Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Wells said WrbTrader.

The points that differentiate this forum from the others is the quality of the content and the lack of negative personal and off-topic bashing that drives content from the forum.

The vast marjority of the posters here and on every other forum lack the ability to create indicators, methods and protocols on their own. Whether these come in the trading platform, tutoring or as add-ons, most buy them and come here hoping to supplement them.

Knowledge of available products and services gives everybody more access, more choices and a better unerstanding of the state of the art in both technologies and methods.

After all - "Success in the markets is not about instinct, divine inspiration or spontaneous intellectual combustion. It is about intelligent data processing, sound method and the management of risk and resource that is both effective and adaptive to change."

Of all the forums, James was first to recognize that posts from vendors can add value and as long as the posts were not too spammy not only allowed them, he encourged them - to the benefit of the forum. That enlighted view seems to continue.

Bashing a post or poster just because the poster is a vendor creates the same kind of content desert that is ET. If there is an issue with the product or service address that - vendor, content and format over substance forum Police do far more harm to the forum than any vendor post.

UrmaBlume

Edited by MadMarketScientist
sensitive word

Wells said WrbTrader.

The points that differentiate this forum from the others is the quality of the content and the lack of negative personal and off-topic bashing that drives content from the forum.

The vast marjority of the posters here and on every other forum lack the ability to create indicators, methods and protocols on their own. Whether these come in the trading platform, tutoring or as add-ons, most buy them and come here hoping to supplement them.

Knowledge of available products and services gives everybody more access, more choices and a better unerstanding of the state of the art in both technologies and methods.

After all - "Success in the markets is not about instinct, divine inspiration or spontaneous intellectual combustion. It is about intelligent data processing, sound method and the management of risk and resource that is both effective and adaptive to change."

Of all the forums, James was first to recognize that posts from vendors can add value and as long as the posts were not too spammy not only allowed them, he encourged them - to the benefit of the forum. That enlighted view seems to continue.

Bashing a post or poster just because the poster is a vendor creates the same kind of content desert that is ET. If there is an issue with the product or service address that - vendor, content and format over substance forum Police do far more harm to the forum than any vendor post.

UrmaBlume

Why are you ranting?

It seems to me you have it pretty good here: you get to push your product without paying anything and the owner thinks it benefits the site for you to talk about your product in the name of providing "content."

You should be happy. LOL

Edited by MadMarketScientist
sensitive word

Thanks Tams, maybe your right. Although somehow I think I've heard those wise words somewhere before!;)

It always took my older brother to drag me out of stupid fights I would get into. I appreciate your efforts!

Is Tams, Racer X from Speed Racer?

There are 3 types of non-sponsor vendors who frequent discussion forums like this one:

The first type are the snake oil salemen, scammer, also known as spammers.

they would make innocent looking posts like this:

Second type of vendors, although they are non-sponsors, made it known that they are vending, because they have their business name in the tag line, or somewhere easily identifiable.

Third type of vendors are stealth vendors. They hide the fact that they are vending. They post fancy charts to entice you, or to discuss their method in great length, but without really disclosing their method. It is when you are hooked, then they would say,

... my software is available for $1,400 per year, or

... I am starting a new class next month, or

... you can come to my blog.

The first type of vendors' posts get deleted almost immediately; you seldom see them.

The second type is not my business; MMM can do whatever he wants.

It is the third type that is most disturbing to us.

if you are not doing any of the above, you are not a "non-sponsoring vendor" in my eyes.

The worst type IMO are the vendors who spout that they make a lot of money and have a high success rate and are unwilling to substantiate any of it in real time.

If you are going to boast about your success, you should be willing to disclose it or prove that you can do what you are saying especially if you are seeking compensation for whatever it is that you are selling.

I do not think it is bashing when someone, like yours truly, tries to expose these individuals for what they really are.

To me people who sell indicators are harmless unless they cross the line into the area where they are spouting how their indicator has made them successful and they now refuse to show that they can use their indicator in real time.

It seems to me that this thread has degenerated into a witch hunt, and not all vendors are witches.

If someone posting here has had to be "discovered" and then "outed" as a vendor, then it stands to reason that he or she was posting here as a community member and not as a vendor.

When a long time solid contributor such as Blowfish can stand up for someone like wrbtrader who seems wrongly to have been accused of witch craft can then get ripped as he has here, then the witchhunt is on and any value this thread or its subject matter may have has is gone.

I'd rather deal with a thousand shills than have one person on a vendetta drive off a gem like Blowfish. And for anyone familar with Blowfish and his contributions to TL, well, if he vouches for wrbtrader then that should be enough to give wrbt the benefit of the doubt.

Now, I haven't read all of this person's posts, but he seems like a regular guy to me. Are we to brand him with a scarlet letter because he runs a business that has never been mentioned on TL except by the with hunters themselves?

And one more thing folks, I have no idea why this is so, but traders (or those who wish to become such) seem to be clueless when it comes to business and capitalism. A survey of traders would likely reveal that each considers himself a capitalist, or at least pro-capitalism. And yet almost to a one, those who populate forums seem to think that anyone who seeks to profit on legitimate knowledge is somehow taking advanatage of others.

I have wasted money on vendors whose product was little more than dirty bath water.

I have benefited and profited handsomely from the information I bought from other vendors whose products were as precious as a little baby.

This thread is a good example of how an emotional over reaction to a legitimate concern can lead to throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Edited by thalestrader

It seems to me that this thread has degenerated into a witch hunt, and not all vendors are witches.

If someone posting here has had to be "discovered" and then "outed" as a vendor, then it stands to reason that he or she was posting here as a community member and not as a vendor.

When a long time solid contributor such as Blowfish can stand up for someone like wrbtrader who seems wrongly to have been accused of witch craft can then get ripped as he has here, then the witchhunt is on and any value this thread or its subject matter may have has is gone.

I'd rather deal with a thousand shills than have one person on a vendetta drive off a gem like Blowfish. And for anyone familar with Blowfish and his contributions to TL, well, if he vouches for wrbtrader then that should be enough to give wrbt the benefit of the doubt.

Now, I haven't read all of this person's posts, but he seems like a regular guy to me. Are we to brand him with a scarlet letter because he runs a business that has never been mentioned on TL except by the with hunters themselves?

And one more thing folks, I have no idea why this is so, but traders (or those who wish to become such) seem to be clueless when it comes to business and capitalism. A survey of traders would likely reveal that each considers himself a capitalist, or at least pro-capitalism. And yet almost to a one, those who populate forums seem to think that anyone who seeks to profit on legitimate knowledge is somehow taking advanatage of others.

I have wasted money on vendors whose product was little more than dirty bath water.

I have benefited and profited handsomely from the information I bought from other vendors whose products were as precious as a little baby.

This thread is a good example of how an emotional over reaction to a legitimate concern can lead to throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Hi Thalestrader,

Blowfish and I have worked out our disagreement via PM, I think as well of his opinion here at TL as you do I'm sure. Please understand that this vendor list is not a witch hunt or a judgement of someones character; it is in place only to to make public the possible/ probable differences in intentions between the posts of a vendor member and that of a regular community member.

The Volume Price Relationship is without a doubt very true and at work every day. I even wrote a book about it. (Trading With The Tape)

There is a lot of smoke and mirrors in volume. It takes a long time to understand what volumes to look at and why. For Example: Histogram Bars, Footprint, Market Profile, DOM, T&S, Big orders, Small Orders, Quotes, no volume, weak volume, exhaustion volume, etc.... The list goes on...

This in itself is a full time job for years! Once a trader can understand this though I believe they can paint a good picture of the volume/price relationship.

Good Luck!

Go to TradeWithVolume if you would like more information on volumes. I offer free copies of books by Wyckoff and Jessy Livermore. These were the 2 best volume readers publicly known.

Have a great day!

.......... another pitch

BTW, free copies of books by Wyckoff and Jessy Livermore are available everywhere, he doesn't have to "offer" it. They are available right here in TradersLaboratory.

There is nothing exclusive in this search to identify vendors. All members are welcome to help. Please let us know if you've found a TL member attempting to sell you or others anything on or off this site.

Our vendor list with names product and price:

alleyb / trading site mentorship / $800 per year

asiaforexmentor / trading education / $399 course $8497 personal coaching

Dbphoenix / ebook / $30

Dionysus Toast / indicator package / $249

doubletop11 / indicator package / $1000 per year

EasyTrader_I / programming service / $30 per hour

Eiger / mentorship courses / $69 - $1199

electroniclocal / 3 day seminar / $5000

Fulcrum Trader /training & chatroom /$97 per month chat & $397 - $697 training

Jleon / newsletter & system provider / $100 per month news & $2500 system

Lil Miss Markets / sector specific trade alerts / unknown, through email only

Logic / manual / $750

lrushing / trading education / $37 per month

nhallett / 5 hour course / $297

NihabaAshi & wrbtrader / training / $193 - $473

Plugger / trading program / $1997

Predictor / manual and mentorship / unknown, through email add only

Rande Howell / multi media courses + 10 personal sessions / $ 2997

RicyBS / trading program / unknown, through email only

steve46 / daily coaching / $200 per month

swisstrader / multicharts package/ free - $9990

TheRumpledOne / indicators / $50

thetradingdoctor / coaching/ $250 per 50 min

Tim Racette / ebook / $49

tjnoon / trading system / unknown, through email only

tradingadvantagetm / training / unknown, through email add only

Urma Blume / tradestation inducator package addon / $1400 per year

windsurfer / trading program / $50 per month

xkr1962 / training & mentorship / $8000 - $16,000

I will post the others after discovering what they are trying to sell and for how much. Thanks

There is nothing exclusive in this search to identify vendors. All members are welcome to help. Please let us know if you've found a TL member attempting to sell you or others anything on or off this site.

Our vendor list with names product and price:

alleyb / trading site mentorship / $800 per year

asiaforexmentor / trading education / $399 course $8497 personal coaching

Dbphoenix / ebook / $30

Dionysus Toast / indicator package / $249

doubletop11 / indicator package / $1000 per year

EasyTrader_I / programming service / $30 per hour

Eiger / mentorship courses / $69 - $1199

electroniclocal / 3 day seminar / $5000

Fulcrum Trader /training & chatroom /$97 per month chat & $397 - $697 training

Jleon / newsletter & system provider / $100 per month news & $2500 system

Lil Miss Markets / sector specific trade alerts / unknown, through email only

Logic / manual / $750

lrushing / trading education / $37 per month

nhallett / 5 hour course / $297

NihabaAshi & wrbtrader / training / $193 - $473

Plugger / trading program / $1997

Predictor / manual and mentorship / unknown, through email add only

Rande Howell / multi media courses + 10 personal sessions / $ 2997

RicyBS / trading program / unknown, through email only

steve46 / daily coaching / $200 per month

swisstrader / multicharts package/ free - $9990

TheRumpledOne / indicators / $50

thetradingdoctor / coaching/ $250 per 50 min

Tim Racette / ebook / $49

tjnoon / trading system / unknown, through email only

tradingadvantagetm / training / unknown, through email add only

Urma Blume / tradestation inducator package addon / $1400 per year

windsurfer / trading program / $50 per month

xkr1962 / training & mentorship / $8000 - $16,000

zapisy / trading program / $1499

I will post the others after discovering what they are trying to sell and for how much. Thanks