Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Ingot54

To Arm or to Disarm.

EXCUSE ME, but Christianity HAS NOTHING to do with this person blogging some lessor known facts about the Connecticut massacre:

URGENT UPDATE on Connecticut Shooting « Short Little Rebel

Just because I'm a buddhist, doesn't mean I can't post my opinions and facts of events... and I'm a big boy to keep Buddha out of it. Or, do you feel only lib-nut atheists are allowed to post? Are you trying to take that right away too?

-

I hope you are posting this as entertainment. It is entertaining and I hope you have not developed an opinion from it.

Its also entertaining that you label liberals - people who traditionally are champions of the poor as atheists and conservatives, people who are champions of the rich and all things right as non-atheist.

Simply, you are entertaining. I would be even more amused if I could watch you speak while using roller skates

What do you guys know about the story of Adam Lanza's father was due to testify against the Libor scandal where billions of dollars have been scammed over the last few years?
You mean the son was supposed to knock off dear old dad instead of mom? And the elementary school was just a cover.

Edited laughing smiley out because the story (the real one) isn't a laughing matter:

There's not possible way to "bear" a F-22 fighter aircraft or a missile.........

Why not? You and I can't. But Gates, Buffett and other billionaires surely can if they so wished and were allowed.

I hope you are posting this as entertainment. It is entertaining and I hope you have not developed an opinion from it.

Simply, you are entertaining. I would be even more amused if I could watch you speak while using roller skates

Did you mean you wanted to watch me speak while I use roller skates or you wanted to watch me speak while you use the skates?

Anyway watch this and tell me if its entertaining enough

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7d2Syxw01U]super girl on roller skates - YouTube[/ame]

Freedom for all! Except my black slaves until we have class warfare.
And women the right to vote as well as white men that weren't land owners and ...... and ......

Test of time, hmmmmmm.

matrix doesn't accept the notion of an imperfect union continuing striving to improve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smmatrix »

Just because I'm a buddhist, ........

Whaaaaaaaaat?

And an advocate for gun ownership. :rofl:

LOL... this is entertainment, don't take it too seriously !

I don't expect to be arguing the pro's and con's of the position

NRA or the Gun Lobby here, but today there was an interview

of Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX).

He said that an armed teacher or principal could have taken

the killer’s “head off before he can kill those precious kids."

What a fabulous essay. And I don't care if it belongs here or not because traders are "ordinary citizens" too! You are such a logical minded non extremist I wish you were not so rare. Its horrifying how black and white people are on this issue. You said:

It is time for the gun lobby to relinquish their position on assault weapons

This is one of the "roots" of the entire problem. In fact to be on the same playing field as the NRA, govt via demand from its citizens need to motivate lawmakers who take soft money or do favors for the NRA as being very inappropriate and a danger to their career! Possibly they should undergo lie deteector tests or be put under scrutiny because as you said "The very need to go out and get licensed to carry a concealed weapon is in itself a sign of an unbalanced mentality..........so, this means that the politicians and those who lobby for even more gun freedom than we have now including the owners of these gun manufacterers...perhaps they should be seen or presented by the media as predators themselves. Do we not look at a gangbanger who runs with a pack of thugs ,and killing just for any slight and in many,many gangs a must do as an initiatin into the gang, are they not looked at as predators? Of course. So why should the men who build entire factories, knowing so,so many of their guns are going to be used illegally, how can they not be called predators themselves?

Example: The NRA touting themselves as torch carriers for "American Freedom" make about as much sense as calling a mobster like Al Capone "not such a bad guy" because he donates hundreds of thousands of dollars to charity every year!

Ye,after all is said and done, the pendulum has swung so far IMHO, I myself, who have no desire to ever carry a gun, let alone buy one, am seriously considering getting one. It just may be that America MAY soon turn into the wild west as even now gangs and thugs roam beyond their treacherous small areas into the mainstream of society,that NOT carrying a gun may make as much sense as being in the military and not knowing how to shoot a gun. God help us but at the rate gangs,apathy towards victims, and all this rediculous "over-concern" for the perpetrators rights over the victim and their families...we might even have pockets of anarchy where there are places not safe even for the police, I will end this by asking every one of you:

Is there any man who would dare walk around ANY part of Laredo,TX day and night? Oh you didnt know that it is the main area of the US for murders of Law Enforcement agents and citizens alike as it sits right on the Mexican border! When was the last time any of you said to a buddy "Lets drive thru an inner-city at night just to see what really goes on there." You would not dare! Well guess what? They are now "daring" to come into your areas...and slowly take over,little by little. Do we wait for some kind of Civil War or a cry for Martial law to be put into effect before we do something either for or against carrying a gun? There "is" room for both sides to give good reason to____. But in the end, if we wind up in a society where guns can be rented like CD's from a vending machine(It is that way now in many.many inner cities) will it be too late to discuss anything!!!?

I'm a buddhist.

Whaaaaaaaaat?

And an advocate for gun ownership. :rofl:

Gandhi was pro-gun. duhhhh!

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

- Mahatma Gandhi, "Gandhi, An Autobiography", M. K. Gandhi, page 372

Edited by smmatrix

I'm a buddhist.

Gandi was pro-gun. duhhhh!

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

- Mahatma Gandhi, "Gandhi, An Autobiography", M. K. Gandhi, page 372

Two comments I found without looking very hard:

"Arms" in this context were military arms not the personal weapons of private individuals. The context of "depriving of the whole nation of arms" was the refusal of the British to conscript Indians into the British Army during the First World War. Gandhi was an extreme anti-militarist. The statement is odd coming out of him, but he used the circumstance for political purposes to advance the cause of Home Rule and Independence"

and

"Your quote, though interesting, is taken way out of context. This is actually an excerpt from a leaflet Gandhi was passing around to gain recruits to fight for Britain during World War I. Organizers of a war conference, which Gandhi wanted to attend, quoted the leaflet as a way of illustrating that their political views differed from Gandhi's. In order to boot the British out of India, Gandhi engaged in many savvy, polemical activities designed to move India toward Home Rule. Distribution of this leaflet was apparently one of them. He certainly did not include the leaflet quote in his autobiography to support any opinion, one way or the other, on gun control. Reading the quote in context makes this crystal, sparkling clear. The passage in which the quote occurs has absolutely nothing to do with gun control or gun legislation.

Furthermore, to the best of my knowledge, at no point in Gandhi's 90-volume collected writings does he ever express a belief in an individual's right to keep and bear arms. It would certainly be weird if he did. If Gandhi will be remembered for anything, it will be for his passionate dedication to two principles. The first is ahimsa, a Hindu vow to never consciously injure another living creature. The second is satyagraha, the belief that non-violent methods are the only methods that should ever be used to resist injustice and tyranny. The leaflet quote simply doesn't reflect Gandhi's actual beliefs in any way."

And I would hope and expect anyone else who is a buddist or for that matter a follower of any religion or spiritual calling. I know it is not the case. But in those situations the belief is .... hypocrisy.

Edited by SunTrader

Other interesting quotes:

Adolf Hitler: "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.”

John F. Kennedy: "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

The Dalai Lama: "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it

would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

Benjamin Franklin: Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Thomas Jefferson: "The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

George Mason: "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."

George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Thomas Jefferson: "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

Alan Dershowitz: "Foolish liberals who are trying to read the Second Amendment out of the Constitution by claiming it's not an individual right or that it's too much of a public safety hazard, don't see the danger in the big picture. They're courting disaster by encouraging others to use the same means to eliminate portions of the Constitution they don't like."

Samual Adams: "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

St. Augustine: "Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."

Aristotle: “Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.”

Charles A. Beard: ‘‘You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence.’’

Ayn Rand: "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."

Two comments I found without looking very hard:

"Arms" in this context were military arms not the personal weapons of private individuals. The context of "depriving of the whole nation of arms" was the refusal of the British to conscript Indians into the British Army during the First World War. Gandhi was an extreme anti-militarist. The statement is odd coming out of him, but he used the circumstance for political purposes to advance the cause of Home Rule and Independence"

and

"Your quote, though interesting, is taken way out of context. This is actually an excerpt from a leaflet Gandhi was passing around to gain recruits to fight for Britain during World War I. Organizers of a war conference, which Gandhi wanted to attend, quoted the leaflet as a way of illustrating that their political views differed from Gandhi's. In order to boot the British out of India, Gandhi engaged in many savvy, polemical activities designed to move India toward Home Rule. Distribution of this leaflet was apparently one of them. He certainly did not include the leaflet quote in his autobiography to support any opinion, one way or the other, on gun control. Reading the quote in context makes this crystal, sparkling clear. The passage in which the quote occurs has absolutely nothing to do with gun control or gun legislation.

I'm calling it bullshit. Pure lib-nut bullshit trying to change the meaning of words. The quote is in his Autobiorgraphy on page 372, not a leaflet as you put it.

Gandhi wrote in Chapter 27, "The Recruiting Campaign," in his autobiography, My Experiments with Truth.

Go to the library. Get the book. Read it.

It's not a leaflet.

Edited by smmatrix

I'm calling it bullshit. Pure lib-nut bullshit trying to change the meaning of words. The quote is in his Autobiorgraphy on page 372, not a leaflet as you put it.

Gandhi wrote in Chapter 27, "The Recruiting Campaign," in his autobiography, My Experiments with Truth.

Go to the library!! It ain't no leaflet.

Read it again.The quote in his autobiography is from the leaflet originally.

And read where I said I found these comments. Not wrote them. Just like you found the quote to begin with.

So go ahead make yourself feel all warm and fuzzy believing a complete and total pacifist believes, by insinuation, that Americans should have assault rifles for "protection and sport".

Just make sure if you have any Jack's or Jill's in family to dress them in their armor-proofing children's outfits before sending them off to the school bus-stop each morning.

It’s funny how this thread is so full of projections - posters with one position suddenly getting associated with hole stereotypes ...

Examples of those who have gotten stereotyped by these projections:

smmatrix

MightyMouse

these are isolated examples ( and btw, both of them took it and dished it too :rofl:)

Other names withheld to protect the guilty :)

Please do not leave me off that list - I do not need protection ... I have decided to take Smmatrix' advice, and go for some f'ing, whopping great bit of ballistic ordnance so flaming fearsome, that even I need to be blindfolded just to take it out of is box!

You will require a forklift to move the 15 rounds of ammo around!

I won't attempt to describe it in masculine terms here, but if you PM me, I can put you in touch with someone who can supply the 'roids for you to be able to handle it!

Natural testerone will never be enough! The instructions say you need to wear a lead-coated singlet, and your lead-coated undies need to be worn on the outside of your fatigues when firing it!

5aa71191bb04e_Hi-techgunowner-dontmesswithhim.jpg.efd6d3662998a891e4f48d8c607c35ab.jpg

So go ahead make yourself feel all warm and fuzzy believing a complete and total pacifist believes, by insinuation, that Americans should have assault rifles for "protection and sport".

I suppose its quite difficult to misinterpret the Dalai Lama's statement, or has the lib-nuts figured that out too?

The Dalai Lama said:

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

I remain... a buddhist.