Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mohsinqureshii

Is This Good Time for Buy Gold Again???

I don't plan to spec buy any gold until silver is under $24

( :haha: and I never have to change any plans ;) )

Hi mohsi...

Full moon is gone . Markets will now drift down to New Moon on the 21st April.

My wedding anniversary.

My fundamentals for Gold remain intact.Its a buy Long Term. Obsidians technicals are valid.Its a sell Short Term.

One anomaly.Silver tends to move with Gold.

Last week Silver took a big gap DOWN.

Either Goldman Sachs is manipulating the market or China is a seller.

Be very careful.

I think Silver will recover tomorrow. If it falls some more, then zdo better get ready!!!!

Kind regards

bobc

PS. I have bought more gold shares in 40 years of investing than most traders have had breakfast. We have a saying in SA. "Gold is for c...s and kings, and you dont look like a king"

:offtopic:

Obsidian, an offtopic request re

“…bearish again, if 1626 does not hold, maybe 1620 next...”

“…a daily close above 1652 may be enough to hit 1670 …”

If you have time, could you please open a thread and explain this type of “if price goes to (or through) _____ levels, then it could possibly go (on) to ______ levels” thinking. I have been trading a long time and still have never seen even an ‘ok that makes sense’ explanation of this thinking.

…and btw, one of the answers that don’t quite ‘make sense’ to me is – if that ‘support’ doesn’t hold then it will go test the next ‘support’, etc. These S/R based projections have never held up to a significant level in real life for me - so I’m asking about the ‘foundational’ construct behind this mode of looking at a market.

This mode is everywhere you look. Examples from elsewhere...

“A decisive close below 1.3000 is required to unlock the important multi-month reversal pattern into 1.2625… ”

“Only a decisive confirmation above 83.40 and 84.18 will extend the… ”

“...would need to see settlement back over 0.9222/0.9252 …would revive the recovery from 0.9002 exposing 0.9252 then the 0.9335... ”

So, not calling you out at all on this individually … just asking if you can help by adequately explaining it. Thanks.

zdo

sorry for the confusion zdo maybe showing on charts would be better...

"short term charts are bearish again, if 1626 does not hold, maybe 1620 next... " was supposed to mean:

"gold will keep falling until 1626 or 1620"

gold23b.jpg.ac27ee8834e18546371ef813501f6c38.jpg

sorry for the confusion zdo maybe showing on charts would be better...

"short term charts are bearish again, if 1626 does not hold, maybe 1620 next... " was supposed to mean:

"gold will keep falling until 1626 or 1620"

so you don't think like that... you just talk like that ? :razz: ;)

ie is it just a genre of cya industry speak?

I would appreciate an explanation from anyone who understands the merits of this 'mode'... it just seemed that you were in touch with it Obsidian... thx

so you don't think like that... you just talk like that ? :razz: ;)

ie is it just a genre of cya industry speak?

I would appreciate an explanation from anyone who understands the merits of this 'mode'... it just seemed that you were in touch with it Obsidian... thx

haha well we are all part of that industry :roll eyes:

everybody has different ways to find-follow the trend..for me it is price movements and is simple as “…a daily close above 1652 may be enough to hit 1670 …”

of course these numbers-ifs are not random...those are the levels which make me believe that # of buyers># of seller (or vice versa) enough to reach the next s/r level(s)...

now lets look at today's chart: yesterday closed above 1652 and today we got a bullish candle, today's high is 1667.40

gold27.jpg.9839b617e71b377489761c90a4055607.jpg

Hi moshi

Still holding those gold bars to 1850.?

Gold futures closed down 0.5% today. Negative , but nothing but to worry about..

I think the correction is over. Keep holding.Famous last words!!

regards

bobc

daily chart says gold is heading to 1566 but of course day is not over yet...a weekly close below 1597 means free fall until 1464-1430..imvho...

time for a break? seems like gold is going to touch 1564-1577 before it turns south

gold17.jpg.659201d4323682330c6b3585a6e0866e.jpg

time for a break? seems like gold is going to touch 1564-1577 before it turns south

didn't imagine it would be this fast...that means this move may extend to 1595..hmmm

gold17a.jpg.4206b8f6425378d9215a9dcc3f52624d.jpg

didn't imagine it would be this fast...that means this move may extend to 1595..hmmm

Short cover rallies are vicious - especially in Gold. More, more, more downside to come IMO.

After correction up to 1610-1620 area.

Real test from a fundamental point of view may be if the QE spectre raises its head again with Greece, and Spain recent downgrades, more money printing, and the specter of inflation again (even though Gold has been a horrible measure for this) ..... if there is not a lot of rallying from that - heading south.

Otherwise all bets off.

I think its a good time to start buying a tranche or two. I can't see how a big bailout can be avoided in Europe ... if not Greece then one of the other PIIGS. And eventually the US itself!

MMS

Hi MMS

Not this week.Fundamentally.......

There is an inverse corrolation between the gold price and the dollar.

While the dollar is strong and is getting stonger , gold will stagnate.

And a bailout in the euro will send more money chasing the $.

When the $ starts going down, thens the time to buy gold.

Investors are always looking for safe havens. Even at 0% interest.

kind regards

bobc

1574-81 area is tough nut to crack..I was expecting a jump towards 1597 before it turns south but things change :roll eyes:...unless it is back above 1600, still thinking about a nice correction to 1460-1430

1574-81 area is tough nut to crack..I was expecting a jump towards 1597 before it turns south but things change :roll eyes:...unless it is back above 1600, still thinking about a nice correction to 1460-1430

Dear Obsidian

I am confused .

What are you predicting?

Is price going to break resistance - 1580?

And then go to 1600?

And then fall?

Or is it going to correct?

Soon ?

regards

bobc