (plus VAT) if it is deemed that you may be wasting both of our time (Your time is just as lmportant as mine). In which case the service will be terminated immediately.... blahblah

Edited by mitsubishi

I like to use RSI indicator and it is very successful. Generally, i follow a few basic steps to enter to trade. The best thing of using RSI indicaor is simplicity. For example, i use the tactics which is in these RSI Guide article.

3 hours ago, PAOptions said:

None. Price action is all I need.

how inane... it's like posting in a 'what kind of car do you like?' thread about how you only take uber.

But that's how we roll around here... talking about indicators in price action threads... talking about price action in  indicator threads...

Noobies,

PAn said "Indicators are absolutely worthless"

To be more accurate, PAn should have posted "Indicators are absolutely worthless to me."

Indicators are like any other measure or representation - worthless if you don’t know how to use them.  When I first started trading I studied indicators in depth then moved on... it was not until many years later when I got into automation that indicators and learning how and WHEN to use them became not “absolutely worthless”  but extremely valuable.

PAn, somewhere a noob is in a Price Action thread trying to integrate new material.  Someone like you pops up and says “Price action trading is absolutely worthless. Indicators are all I need” .  Helpful?      No.   To really be accurate PAn should have posted nothing at all in this thread...