Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Support Center Have any questions regarding the site? Submit a support ticket here. Check this section for announcements also.

Like Tree22Likes
Old 06-12-2012, 05:53 AM   #73

Ignore this user

Re: Off Topic and Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMarketScientist »
That is not true, I only delete posts where insults are being thrown around. If someone questions a vendor (without insults) and he doesn't respond appropriately (or not at all), the original question stays and the whole world will see the vendor doesn't like to answer questions. Further, when possible, I try to edit the posts to just remove the insults but to keep the intent of the post intact. This takes a lot of my time!

I do not favor vendors at all. They are all identified and are told strictly any advertisements are not allowed and will be removed. If there are any posts where you believe there is an advertisement please report the specific post. I went through this entire thread and removed all mention of classes\etc by Roger. He has also been warned not to mention them again. In addition, we will be actively monitoring this.

I am not protecting him - if you recall my previous post this subject came up because of an entirely different thread - the TA Debunked one. Roger has been dealt with - he will moderated more closely. All his advertisements have been removed.

MMS
Post 19 is an advertisement, Post 36 is an advertisement. Post 49 is an advertisement, Post 63 I will call an advertizement, Post 67 is an advertizement. There are about 8 or 9 posts so about 1/2 are advertizements blended in with whining about being mistreated. It looks like he is a lot of work.

If you removed some, then there were a lot more.

I am not trying to be mean to the guy, but I do not recall a single post that he authored that added any value to this thread or this site in any way. Others, such as Steve46, whether you agree with his method or not, has added value to the site. I might be mistaken, but all I have seen Roger do is solicit and defend his business.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #74

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouse »
Post 19 is an advertisement, Post 36 is an advertisement. Post 49 is an advertisement, Post 63 I will call an advertizement, Post 67 is an advertizement. There are about 8 or 9 posts so about 1/2 are advertizements blended in with whining about being mistreated. It looks like he is a lot of work.

If you removed some, then there were a lot more.

I am not trying to be mean to the guy, but I do not recall a single post that he authored that added any value to this thread or this site in any way. Others, such as Steve46, whether you agree with his method or not, has added value to the site. I might be mistaken, but all I have seen Roger do is solicit and defend his business.
My apologies, MM. I received a PM from MMS clarifying the matter. I didn't understand how offering to help TL members whom I can never under anycircumstances accept money from would be considered advertising. But, by the rules here, it is. I understand and will withdraw the free help offer and make no such offers going forward. My mistake and it will not happen again. Thanks.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #75

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosu »
No one in this thread offered to become your "tuition paying student." LOL

Either you are a complete nincompoop or you are such a hardcore vendor that when someone says "tuition" you hear the loud sound of a cash register in your brain that overwhelms your ability to reason.

People who don't hear the KA-CHING! can see by the context that the person obviously meant "instruction, training, tutelage, etc." IOW, he was accepting your offer to provide such services that you keep dangling to the membership here like you would a carrot in front of a mule.

In any case, once again you have misstated facts to fit your narrative. Regardless, I give you credit for being a character.
When I went to college, I paid a tuition...a lot of tuitions, in fact. Technically, it was a tuition fee...a fee for knowledge. But it was always referred to as, "paid my tuition" and somehow that always meant "get out my wallet". If he did not mean it in that sense, then it was a misunderstanding, not a misstatement of facts. In any case, I declined his offer so I'll have to go with nincompoop.

So, to please everyone, all offers of free assistance are withdrawn and none will be made in the futrue here at TL. It was a very bad idea and I apologize for offending so many by offering free help. Kind gestures aren't always taken in the spirit they were given.

Last edited by Roger Felton; 06-12-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #76

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaktri »
...I have noticed that some of the 'teachers' on this site are no longer posting. I would be very curious to determine why that is. If I were running the site, I would try to figure out why this is, as I would want to create an environment where they would continue to post. I do not know if it was or was not related to the sometimes constant probing/prodding of the students, but it may have been, and it would be good to know...
Hi Scott,
I see this was your first post. I think you should let "teachers" know that they are not alone in the classroom. If you (everyone) participate more, you will get more...imvho...
Tams and robm like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Obsidian For This Useful Post:
MadMarketScientist (06-12-2012)
Old 06-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #77

Ignore this user

I restrict my comments about others to things I know are true and I am prepared to prove, .. primarily because it's the right thing to do., ..but also because 'Libel' is a 'Felony' punishable by imprisonment for up to 5 years and a fine of up to $2,500 under 'Criminal Law'. ..

besides the obvious 'Civil' penalties.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #78

Ignore this user

Thanked 1,663 Times in 1,010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tams »
I had my posts deleted by a moderator because I disagreed with his view. I think that is wrong.

I don't know if this person is still a moderator, but I see he posts here once in awhile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMarketScientist »
Hi,

I assure you that will never happen again. I am the only moderator and these are the guidelines I've been following:
1. no personal attacks
2. off topic posts *only* where others have complained directly to me

thx
MMS
What about this list of moderators ?

Traders Laboratory - Show Groups
Old 06-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #79

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tams »
What about this list of moderators ?

Traders Laboratory - Show Groups
All remnants of the past - just haven't had time to remove them yet. Thanks for showing me this list, I will cleanup right away.

MMS

Featured Brokers include:
NinjaTrader

Featured Services:
INO Trading Course
The Following User Says Thank You to MadMarketScientist For This Useful Post:
Tams (06-27-2012)

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: