Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Ingot54

To Arm or to Disarm.

I grew up in Indiana. Graduated Indiana University. Spent 6 years in the Marine Corps. Have since lived the last five years in Asia (China, Philippines and Hong Kong). Back in Vegas now.

Did the way I grow up differ from many others here? I think we mostly all are all intelligent here and independent thinkers. Some will be pawns of the liberal media, but most of us are smart methinks.

Just question everything!!

I will ask you a question:

If banning guns would prevent another Sandyhook elementary school shooting, would preventing that from happening again be enough of a trade off for you to give up your weapons?

I will ask you a question:

If banning guns would prevent another Sandyhook elementary school shooting, would preventing that from happening again be enough of a trade off for you to give up your weapons?

If there was 100% assurance that future Sandy Hook tragedies could be prevented by giving up my weapon, I would definitely volunteer it. However, no such thing could ever happen because the crazies would find other methods to wreck havoc, whether it be a pipe bomb or some other dirty type bomb, the chaotic events will continue to take place.

Are you suggesting we need massive Gov't control to control the sale of every piece of steel tubing, nails or fertilizer? Even if the Gov't did control those items, the crazies will find other methods. What will please you man?... more gov't control and accountability?

Here's an article which shows how gun crimes have soared after England banned guns. Bring yourself into the loop with regard to the recent England gun ban passing:

Gun Crime Soars in England Where Guns Are Banned - Katie Pavlich

So, I'm a law abiding citizen and I want to follow your lead and I give up my AR-15 at the Gov't request. Are you really that naive to think gun crimes will cease to exists? What I see is the honest people without a means to protect themselves, while the nut jobs can have a field day with us picking us off.

Bottom line: An armed nation assures our liberty and I want nothing more than to have everyone around me, my neighbors, absolutely everyone to be armed if the shit ever hits the fan. Open your eyes and look at the world around you man. My weapon exists... just in case!!

As I detailed in an earlier post about with several gov'ts banning weapons from its citizens and the exterminations that later took place. Our 2nd amendment protects against EXACTLY that:

'A well regulated Militia' is 'necessary' for the 'security of a free State,' and that 'the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.'

Give up that right and you just opened to Gov't tyrannical moves against your family. Give up your guns, but I'll protect my family to the end.

If there was 100% assurance that future Sandy Hook tragedies could be prevented by giving up my weapon, I would definitely volunteer it. However, no such thing could ever happen because the crazies would find other methods to wreck havoc, whether it be a pipe bomb or some other dirty type bomb, the chaotic events will continue to take place.

Are you suggesting we need massive Gov't control to control the sale of every piece of steel tubing, nails or fertilizer? Even if the Gov't did control those items, the crazies will find other methods. What will please you man?... more gov't control and accountability?

Here's an article which shows how gun crimes have soared after England banned guns. Bring yourself into the loop with regard to the recent England gun ban passing:

Gun Crime Soars in England Where Guns Are Banned - Katie Pavlich

So, I'm a law abiding citizen and I want to follow your lead and I give up my AR-15 at the Gov't request. Are you really that naive to think gun crimes will cease to exists? What I see is the honest people without a means to protect themselves, while the nut jobs can have a field day with us picking us off.

Bottom line: An armed nation assures our liberty and I want nothing more than to have everyone around me, my neighbors, absolutely everyone to be armed if the shit ever hits the fan. Open your eyes and look at the world around you man. My weapon exists... just in case!!

As I detailed in an earlier post about with several gov'ts banning weapons from its citizens and the exterminations that later took place. Our 2nd amendment protects against EXACTLY that:

'A well regulated Militia' is 'necessary' for the 'security of a free State,' and that 'the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.'

Give up that right and you just opened to Gov't tyrannical moves against your family. Give up your guns, but I'll protect my family to the end.

If you want an armed nation, then you have to accept another situation where another class of first graders get annihilated by an individual who possesses a legally purchased firearm. I am not suggesting that you have to like it, but you do have to accept it.

When the time comes, if you have to rise up against your government, guns en masse will be available just as they are to others who fight for "freedom" in other countries. Don't fool yourself. The guns being used in those countries are not being purchased over the counter or being purchased by individuals who have a permit to carry. Needing guns for this possibility isn't rational.

If I give up my guns and a tyrannical government moves against me, I will die about 1 second before you do.

How many murders are committed annually by automobile?

answer: A hello lot more than guns.

Is anyone talking about banning cars?

FACTS:

Automobile killed 32,367 people in 2011

32,885 in 2010

There is another hundred thousand more hurt.

Number of deaths by firearm: 12,632 in 2011

Another ironic fact:

1.2 million children killed each year by abortion... now that is worth crying over.

it's friggin crazy how the sheeple are molded by the liberal media just to pass their agenda.

Edited by smmatrix

If you want an armed nation, then you have to accept another situation where another class of first graders get annihilated by an individual who possesses a legally purchased firearm. I am not suggesting that you have to like it, but you do have to accept it.

i think this is what i would like the NRA and others to admit.

There is a trade off for everything.

If you want to protect yourself from the government - then its more likely that you have to protect yourself from some nutter with a gun......and the best they can come up with is arming people even more.......:crap:

Plus symmatrix - when i was young, "On March 18, 1969, the United States began a four year long carpet-bombing campaign in the skies of Cambodia, devastating the countryside and causing socio-political upheaval that eventually led to the installation of the Pol Pot regime."....but thats just an example of a better world......:doh:

it's friggin crazy how the sheeple are molded by the liberal media just to pass their agenda.

No more crazy than how the sheeple are molded by the conservative media just to pass their agenda.

Db

... and that 'the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.'

It is clear that you perceive a threat to your security already - even when that threat has not been enumerated.

So instead of shortening your life through fear, stress and worry, why not work in a civilised way to remove that perceived threat, long before it ever has an opportunity to mature and materialise to harm you ... as you think.

If that threat is the Government, work to reduce the opportunity the government has to harm you in the way you fear.

If that threat is some bunch of crazies, then work to overcome the opportunity the crazies might have to harm you, before they get that opportunity.

Sitting back waiting for "them" to come for you ... whereupon you will "protect your family to the end" guarantees only one thing - it will be the end ... for you.

Do you think that one person armed with any amount of weaponry can take down a group of similarly armed and perhaps trained adrenalin-charged and driven crazies, then you have far too much testosterone than is good for you!

I have seen it before - in drunks in hotels wanting to take on and beat the whole team of bouncers ... and at the other end of the scale ... officers in prisons dressed in CERT gear, pumped with so much adrenalin that they go and provoke an incident with a prisoner, just so they can beat up on him and get their testosterone load off.

I think there are serious issues revealed in some of those statements of yours, Smmatrix. Personally I find that your reasoning seems right to you, but to a casual bystander (me) it looks way over the top, and out of balance.

Why not set out to teach love and tolerance in the years you have left, and fight to restore what the politically correct drop-kicks have taken from us ... sanity and common sense, and the right to discipline a child lovingly and firmly, without the sheriff getting involved!

There is NO other way - love conquers all.

Try it.

Like many countries bent on retracting the rights of its citizens, the U.S. Gov't knows that an uprising can happen here and is preparing for it.

The USA Department of Homeland Security has been purchasing millions of rounds of hollow point ammunition. Why?

Hollow points can't be used for war because they are against the rules of war as specified in the Geneva convention. See attached purchase order PDF.

As you can see for yourself, this DHS contract requests huge quantities of all the following ammunition (and much more):

• Over one million rounds of hollow-point .223 rifle ammo

• Over half a million rounds of non-hollow-point .223 rifle ammo

• 220,000 rounds of 12 gauge shotgun #7 ammo (target ammo)

• Over 200,000 rounds of 12 gauge shotgun #00 buckshot ammo (tactical anti-personnel ammo)

• 66,000 rounds of 12 gauge shotgun slugs (tactical anti-personnel, anti-vehicle rounds)

• Over two million rounds of hollow-point .357 Sig JPH (hollow-point) pistol ammo (anti-personnel)

• Over four million rounds of .40 S&W JPH (hollow-point) pistol ammo (anti-personnel)

• Over 60,000 rounds of .308 match grade anti-personnel sniper rounds (BTHP)

• Plus, hundreds of thousands of additional rounds of .38 special, .45 auto, 9mm, 7.62x39 (AK rifle) ammo, and others.

There are other purchase orders totaling over 1 billion rounds of this ammunition. I count enough to have a 7 year war with the American people with five rounds allocated for every man, woman and child in the U.S.

The only rational conclusion: DHS is training a domestic army for war with the American people. It's obviously they are preparing for the day when shit hits the fan.

I'm not some conspiracist thinking that a major uprising will happen, but as you can see, the Gov't must prepare if there is a 1% chance of an event happening.

DHS_ammo_buy.pdf

How many murders are committed annually by automobile?

answer: A hello lot more than guns.

Is anyone talking about banning cars?

FACTS:

32,885 in 2010

Another ironic fact:

1.2 million children killed each year by abortion... now that is worth crying over.

interesting stats

i remember that's what they used to tell the unwilling and frightened young conscripts who are about to be shipped to vietnam:

"you are more likely to die in a car accident than getting killed by viet cong, because more people died in car accidents than in vietnam. As a matter of fact, a lot more."

life fact: you can always find a way to justify what you want to do.

I don't know anyone who could get through the day without two or three juicy rationalizations. They're more important than sex.

The Big Chill

I think even the most liberal anti-gun activist would be thankful to come across a firearm of any sort if he and his wife were awakened in the middle of the night by a crazed 280 lb lunatic bent on doing some damage. Would he stand by and watch his wife get raped, or use that evil gun? hmmm...

I think even the most liberal anti-gun activist would be thankful to come across a firearm of any sort if he and his wife were awakened in the middle of the night by a crazed 280 lb lunatic bent on doing some damage. Would he stand by and watch his wife get raped, or use that evil gun? hmmm...

but... why would you think that can happen in the first place?

(other than in your convoluted vivid imagination)

but... why would you think that can happen in the first place?

(other than in your convoluted vivid imagination)

Why couldn't it happen? Didn't we just witness a horrible massacre? Or, are you one of them that buries their head thinking nothing can happen to them?

Why couldn't it happen? Oh, I forgot... it's my imagination. I just imagined 20 kids getting shot up in Newtown. Wow.

Home invasions and rape happen almost everyday. School shootings are rare. What country are you in which doesn't have rape?

Edited by smmatrix

Why couldn't it happen? Didn't we just witness a horrible massacre? Or, are you one of them that buries their head thinking nothing can happen to them?

Why couldn't it happen? Oh, I forgot... it's my imagination. I just imagined 20 kids getting shot up in Newtown. Wow.

Home invasions and rape happen almost everyday. School shootings are rare. What country are you in which doesn't have rape?

didn't you just say Automobile killed 32,367 people in 2011, 32,885 in 2010 ?

the chances of being awakened in the middle of the night by a crazed 280 lb lunatic is zilch !

You should spend your energy protecting the pedestrians or innocent driving public.

You should spend your energy protecting the pedestrians or innocent driving public.

Oh I do :cool:

I already do my part to promote safe driving. I rarely drive as I'm a full-time trader at home. I may get in my car 2-3x per month.

As with my rifle, the car is there just in case... :crap:

What were the chances of the Newtown school shooting?

according to your facts, less than half of the chances of being hit by your car.

FACTS:

32,885 in 2010

I wouldn't say there's "zilch" chance of being a crime victim, but my chances are very low for one reason, and only one reason:

BECAUSE I'M ARMED TO THE HILT AND MOST EVERYONE KNOWS IT.

Otherwise, I would be just another one of the sheeple awaiting to be victimized.

I wouldn't say there's "zilch" chance of being a crime victim, but my chances are very low for one reason, and only one reason:

BECAUSE I'M ARMED TO THE HILT AND MOST EVERYONE KNOWS IT.

Otherwise, I would be just another one of the sheeple awaiting to be victimized.

you and everybody around you survived ok so far, with or without your guns.

if your peace is only because of your guns, then you have no real peace.

the criminal will hit you when you are least expected.

BECAUSE I'M ARMED TO THE HILT AND MOST EVERYONE KNOWS IT..........

That's ok. Keeping believing that.:roll eyes:

I guess you "know" who it is that might have plans to do you harm possibly someday.

And if so you will beat em to the draw.

Just like on Gunsmoke. :rofl:

There are other purchase orders totaling over 1 billion rounds of this ammunition. I count enough to have a 7 year war with the American people with five rounds allocated for every man, woman and child in the U.S.

The only rational conclusion: DHS is training a domestic army for war with the American people. It's obviously they are preparing for the day when shit hits the fan.

Your math is way off. A billion rounds might have been enough for a 7 year war when our forefathers walked the earth, but they would need a hell of a lot more now if they wanted to last 7 years.

An equally rational explanation is that the govt has made these purchases because they are going to combat ring-around-the-collar in a way that is sure to succeed.