Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

The Healthy Trader Let's share information on what it takes to maintain a healthy trading lifestyle. To be at the top of your game you have to take care of yourself -- here we'll all share how we do that, or should do that.

Like Tree14Likes
Old 06-21-2012, 07:05 AM   #9

Ignore this user

Re: How to Be a Trader and Having a Family Life?

Fair play to all the guys trading, have a full time job and a family ... fricken hard!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pa18 For This Useful Post:
dressesshort (07-08-2012), fitsolemens (08-29-2012)
Old 06-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #10

Ignore this user

The only way you can trade from home if you trade a different market at night with wife and kids sleeping.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xioxxio For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #11
zdo

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosu »
Sounds to me your kid gets it fine and has the parents trained well. You might be moanin' and bitchin' but you're still paying for private grad school.
Hell yes she gets it fine! Fortunately this one is genuinely appreciative that she isn't piling up huge debt... college costs are in a bubble these days...

Quote:
I just shrug and ask why not just send them to a cheaper school?
We want the best for our kids. Hopefully this means we could provide not a thing if that was the right thing to do ... her sincere vision takes her on over the top with us... so with this particular kid, it is a privilege.

Quote:
Maybe I just don't get it because I worked and borrowed my own way through school. The usual retort I get back is that I don't understand because I don't have kids. Let's just say I avoid gathering with friends who have kids. Dull doesn't begin to describe it.
Retort: You don't understand because you don't have kids
Yep "Dull" really doesn't begin to describe it! A huge percentage of kids are very painful and hard work - seriously

Quote:
I know this thread is about "how to be a trader and have a family life," but it seems like it should be "how to be a trader while dealing with the wife and kids."

"how to be a trader and have a family life," does equal "how to be a trader while dealing with the wife and kids." Your not being in full knowing of that makes me think you should be just listening instead of sniping things twds off topic. This topic is about ways to pull off both trading and family successfully... and btw, "successfully" doesn't mean you have to be a great family guy 100% of the time... just be really there for them at the really important times ... hm some of the same virtues that are required for successful trading...

Quote:
Where is the happy family life of a trader depicted in any of the comments??
Few traders have a happy family life. In my own life, I consider my greatest 'trading' accomplishment to be still married to the same girl after all these years. Looking back it seems to me the most important thing was to learn how to make distinct clicks back and forth ...because left to run it's typical course -
family can POISON trading and
trading can POISON family!

khamore1 nailed it
Quote:
The only way one can be a trader and have a family life is being a profitable trader …

don’t even try to dream you can be a loser and have a family life….

Never happened before… it is not going to happened in the future
I nominate that for Post of the Year. MMS give that boy an Award!
khamore1 likes this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zdo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #12

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdo »

"how to be a trader and have a family life," does equal "how to be a trader while dealing with the wife and kids." Your not being in full knowing of that makes me think you should be just listening instead of sniping things twds off topic. This topic is about ways to pull off both trading and family successfully... and btw, "successfully" doesn't mean you have to be a great family guy 100% of the time... just be really there for them at the really important times ... hm some of the same virtues that are required for successful trading...

Few traders have a happy family life. In my own life, I consider my greatest 'trading' accomplishment to be still married to the same girl after all these years. Looking back it seems to me the most important thing was to learn how to make distinct clicks back and forth ...because left to run it's typical course -
family can POISON trading and
trading can POISON family!

khamore1 nailed it
I nominate that for Post of the Year. MMS give that boy an Award!
You need to shut up about me going off topic because you are MR. OFF TOPIC himself.

I don't have kids but that doesn't mean I can't see through bullshit complaining about kids. Just like I don't have an Italian sports car but I can see through my friend's bullshit complaining about how much it cost to get it back from the shop.

Your response extolling the virtues of your kid proves my point! You like the fact of being able to pay your kid's way through expensive, out of state, private grad school. Stop your bitching and moaning and enjoy it!

It's similar to my friend who LOVES the fact he can afford the maintenance costs of his baby. The last time we were out for a drive I told him to swing by Costco so I could pick up some stuff. It was a joke because I knew there was no way in hell he would risk the shopping carts.

Congrats on having a great kid.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gosu For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #13

Ignore this user

Quote; ZDO
I nominate that for Post of the Year. MMS give that boy an Award

A “Boy”? I’m older than your grandpa

I have an experience with this subject because I went through five wives
each account I blew up I had to get a new wife...Lol
bobcollett, gosu and SIUYA like this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khamore1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #14

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamore1 »
Quote; ZDO
I nominate that for Post of the Year. MMS give that boy an Award

A “Boy”? I’m older than your grandpa

I have an experience with this subject because I went through five wives
each account I blew up I had to get a new wife...Lol
Well, you know what to do if you want to get rid of the next one or if you really like her, then stop trading.
khamore1 likes this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MightyMouse For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #15

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamore1 »
Quote; ZDO
...I have an experience with this subject because I went through five wives...
got 2 so far...hmm 5 that is lots of patience
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Obsidian For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2015, 05:22 AM   #16

Ignore this user

The goal when trading for a living is of course to have a reliable and consistent revenue stream, but that will take time to achieve, and having to bear the daily fluctuations of your income can be tough on the psyche, so be ready for it.

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: