Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Tams

Free EasyLanguage Indicators

I will be sharing my EasyLanguage Indicators here.

Some of the codes are of my own creation.

Others are public license open source stuff that I have modified.

ZigZag JJs

A must have for all Price Action traders!

There are quite a few versions of ZigZag on the web.

I like this version because it is very sensitive.

The author is unknown. If you know of him, please post his credit here.

The original version only works in minute, and slower fractals.

I have modified the code to work with second charts, tick charts and volume bar charts.

ZigZag.gif.63b0a9e5b972f2c2fe384b838458f296.gif

ZigZag_JJs.txt

Edited by Tams

Price Action HH / LL with horizontal lines

Another indicator for Price Action traders.

This popular indicator labels HH / LL on the chart.

I have added the option to show horizontal lines at HH / LL points,

so that you can visualize the Support / Resistance areas.

HH_LL_w_Lines.gif.ae3fe01a5c9356290c6faab09565b889.gif

HH_LL_Line.txt

Thanks for sharing. I particularly love the HH/LL indicator. So many new traders can't grasp this concept and to have it literally spelled out for them is a very powerful learning tool.

Kudos to you!

fyi - on compile with the HH/LL darkyellow isn't recognized by TS so you'll need to change it to like red or green to get it verified.

Thanks for the heads up.

My mistake; I use MultiCharts, I did not know DarkYellow is only supported in MultiCharts.

For the benefit of all users, attached is a list of EasyLanguage supported colors.

EasyLanguage_colors.thumb.gif.98db3cc43df6c7a21181f414f6d34146.gif

I haven't actually gotten it to work in TS yet.... what do I need to make it into... an indicator, show me?

I've tried a couple different things but haven't gotten it to show up on the charts yet.

yes, you need to make it an indicator.

1. copy the code into your editor,

2. compile

3. after successful compilation, insert the indicator into your chart.

yes, you need to make it an indicator.

1. copy the code into your editor,

2. compile

3. after successful compilation, insert the indicator into your chart.

Hi,

I tried to compile your zigzag, but it gave a syntax error at this line:

SwingTime(time_s)

Error message: Word not recognized by EasyLanguage

Unfortunately I am not an EasyLanguage expert, could someone compile it into an indicator? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

SwingTime(time_s)

Unfortunately I am not an EasyLanguage expert, could someone compile it into an indicator? Thanks in advance.

What program are you using?

SwingTime is a declared variable. It should not give you problem.

That leaves only time_s. But this is a reserved word, i.e. the word is built into TradeStation and MultiCharts.

Hi,

SwingTime(time_s)

you can try this: replace time_s with a zero.

change

SwingTime(time_s) ;

to

SwingTime(0) ;

Thanks for sharing. I particularly love the HH/LL indicator. So many new traders can't grasp this concept and to have it literally spelled out for them is a very powerful learning tool.

Kudos to you!

if you combine ZigZag with the HH/LL indicator...

the chart will give you a whole new vision.

;-)

That leaves only time_s. But this is a reserved word, i.e. the word is built into TradeStation and MultiCharts.

Thank you for your contributions, Tam, and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, Tradestation (TS) does not have timing in seconds resolution and time_s is not a reserved word in TS EasyLanguage (EL). so you should preface a lot of your MC EL trendline code by noting that it may not be TS compatible.

For example, most of the functions with seconds resolution in MC, such as time_s, TL_SetEnd_s, TL_SetBegin_s etc need to be replaced with their equivalent TS versions such as: time, TL_SetEnd, TL_SetBegin.

Another caveat is that MC can handle EL errors, especially trendline code errors, without throwing up exception as much as TS. What you will find is that TS will often not plot MC trendline codes at all and you have to debug the program completely when moving from MC to TS.

Thank you for your contributions, Tam, and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, Tradestation (TS) does not have timing in seconds resolution and time_s is not a reserved word in TS EasyLanguage (EL). so you should preface a lot of your MC EL trendline code by noting that it may not be TS compatible.

For example, most of the functions with seconds resolution in MC, such as time_s, TL_SetEnd_s, TL_SetBegin_s etc need to be replaced with their equivalent TS versions such as: time, TL_SetEnd, TL_SetBegin.

Another caveat is that MC can handle EL errors, especially trendline code errors, without throwing up exception as much as TS. What you will find is that TS will often not plot MC trendline codes at all and you have to debug the program completely when moving from MC to TS.

Thanks for the heads up.

Somehow I always thought time_s is a standard reserved word in TradeStation.

In that case, I better make 2 versions of each code, if seconds are involved.

HL Bracket v2.2

This program marks the High and Low of n bars back.

Useful as a guide for stops, break outs, scalping, etc.

The number will reverse color when the price breaches the bracket.

Hi Tams,

I tried to compile your HH-LL EasyLanguage text in TS and renamed the colours into red and green. The indicator was sucesfully compiled, but.. when I imported it in TS I just saw an empty window. I changed the format in such way that the indicator should plot in the price graph, but with no visible result. Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I have attached the indicator in .eld format using green and red as preferred colours.

HH_LL.ELD

there is some re-coding you will need to do on his HH-LL eld. Although its an eld, its from Multicharts and appears to have some "disappearing" act for products that have small values. e.g it appears for HangSeng but disappears for me for USDJPY.

Hi Tams,

I tried to compile your HH-LL EasyLanguage text in TS and renamed the colours into red and green. The indicator was sucesfully compiled, but.. when I imported it in TS I just saw an empty window. I changed the format in such way that the indicator should plot in the price graph, but with no visible result. Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I have attached the indicator in .eld format using green and red as preferred colours.

Please give this a try.

This is the original written in TradeStation.

(It does not have the lines I added.)

HH_LL_TradeStation.txt

Edited by Tams

Awesome Oscillator

Bill Williams

This oscillator is popular with forex traders, but can be applied to any market.

Both the AO (Awesome Oscillaor) and AC (Accelarator) are included in this indicator.

Just format the option to either True or False.

Bill William had the moving averages set at 5, 34.

I have made it user adjustable, so that you can experiment with your own settings.

9464d1234903506-free-easylanguage-indicators-ao_ac.gif

AO_AC.gif.3fee9e76e483954efe7aad8fc69575a3.gif

AO_AC_(TS).txt

Edited by Tams