Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Ingot54

To Arm or to Disarm.

That would be euthanasia then I guess - for the pro gun crowd

:haha:

Some people can't help but to be complete morons. It's clearly the case where their momma should have aborted them.

5 People Shot At 3 Different Gun Shows On Gun Appreciation Day

UPDATED: 5 People Shot At 3 Different Gun Shows On Gun Appreciation Day | ThinkProgress

:haha:

I think we should have gun appreciation day everyday. They will slowly eliminate themselves. We can add something stupid like a contest to be the last man standing. They will take the cue.

601117_477634728938233_946768045_n.png

You believe people are stupid and you want more of them to have firearms and to allow them to walk around with them. :doh:

IMHO it is this thinking that is responsible for single handedly lowering the average intelligence of the total human gene pool, and turning people away from responsible gun owners

.....and I think you just failed the test for being considered a responsible gun owner.

I support your rights to bear arms - there is a rationale for it - , and with rights comes responsibilities and consequences. Or do you conveniently forget that part?

do you equally support everyone elses rights as well or are you selective and inconsistent in this?

so you support a regulation on people having to do a 'stupid' test before getting a firearm? what would that involve?

or are you simply allowing me to shoot you if i think you are stupid?

Personally I think you give Americans, responsible gun owners, and Buddhists a bad name. (But of course as you are working for the other side, maybe that is your agenda ;))

601117_477634728938233_946768045_n.png

They do. It's called Gun Appreciation Day.

Sorry, I just can get over the irony of the 5 people being shot at Gun Appreciation Day.

According to the brain trust of the gun nuts, those shows should have been the safest place in America. I will bet anyone that the incidence of injury was easily 1000 times that of events that were not gun shows on the same day.

Edited by MightyMouse

There are reasons for us to tolerate cars and car wrecks, but it is a great example.
sure you dont want to walk :haha:

All cars have to be registered. All drivers have to be licensed.
did that stop the deaths from car accidents? many more die from cars than from guns. regulation doesn't stop it just gives more money to gov.

There are times when you have to lose your license.
its about time for you MM

What are the reasons to tolerate gun accidents?
why tolerate car accidents? are you fearful? need your car? need psychological help? are cars a mask for other issues?

Show me that when there are no guns that the homicide rate stays the same.Show me that when there are no guns the accidental death stays the same. You can't
jump on your jackass and take a donkey ride down to mexico. guns are illegal there. doesn't stop the bad people from getting them. they have the police and many times the military outgunned. there are many more murders there than when the population was armed in the 50's and 60's. now that they have no arms and the bad guys do (since regulation doesn't work) the pop trembles in their boots. the police tremble in ther boots. you jackass would tremble in his hoofs. just go. remember take no guns. no golf clubs :haha: you will see first hand what banning and regulation does to a country. unlike some of this ivory chair theory you guys spout out that will not work in the real world. Edited by Patuca

Ignoring the fact that guns lead to death. It is such a simple, simple concept. No argument, yet they try to tie every issue they can think of to it.
people die from gun shots. people die in car wrecks. people die from knife fighting. people die swimming. people die from operations. people die from worry. people die from eating. people die from drinking. people die from electricity. people die from drugs. people die. they always have.

what you can't seem to get into that noggin of yours is that banning guns will not stop deaths from gunshots. in fact it will do the exact opposite. more people will die from guns. (again visit mexico) more people will be robbed. more people will have less recourse against the bad guys.

worse banning guns will ultimately lead to tyranny. you MM will lose your country and your freedoms. history has proved this over and over again. ideas backed by people with guns got your liberties and freedom for you, and they will maintain them for you, or have you been ignoring all the posts matrix has been making of quotes that your ancestors said? (could it be you were not born here in America?).

The point is, no one is saying if you ban guns, you will eradicate them from society. That would be stupid expectation.
you are correct on that

The point is, that with gun control, you get LESS guns in circulation, so LESS criminals have guns, so there are LESS murders, LESS armed robbery, and a generally safer environment. How is that a bad thing?
you are WRONG WRONG WRONG on this. gun control means LESS guns in circulation for the good guys and MORE guns in circulation for the bad guys. since only the criminals will have them there will be MORE murders, MORE armed robberies, and generally an unsafe environment. this is pure ivory tower BS. you spout out of your mouth. a quick visit by you and MM to mexico should be enough to convince you. so hop on your jackasses and ride down there.

How would you feel if a friend or family were shot by some pro-gun dumbass?
that would be bad. it would also be bad if they got killed in a car wreck by a drunk driver. it would also be bad if they lived in a tyranny. it would also be bad if MM hit them in the head with his golf club and cracked their skull.

I cant stand these retards who sit round belching about their personal freedoms
he who would give up his freedom for security deserves neither freedom nor security.

Patuca - maybe its the sunshine in Mexico that causes the gun mayhem...:)

Snowless Chicago Winter Feeds Budget While Fueling Murder Rate - Bloomberg

"Another measure is certain. The city’s murder rate spiked 66 percent in the first quarter of 2012, when temperatures were 30 percent above normal and snowfall was 30 percent below average. Unseasonably mild weather sends more people outdoors, helping to trigger more violence, Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy said in an interview.

“Nice weather will put more people on the street, which will create more opportunity for crime to occur,” McCarthy said, noting that murders were up 16 percent for the year. “The opportunity is limited when you have a foot of snow. There’s not a causal relationship with weather and crime. It’s merely an influencer.”"

you might also argue that Mexico has many crime related issues more as a result of the USA war on drugs as opposed to the gun controls of the Mexican government.

Either way, gun controls dont necessarily mean banning guns - just making it harder for people to get their hands on certain weapons at at times they are not feeling emotionally at their best, and most people cant see the logic of how allowing more guns into a society that already has the most guns in the world already will help a situation.

i thought this was a great little comedy skit and maybe there is a lot of truth in it.

Bill Maher On Gun Rights vs. Privacy: Second Amendment Isn't Under Attack, Everything Else Is (VIDEO)

maybe the energy is miss directed on all sides?

Some people can't help but to be complete morons. It's clearly the case where their momma should have aborted them.

Just because you've lost the debate, please dont try and change the subject i.e. women's rights to abortions.

Face it, you've shot your self in the foot (and you did it with out a gun!! :haha:) with your peculiar statements and pictures.

Please, for your own sake, just bow out gracefully like a gentleman.

There's a good chap.

:)

what you can't seem to get into that noggin of yours is that banning guns will not stop deaths from gunshots. in fact it will do the exact opposite. more people will die from guns. (again visit mexico) more people will be robbed. more people will have less recourse against the bad guys.

removing guns from circulation won't reduce the number of gun deaths? Very simple and elementary. Less guns = less gun deaths. Very tough for an NRA cult member to understand. if it is tough for you to understand, then you are in good company.

Banning certain guns would not infringe upon your right to own guns. No one goes hunting with an assault weapon. Stop acting like a a know nothing red neck.

When our govt is ready to do something against us, you will last about 3 seconds with you arsenal of weapons. You will be annihilated.

Once again, I will point out the irony of the shootings at Gun Appreciation Day. 5 people were shot for nothing. They were shot because there were a lot of guns there.

We are not Mexico. You are comparing cherries and acorns

jump on your jackass and take a donkey ride down to mexico. guns are illegal there. doesn't stop the bad people from getting them. they have the police and many times the military outgunned. there are many more murders there than when the population was armed in the 50's and 60's. now that they have no arms and the bad guys do (since regulation doesn't work) the pop trembles in their boots. the police tremble in ther boots. you jackass would tremble in his hoofs. just go. remember take no guns. no golf clubs :haha: you will see first hand what banning and regulation does to a country. unlike some of this ivory chair theory you guys spout out that will not work in the real world.

You should do some homework and hone your cause and effect statements. Do a little research instead of blindly repeating falsities. The bad guys you are talking about in Mexico control a multi-billion dollar illegal drug trade, As you know, but act ignorant toward, they are the ones doing all the killing. Your comparison is foolhardy. The escalation in gun violence is a result of them attempting to protect their business. It is not Mexican citizens who bought guns and starting shooting because guns are illegal. Mexican citizens have no reason to shoot at the drug cartels. This is all really silly.

You are talking about a drug issue and not a gun issue.

Patuca - maybe its the sunshine in Mexico that causes the gun mayhem...:)
:cool:

you might also argue that Mexico has many crime related issues more as a result of the USA war on drugs as opposed to the gun controls of the Mexican government.
what war?

Either way, gun controls dont necessarily mean banning guns - just making it harder for people to get their hands on certain weapons at at times they are not feeling emotionally at their best, and most people cant see the logic of how allowing more guns into a society that already has the most guns in the world already will help a situation.
the alternative is worse. it would be nice if there were no evil in the hearts of men and we could all live in peace without any arms. unfortunately, that isn't so. and banning guns won't take that evil out of their heart. they will find a way to do whatever evil they want to do. only force will stop them "dead" in their tracks. banning will take the option of force from the pop. that is, banning will actually EMPOWER the evil doers. this is what has happened in latin america.

the police..military..government can't possibly stop a gun realted crime if an evil doer desire to commit one, they will. the authorities can only arrive after it is in progress or finished. there just isn't enough manpower to control crime. if real police..real guns..can't control it (because not enough) then how will legislation control it? the evil people are already lawbreakers in their hearts. we are naive to think that passing a new law will all of a sudden turn them into law abiding citizens. how will you determine who is nuts and who isn't? this last terrible shooting was apparently done by some kid who had a relatively high IQ. do people realize the enormity of putting into actual practice some sort of legislation as an attempt geared to stop people like this kid? it sounds good in theory but it simply will not work.

however, at the grass roots level people can stop the escalation of a gun related crime and many times the crime itself if they are armed and happen to be on the spot when the crime takes place. if armed teachers were present at this last shooting i would dare say that this kid would have been stopped before he killed all those children. what would you have done if you were armed and just happened to be at that school when this kid started shooting? no law would have stopped him from commiting this atrocity. but armed teachers would probally have stopped it from escalating. childrens lives would have been saved.

from my experience in my many travels i have yet to see where legislating or banning guns stops crime. so, if some bastard is trying to kill you the way to deal with it is to kill that bastard first. make him die for his actions not YOU die for his actions. but if laws take that option out of your hands then you are screwed. the poor bloke in this article below had a low probability of escaping this situation since he had no gun on his person. his biggest mistake was resisting the robbery when the odds were against him. in honduras before they rob you they (evildoers) are so brazen to sometimes actually pose the question to the victim "do you want this robbery to take place with, or without pain?" he should have just given them the camera. that would have given him more odds of escaping with his life. i was just down in honduras in this very same city. mm needs to visit mexico...honduras...belize...guatemala..el salvador...etc. many many lessons can be learned. and as much as we americans would like to think we "different" and are more civilized and happy; we aren't. we actually have less manners and are more unhappy than many of the pop in poverty stricken third world countries.

of course drug related crime is part of the equation. but empowering those bastards and taking away the option of self defense from the pop isn't going to solve the problem. it is going to take all out real war against those bastards to stop it...at every level gov...grassroots. it will take an enormous amount of force. they have to run scared of the pop not the pop run scared of them.

UK visitor shot dead in Honduras British tourist killed by robbers in Honduras - eTurboNews.com

British tourist killed during botched mugging in Honduras - Yahoo! News

You should do some homework and hone your cause and effect statements. Do a little research instead of blindly repeating falsities
. i don't have to research it out. i have been there many times and seen it first hand. you are the one that is ignorant. not to mention afraid to have a pistol in your own home. you have no idea what you are talking about.

We are not Mexico. You are comparing cherries and acorns
see what i am talking about..... arrogant americans...a trip to mexico or hondurans just might give you an attitude adjustment. don't think for a minute it can't happen here in the good ole USA. take our guns and it will happen here alot faster.

removing guns from circulation won't reduce the number of gun deaths? Very simple and elementary. Less guns = less gun deaths. Very tough for an NRA cult member to understand. if it is tough for you to understand, then you are in good company.
sorry but it doesn't work that way in the real world. your little formula falls by the way side.

When our govt is ready to do something against us, you will last about 3 seconds with you arsenal of weapons. You will be annihilated.
true, if you are speaking of just one person. not so against 100 million armed americans. remember it took about 10 years for our much vaunted armed forces to find and deal with ONE very well known bad guy. what makes you think they will wipe out 100 million americans in 3 seconds? first they wouldn't do it because they know the consequences. second they couldn't do if they wanted to. one yes. hundred yes..1000 possibly 10,000 well they would be pushing the envelope for a full scale revolt...100 million..no. i am not anti government. but i do think the constitution gives me the right to be armed and to stand against tyranny if it ever came down to it. armed citizens are a part of our system of checks and balances. standing against tyranny is hopefully an option that would never have to be employed. but if americans give up their guns they may well face that option one day and be caught with their pants down wearing pink lacy underwear.

Once again, I will point out the irony of the shootings at Gun Appreciation Day. 5 people were shot for nothing. They were shot because there were a lot of guns there.
yes, that was an unfortunate accident. there also were car accidents the same day. many more were killed in cars accidents that same day. so lets ban cars. back to riding your jackass.

i think i will leave this thread...again...enough has been said on both sides.

my leaving comment is simply this. there comes a time when fighting fire with fire is the only tactical means of dealing with a very bad situation. a little water (or a lot) won't quench the fire in such a case. it has to be burn't out and its fuel source depleted.

many here on this thread think that the fuel source is the "guns". i happen to think it runs much deeper than that. there is a certain evil boldness about these bastards. they have no fear. fear must be driven deep into them. sooner or later they will get the general idea that their sacrifice, or whatever warped view they have of what they are doing, will not stop society but that they themselves will be annihilated from off the earth by society. it will never completely stop but it can be slowed down considerably. banning guns from a sane society will only empower these bastards to do what they are doing, more often, and in worse ways.

FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE

bye bye now ya'll have fun arguing the debate

i sometimes have a flair for the dramatic and hyperbole in debates, and i certainly don't agree with every view or thought espoused on this thread but don't take my hyperboles that serious or that personal..well some of them that is...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :haha:

Edited by Patuca

Here's the facts on the Columbine security guard ......

You need to read from more sites than the obscure one you found.

"Thus, five minutes after the shooting started, and two minutes after the first radio call, Gardner was engaged in a gun fight with the student shooters. There were already two dead and ten wounded."

Columbine High School massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:rofl:

"I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there"

this post shows your true concern.

btw couldn't resist. these guns may be banned next...or would it be ok to have a gun show with these guns?

Kindergartner Suspended Over Bubble Gun Threat | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo!

last post...hopefully....couldn't resist temptation....

see ...you give them an inch and they will take 1000 miles

please call your politicians and have them push thru a bill to ban the pink "hello kitty, high capacity bubble tank, automatic assault weapon" i am quite sure it will hold at least several 100 bubbles. at 50 bubbles per minute it may be capable of drowning its victims in suds! :rofl: :haha:

Edited by Patuca

see what i am talking about..... arrogant americans...a trip to mexico or hondurans just might give you an attitude adjustment. don't think for a minute it can't happen here in the good ole USA. take our guns and it will happen here alot faster.

I would bring weapons with me if I went to buy drugs in mexico or honduras. But I won't buy drugs and do not need a gun in mexico or honduras. I would not travel to the area where drugs are purchased or sold or taken. I have been to mexico. In fact, I got into a fight in mexico. I did not need a gun. Did not want a gun and am glad I did not have a gun.

Plainly, I do not live in fear and do not need to carry a gun.

sorry but it doesn't work that way in the real world. your little formula falls by the way side.

A world where you live in fear is your world and not a real world. Fear is an illusion of the mind. It is your choice to remain disabled by your fear.

yes, that was an unfortunate accident. there also were car accidents the same day. many more were killed in cars accidents that same day. so lets ban cars. back to riding your jackass.

It was not one accident. It was 3 separate instances of firearms accidentally hurting 5 people. These people would not have been hurt if guns were not there. In fact, at one of the events, they even halted private gun sales and would not let you come in with guns. Yes, not letting you come in with a gun is a gun ban. Friggin awesome! guns banned at a gun appreciation event. JUST FRIGGIN AWESOME!! You can't make better stuff up. Too bad they weren't smart enough to do that beforehand.

But, according to NRA cult members, these events should have been the safest events in the USA since there were so many guns there.

I bet those 5 people wish there went to the Dixie bacon eating event across town. They wouldn't have gotten shot there.

Edited by MightyMouse

Ind. man shoots himself while leaving gun show | abc11.com

Private gun sales halted following shooting | Video | abc11.com

Dealer accidentally shoots man at Ohio gun show | abc11.com

In this last article the gun dealer shot his friend. You would think that he would know how to use a gun since he is a dealer.

I would say that the guy that got shot had one friend too many.