Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Ingot54

To Arm or to Disarm.

Only a moron would think current "Location" and "where you're from" are the same.

>> Location: Deep into your Mother's bedroom

I guess you weigh 280 lbs and are a prime candidate for your own medicine.

What my posts have been warning about in this thread is the (understandable) emotional triggers from this tragedy that have gotten a huge mob activated. And, in typical fashion the impulse with mobs is to do something, anything, (via ‘legislation’ these days since we are so modern and civilized) to help emotional recovery. Prevent ‘it’, control ‘it’ in the future, - just do something! Normally reasonable folk get sucked up in the collective emotional vortex and fall for the false logic that boy if we could just outlaw those bad assault rifles, etc. this wouldn’t happen again, or at least as often. Or if they don't get sucked in, they don't resist with calmer minds- because of all the pain that needs 'do something'

Even the “conservative”, family, NRA, etc. guys among us are tempted to get on board. Some of them emotionally jumped on board immediately. But in reality, the ‘bad guns’ would have remained a non- issue but for the overwhelming emotions stirred by the tragedy… Reason would never elicit such a response. Only raw, painful emotions…

So now, they’ll do something via ‘legislation’ that in reality only temporarily gives minds some relief. But realistically… legally, nothing truly effective will really be done or can be done … except to engender future (hopefully) unintended consequences…

Attempting to legally making the ‘bad guns’ less available is not a truly functional solution to mass murder/suicides. It only gives the mob a superficial emotional purification.

Beyond gun availability laws we'll see other ‘solutions’ being thrown out. It ='s More please just do something! ... Like arming educators, etc… but, the teachers aren’t qualified to carry guns… heck only a few of them are truly qualified to be teachers. So don’t be surprised if homeland security goons are sent to the schools… too bad they aren’t qualified either … etc. If you’ve fallen for just do something! , please think again. Separate from the mob. They are being used! If you are tempted, please think again.

Again, our thoughts and prayers are with the families and schoolmates of those killed who must now live the holidays and beyond without them

Further reading...

Gun Control and The Dark Corners of the Internet | Justin O'Connell | Safehaven.com

http://www.naturalnews.com/038423_psychiatric_drugs_insanity_mass_murder.html

Edited by zdo
Merry Christmas to all

i just read the NRA response....(I can only assume this is their full unedited response)

NRA: full statement by Wayne LaPierre in response to Newtown shootings | World news | guardian.co.uk

basically - lets put security in the schools.

"we must give them the greatest level of protection possible and the security that is only available with a properly trained — armed — good guy."

Great! - what then determines the good buy v the bad guy, what happens when the good guy becomes the bad guy, what do you think the bad guys will do if they want to go nuts - my guess is target the security guard first. (unless of course you dont identify them)

(Remember Osama bin somebody - wasnt he one of the good guys they trained)

an outsider might think that the NRA actually works for those liberals nuts - you know the ones who are trying to overthrow society, enslave you all.....

- first we round up the kids and put them under armed guard to protect them from the bad guys. Then anyone who disagrees with us is one of the bad guys --- ie; the media - free press, entertainment (that we dont approve of because imagination is far worse than real life and we would rather ban pretend guns than the real ones) and this way we will protect you.

uh huh - uh huh...........what next

My guess is we go to the log book of Stalin, Mao and those other guys - this was pretty much what they did - right?

especially when you have the final sentence....

"National School Shield Program and protect our children with the only line of positive defense that's tested and proven to work.

where, when, and what about other countries that dont seem to have the same issue - how do they deal with the crazies? will the crazies then target another spot - maybe the old age retirment homes --- mind you it might help balance the medicare budget. :doh:

problem solved - next you will have a national database for all Americans who have mental issues, seen a school counselor or posted on facebook they feel a little depressed........

first you need to pay more people and introduce more government people into the all ready underfunded schools....

zdo - you are right, i was wrong. The government has managed to get the NRA to do their work for them - brilliant, and we thought they couldn't even balance the books. Lets hope we evolve consciousness before its too late. Even they are calling to do something - too bad its what they are actually against.....what a mind f...k

Until then - more wine, more wine! Its Friday the world has not ended and the world continues.

Edited by SIUYA

Gun ban fact from the National Lamblaster BS 1975....

Washington DC crime rates soar because guns were banned.

Previous gun owners turn to rising use of crack cocaine and increasing poverty all because they took away some guns (note - some guns where even sold by users to get high).

Most crime took part in the areas of highest poverty. Those who really wanted a gun, crossed the border and probably bought one. The crack addicts who paid massive prices for illegal guns were forced to rob and steal.

Joey Joe Joe jnr is quoted as saying "its the governments fault - if they didn't ban guns we would need to rob people to buy these high priced ones - the stress is driving me to use illegal cheap drugs cause i caint afford them high priced ones them rich folks have got. - i just wanna work in Mds for minimum wage"

On another story, man throws baseball and causes riot in the streets of China, while in a reversal of fortunes a child ate a crocodile in Australia.

i just read the NRA response....(I can only assume this is their full unedited response)

NRA: full statement by Wayne LaPierre in response to Newtown shootings | World news | guardian.co.uk

basically - lets put security in the schools.

"we must give them the greatest level of protection possible and the security that is only available with a properly trained — armed — good guy."

Great! - what then determines the good buy v the bad guy, what happens when the good guy becomes the bad guy, what do you think the bad guys will do if they want to go nuts - my guess is target the security guard first. (unless of course you dont identify them)

(Remember Osama bin somebody - wasnt he one of the good guys they trained)

He also said that the President uses guns for protection, so why can't we protect our precious children with guns? Are our kids less important? Are guns only for things which matter?

Lets see the President lay down his guns, along with stopping the murdering of innocent children with his drone strikes, then we can talk about the people laying down their guns. PERIOD.

He also said that the President uses guns for protection, so why can't we protect our precious children with guns? Are our kids less important? Are guns only for things which matter?

Lets see the President lay down his guns, along with stopping the murdering of innocent children with his drone strikes, then we can talk about the people laying down their guns. PERIOD.

but children don't have rights...... right???

I am more than happy for all the craziness to stop - an arms race just might not be the answer.

Wayne LaPierre Wants Armed Guards at Schools.

Columbine Had an Armed Guard.

You probably don't remember the name of Neil Gardner, a sherriff's deputy in Jefferson County, Colorado. He was the armed guard assigned to watch Columbine High School, who usually ate lunch with the students, so he could be in the school.

Well, he obviously FAILED to do his job. Just like your TSA agents occasionally miss guns and other contraband at the airport.

Taking guns away from law abiding citizens will not STOP shootings.

-

These are the things that need to be removed from society..............

This is the kind of crap our youngsters are playing. Glorifying murder, killing innocents for fun. Spend countless hours playing this, along with the common ADHD drugs kids are on these days, and you have a lot more massacres coming. The dividing line between reality and fantasy has faded.

Edited by smmatrix

Its good to see you want to put the USAs priorities back into order.....take that occupation of Arghanistan and put it back into the school system. Its never made much sense to the rest of the world either why the US government wants to interact with the world as it does.....it might raise a few eyebrows when they start on their own folks domestically.

Symmatrix - now your location is deep in our mothers bedroom (LOL) -Some mothers have loaded guns - be careful......we knew all along it was folks like you our mums needed to be protected from.

A Buddhist with a gun who is not afraid to use it and will hide in our mothers bedrooms.

There is comedy gold in that.

re the videos - you sound like one of those liberal nuts - because remember those video games are played (probably) by far more people than own weapons, its legal and most of them dont go killing people in real life.

All I can is I hope your fear does not send you to the dark side and that you are wrong in all your fears.

Edited by SIUYA

Well, he obviously FAILED to do his job. Just like your TSA agents occasionally miss guns and other contraband at the airport.

Taking guns away from law abiding citizens will not STOP shootings.

Clearly you didn't click the link. Why am I not surprised?

Db

That game looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I was debating getting it but not anymore. The graphics on that are awesome. Do you have any recent vids I can check out?

Do you also enjoy murdering innocents for fun?

If so, then you are part of the problem of why gun control laws should be enacted.

Um er..... I don't have a gun and last time I checked when I shoot a pretend person in a game a real life person doesn't die. Of course its a game and in no way like real combat in real life. In real life you don't get perks, respawns, and you can't spawn camp just to name a few.

Oh and just to let you know if you are deep in my moms bedroom my step dad will kick your ass. He really doesn't like people going in there. I remember growing up and getting in trouble for going in there. Or stay in there if you want its up to you but im just letting you know.

Does this ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOcvqiiCwUo]U.S. Marines Battle Enemy Forces In Ramadi, Iraq - YouTube[/ame]

Look at all like this ....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s17Sw9m8H6s]ZOMBIE BUS (Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Zombies) - YouTube[/ame]

???? Well in the event of a major scale zombie attack or some major alien invasion our youth will be prepared.

Edited by Colonel B

Do you also enjoy murdering innocents for fun?

If so, then you are part of the problem of why gun control laws should be enacted.

What is the purpose for which you are "armed to the hilt and

most everyone knows it" Smmatrix?

At what point do you intend to exercise the purpose for which

your "armed to the hilt" weapons were made?

If you are anticipating that you might be called upon to use

them against another human being, what does that make you?

What does it make others who decide that they do not wish

to carry?

Are you aware of the "show cause" provisions, if you ever

discharge a weapon, other than under legally provided

conditions?

What happens if you shoot too soon, at an innocent person

was NOT intending to shoot you? Let's hope you miss.

What happens if you fail to clear the holster in time, and all

your planning goes astray, and you end up headless and

all bled out?

Just wondering ... and you didn't give Siuya the answer he

is entitled to ... you didn't read the link about Columbine.

Now that was a serious point ... showing that even when

SG's are on duty in schools, that "protection" is far from

effective. The perp only has to start shooting at the total

opposite side of the school from the SG ... and then ... :confused:

most of the gun zealots are quite confused...

on one hand, they claimed the right the bear arms is to guard against a tyranny government.

like, get real, like as if they can out gun the givernmint.

or, as if the republic U S of A is ever going to be tyrannic. Towards other countries maybe, but towards its citizens? come on, you elected those bastards, you own themn. If you don't like them, don't put them in office in the next time around. You have the house and the senate, with elections every 2 years, the most you have to endure is 24 monthes.

on the other hand, they argue that they want to bear arms to guard against a 280 lb monkey.

now that is beyond me as well... if the monkey knows that you are armed to the hilt, and the monkey is intended on hurting you, he ain't gonna hit you when you have the gun pointing at him. He will hit you when you are least expected. Go look up the stats in those gun liberal states, the armed innocents got kill just the same.

oh boy one confused cookie.

rant off.

Edited by Tams

rant again....

of course, they would switch to their justification if the reasons to the right to bear arms does not make sense...

like... more people died from automobile accidents than guns.

more people died from obesity than guns

more people died from abortion than guns

more people died from drugs than guns

how do you tell people it is childish to make comparison like that?

this is no justification at all.

they knew it won't hold water, but they are backed against a corner, so incomparable stats is better than no stats.