Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TinGull

[VSA] Volume Spread Analysis Part I

Sebastian,

I donwloaded it, but it won't open. the file extension is .CAMREC, which I guess none of my video programs will recognize. I've got:

Quicktime

Windows Media Player

DivX Player

RealPlayer

Winamp

IrfanView

...and none of these will open the file.

I'd sure like to see your analysis. Anybody have an idea how to view this file? I tried re-downloading and choosing "open" instead of "save" but that didn't work either.

Taz

Sebastian,

I donwloaded it, but it won't open. the file extension is .CAMREC, which I guess none of my video programs will recognize. I've got:

Quicktime

Windows Media Player

DivX Player

RealPlayer

Winamp

IrfanView

...and none of these will open the file.

I'd sure like to see your analysis. Anybody have an idea how to view this file? I tried re-downloading and choosing "open" instead of "save" but that didn't work either.

Taz

camrec is a first extention from camtasia previous to production... camrec files must be produced by camtasia into swf or other type of file to be shareable... my two cents... cheers Walter.

Well, it's a start. I can hear the audio, but it sounds like there's a video that's supposed to go with it, which I can't see. Can anybody see the video portion? If so, what player are you using? Any special settings?

Oops, sorry about that. I just extracted the avi file from the camtasia file and didn't realize it's probably using a codec that camtasia uses (the tscc Codec by TechSmith Screen Capture?). I didn't even think about having to convert it over to another format. No wonder it was such a small filesize for 12 minutes of video. Wow, this is getting confusing.

Here it is converted quickly to an swf file. It's 22.6mb and hopefully good enough quality. I don't have time at the moment to try anything else. Not sure if it will stream or not since it has its own player (can skip ahead, etc). If you don't see the video right away, you might have to wait for it to fully download which could take several minutes depending on your connection speed.

Hi Sebastian,

Haven't checked the video out yet....looking forward to that. I believe camtasia has an option as saving as as an AVI. I think it 'post processes' to do that (i.e. converts it when you hit save). I am not sure whether it does .swf possibly I don't recall. Just FYI.

Your obviously keeping busy in Worthing!! :pc guru:

Cheers,

Nick.

Thanks Sebastian, I've uploaded the file as an swf, suppose not everybody has camtasia here.

Wow, I did not see your response and the flash file you uploaded. I only saw Tasuki and Walters response. Sorry for cluttering up this thread.

On with the discussion... :)

Sorry guys, I uploaded the wrong file, should have been WMA, I'll have it right for tonights. Tom williams will be speaking on the video tonight, and we are doing a tradeGuider seminar wednesday.

Regards Sebastian

Sebastian,

I made a mistake regarding the Best of Wyckoff conference. Todd has not committed himself. Looking forward to hearing if Tom can attend. Thanks.

nic

You are all very welcome, I got Tom to view into the first one to see if he could fault it, he could not. that is good news.

regards Sebastian

Sebastian, is the 10 min chart the one you prefer to trade with? I noticed on one of your commentaries you used a 5 min and the others a 10. Is it just a timeframe that you're in tune with or is there more?

The guys at Tguider use 3 and 7 and I can't stand either for some reason.

thanks

JJ

Hello All-

Just wanted to compliment this forum and thread in particular. I have been trading for about a year and recently stumbled upon the VSA method- sadly not a lot of info out there regarding it on the net so to see 100+ pages of discussion on the subject is like stumbling onto an information goldmine.

I still have quite a bit to learn on VSA but the one NAGGING question that keeps my mind working is this: Is it possible to spot the "anvil" as I call it. Or "The floor falling out" I am working to determine- where is that move that makes the move turn. I'm sure you all know what I mean. I could get into a trade seeing that the upward move is nearly over, I see the "professional money" has offloaded the vast majority of their hold into the move and are letting "the herd" get hooked. You then see the some downward pressure and some upward move. I like to call it that "the fish is on the hook and fighting the inevidable" This could go on for hours- sometimes 2 sometimes 8 or 9. Then all of a sudden- the anvil drops, the floor falls out. And the Downward move crashed down like a tidal wave- 180, 200 pip drop- targets hit and money is pouring in if you have your sell order in.

So how do we determine when this "drop" happens? I have been positioned correctly- but it kills me to watch a "fish on a hook" for 9 hours- any advice on how to determine when to wait a bit longer- but not miss out on the move?

Great forum! Glad to be aboard.

Sledge

Splendid Vids. Not sure how much you played back but quality sorted self out after a couple of minutes. Top notch.

Hi Nick;

Are you the Nick A that I had coffee with in London last weekend?

Regards Sebastian

Sebastian, is the 10 min chart the one you prefer to trade with? I noticed on one of your commentaries you used a 5 min and the others a 10. Is it just a timeframe that you're in tune with or is there more?

The guys at Tguider use 3 and 7 and I can't stand either for some reason.

thanks

JJ

The principles work on any timeframe, I personally use a 15m chart, because when the signals appear, the longer term chart will have less whipsawing so you are less likely to be shaken out.

Regards Sebastian

The principles work on any timeframe, I personally use a 15m chart, because when the signals appear, the longer term chart will have less whipsawing so you are less likely to be shaken out.

Regards Sebastian

On your next chart would you do it on a 15min timeframe then and show us how you would trade it so we know how to translate VSA into trading?

Much appreciated.