Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TheNegotiator

The Question of Randomness

Clearly there are different views on the whole topic of randomness and often it's trading strategy which determines this.

A question I feel has been less than fully explored which does interest me, is that at times any market can display as good as random behaviour. Depending on where the market is trading with respect to the auction or an MA or whatever, or what type of conditions are present, give us clues as to what might happen and most importantly, where it might happen. But what about outside the construct of strong price activity and high probability entry levels? What about if you get stuck in "the noise"? How random is the behaviour of the market in "no man's land"? My contention is that it can appear quite random even to the well prepared. That's surely the whole reason for doing preparation- to identify areas which you believe will bring better odds of success and to identify market activity to go with or avoid.

Yes if 99% use MA's. I don't think they do though, but someone has to make up the 90% quotient who lose.

Seems like you are making a hope based assumption that only noobs lose.

I did not bother responding,

because only a fantasizing noob would say that.