Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Ingot54

To Arm or to Disarm.

Educate yourself:

480937_10151428147971753_47450812_n.jpg

:cool: oh sh$t a squirrel gun! :rofl: :rofl: maybe tams would like to ban squirrel guns?? MM just hits them on the head with a golf club. he has squirrel golf clubs. :haha:

Gun Control - Watch What Happens When Guns Are Banned. - YouTube

Gun Control - Watch What Happens When Guns Are Banned.

Gun Control - Watch What Happens When Guns Are Banned.

The results of Australia's Gun Ban: Armed Robberies UP 69% Assaults With Guns UP 28% Gun Murders UP 19% Home Invasions UP 21%

oh sh$t. you mean the ban isn't working? could you please private mail this to peckerwood brain and tams and MM. they may find it to be useful information :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Stop accepting the narrative that's being rammed down your throat and think for yourself
what? you gotta be kidding. that is too much work!:helloooo: especially for DSTM

Unintended Consequence

oops just talking about banning guns and gun control has resulted in a huge increase in gun sales and ammo. that is, more people now have guns! great! keep talking you liberals. just wait, if they manage to actually impose a ban then sales will skyrocket..then the liberals will sh$t their pants.. :rofl: :haha: :cool: :cool:

Right critical thinking.

Like don't restrict guns, especially to a parent that has a looney-toon at home.

Here's the problem with your thinking that you haven't grasped (surprise surprise): No government agency knew the kid was as nuts as he was. The parents kept it a secret. How would that have shown up on a background check?

Put locks on classroom doors. Artillery-proof all exterior doors (how about that, just in case they have a M1A1 Abrams Tank)?

What is the point of putting in a buzz in system to keep out undesirables who might hurt kids, and then make the doors of glass? That's like making a safe of glass. It's supposed to keep out crazy people, that is its intended purpose. You might as well put a screen door on a submarine.

Also, putting locks on doors is COMMON SENSE! Many schools have them regardless, so they can seal off rooms when not in use, and especially rooms with lab or computer equipment.

Middle schools where all the school shootings occur ......and shopping malls, and movie theatres and parking lots and fast food restaurents and college campuses.

Legalized concealed carry takes care of a lot of the other places. Again, shooters hit places people aren't likely to be armed. The Aurora killer bypassed several movie theaters closer to his house and hit one that didn't allow guns. The shopping mall killer blew his brains out when confronted by a concealed carry holder not because he was afraid of dying, obviously, but because it didn't fit his script.

Alex freakin' Jones. Now there a real brilliant guy. :rofl:

I didn't say he was. My point was that you don't have to be a crazy conspiracy theorist to think critically about the narratives the media force upon you.

Armed guards, you mean like they had in Columbine? That helped. :roll eyes:

It DID, actually. I'll quote, and cite:

The armed guard, Jefferson County Sheriff's Deputy Neil Gardner, was able to engage the killers, keeping them from shooting more victims, and he personally saved dozens of students.

FACT CHECK: Columbine High's armed guard saved student lives - National Republican | Examiner.com

But what if every school had armed guards and there was still attacks taking place. I'm sure Barney Fife rent-a-cop would be a crack-shot. That would be some scene, rent-a-cop against lunatics with kids and teachers in the middle.

See my quote above. Also, often these security guards are sworn police officers, military vets and/or retired officers. My friend's daughter goes to a nice private school here next to downtown Chicago and their head of security (armed of course) is a former vet, cop, and weapons expert who teaches Chicago police as his side job. You aren't fit to carry his jock strap, I'll bet, and I'll bet he is more than the equal of a shithead who would try to hurt those kids.

Guns and children don't mix well, A real adult understands this basic fact.

I agree, you shouldn't put kids and guns up in blenders and mix them. Also, a real adult would actually gain some experience with the subject matter he expounds upon, but I suppose that is too much to expect of you.

Here's a little something to chew on: Guns don't just go off in the holster. As long as the gun is safely holstered and has the safety on, there's no danger. If you really wanted to go further, you could mandate that the clip is out of the gun in a separate place in the holster.

Here's the problem with your thinking .....

Some valid points except in actual practice in the real world, which I live in. You should try it sometimes.

Hint: Dirty Harry is FICTION, well except in very rare instances.

Too funny - the guard at Columbine kept the slaughter from being far worse than the 12 students and one teacher dead and 21 wounded. Bravo. :applaud:

Sounds like a winning formula.

Bad guys 13, good guy 2.

Is that what Wayne LaPierre was meaning by a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun?

Main Use A Shooting Squirrels B Shooting People
a gun is an inanimate object. it can do nothing on its own. either gun can kill squirrels or people. i would guess they both have. Edited by Patuca

5 People Shot At 3 Different Gun Shows On Gun Appreciation Day

UPDATED: 5 People Shot At 3 Different Gun Shows On Gun Appreciation Day | ThinkProgress

If the gun advocates behind this year’s inaugural Gun Appreciation Day had hoped to use the day’s festivities to build support for their anti-regulation platform, they are going to have to wait another year.

Emergency personnel had to be called to the scene of the Dixie Gun and Knife Show in Raleigh, North Carolina after a gun accidentally discharged and shot two people at the show’s safety check-in booth just after 1 pm. Both victims were transported to an area hospital, and the Raleigh Fire Department announced that the show would be closed for the rest of the day.

:haha:

I have this strange feeling that someone is trying to have a conversation with me.

UPDATED: 5 People Shot At 3 Different Gun Shows On Gun Appreciation Day | ThinkProgress

If the gun advocates behind this year’s inaugural Gun Appreciation Day had hoped to use the day’s festivities to build support for their anti-regulation platform, they are going to have to wait another year.

Emergency personnel had to be called to the scene of the Dixie Gun and Knife Show in Raleigh, North Carolina after a gun accidentally discharged and shot two people at the show’s safety check-in booth just after 1 pm. Both victims were transported to an area hospital, and the Raleigh Fire Department announced that the show would be closed for the rest of the day.

I have this strange feeling that someone is trying to have a conversation with me.

several people died in car wrecks today and it wasn't even car appreciation day! think progress. maybe like ...um riding donkeys. i know several jackasses that need to ride donkeys. some may be on this thread?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ps admin please note i said "may"

Some valid points except in actual practice in the real world, which I live in. You should try it sometimes.

Hint: Dirty Harry is FICTION, well except in very rare instances.

Too funny - the guard at Columbine kept the slaughter from being far worse than the 12 students and one teacher dead and 21 wounded. Bravo. :applaud:

Sounds like a winning formula.

Bad guys 13, good guy 2.

Is that what Wayne LaPierre was meaning by a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun?

Dear lord, you are stupid. Seriously, you've actually turned stupidity into a debating strategy. "Hmm, I can't argue him point for point, and I'm too lazy to do my research...wait, I have it! I'll just say really stupid things that make no sense, and mix them up with cliches like 'That sounds good, but doesn't work in the real world' and 'responsible adults just know this is what is right.'"

Here's the facts on the Columbine security guard. The killings all occurred BEFORE he engaged them. After that, he basically harried and distracted them and they weren't able to kill anyone else. After the police arrived, they took their own lives as the game was up. In that time, he provided cover for a group of 15 students while they made their escape. You can say whatever you want, but a lot more kids would have died if not for that guy, and I can't stand to watch you ridicule and shit on him. I don't mind people that don't agree with me, but I can't stand idiots.

a gun is an inanimate object. it can do nothing on its own. either gun can kill squirrels or people. i would guess they both have.

Show me that when there are no guns that the homicide rate stays the same.Show me that when there are no guns the accidental death stays the same. You can't

A gun is an inanimate object but it is used to kill people. Most of the people killed with guns are not bad guys either and the good guys that get shot are not shot by bad guys with guns. Or, they weren't bad guys until they shot the good guys.

Tams,

Guns don't kill people, gun shows kill people.

Obama and the rest of the ignorant Liberals want to ban law abiding citizens from owning guns. Do you think the thugs will turn theirs in? We don't think so!!

735180_477947775573595_1904115489_n.jpg

Hey pal - you really are a special kind of stupid arent you!

There was a story on the internet some time ago about a European city that was concerned with it's armed gangs. They called in some ex chief cop (rtd.) from NYC who had the reputation of cleaning up armed gangs in NYC and making the place a whole lot safer. Anyway, the cop left the city laughing and wouldn't take the job. He said they didnt really have a problem - they just thought they did.

The point is, no one is saying if you ban guns, you will eradicate them from society. That would be stupid expectation. The point is, that with gun control, you get LESS guns in circulation, so LESS criminals have guns, so there are LESS murders, LESS armed robbery, and a generally safer environment. How is that a bad thing?

How would you feel if a friend or family were shot by some pro-gun dumbass? Would you still be the shit-kickin' cowboy you are now?

I cant stand these retards who sit round belching about their personal freedoms to carry guns, and love to whoop, holler and cheer when one of those 'bad-ass' crims in your picture gets a 'cap in their ass' by the cops. These retards are just too freaking stoooopid to realise that it's people like them and their attitudes that created the crims in the first place - by giving them the guns. DUHHH.....

Edited by TheDude

several people died in car wrecks today and it wasn't even car appreciation day! think progress. maybe like ...um riding donkeys. i know several jackasses that need to ride donkeys. some may be on this thread?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ps admin please note i said "may"

There are reasons for us to tolerate cars and car wrecks, but it is a great example.

All cars have to be registered. All drivers have to be licensed.

There are times when you have to lose your license.

In areas where the use of cars is discouraged (NYC, high parking and bridge tolls), the vehicular death rate is low even though that wasn't the intended goal. Less congestion was the goal.

Cars provide transportation. There are economic benefits to transportation.

What are the reasons to tolerate gun accidents?

Because people need a gun like a pacifier to protect them from their fears? I will give you that, but I suggest that you probably need psychological help if you are fearful. A gun, then, is a mask for other issues.

Guns should be registered, and gun owners should be licensed too. There are times when you have to lose your gun license and right to own a gun.

How would you feel if a friend or family were shot by some pro-gun dumbass? Would you still be the shit-kickin' cowboy you are now?

I drive through Newtown everyday and there are memorials everywhere, still, of the children who were murdered. 26 lights, 26 angels, 26 trees, signs, posters, etc.

If it did happen close to home and If they had a quarter ounce of compassion in the nerveless gray plasma encased in a nutshell, then they would agree that change needs to occur.

But, Tennessee, Arkansas, or wherever they are is too far to be close to home, so they utter and sputter all sorts of nonsense for our entertainment. Ignoring the fact that guns lead to death. It is such a simple, simple concept. No argument, yet they try to tie every issue they can think of to it.