Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Should add that the VPOC target of 68 is actually more because it's last WEEK'S VPOC -- MWF last week had about the same price, and it's the mode of this entire upper distribution which goes from 60 or so to 77. And, it's right at the Sunday open just before the move down overnight.

EDIT: just now (3:17) added 1 @ 63.25, seems like a logical add point. But, will reduce it at 62.00 if it retraces further.

Well we didn't get there today, but I'll leave this open with stop at BE and see if 68 can get reached afterhours.

Stopped at BE a little earlier at 61.75... still it was profitable, but the market not strong enough to get to high 60s without auctioning lower..

Looking at it this morning there's the 52.00 I was looking for yesterday... one day early and a dollar short... :angry:

Hope you all have a good day

I did take a long aginst the 52.00 area for a scalp... targeting 55.00 on a rotation...

So..now... is the play to close the gap? Next CLVN under is 47.75 ish... and CHVN 49.25ish...

edit: Got to 54.75..GRRR..bailed bought me coffee...

:missy:

Edited by roztom

Today, ES is telling me that it wants to test the area just above 50 for a better gauge of trend strength. The past 3 days we have made lower highs(within that wide 2/29 bar) and lower value too. I discuss a little in this thread:-

Time for a Top in ES?

Currently we are still in the 11-day balance. Anyway, here's a chart:-

attachment.php?attachmentid=27773&stc=1&d=1331056305

2012-03-06_4.thumb.jpg.2a672fed725090dcfc92d5a59d68021d.jpg

Edited by TheNegotiator

Looks like most of this was stolen overnight..so now??? Continuation trades on rotations..?

I am going to be waiting to see if we get responsive buying down here after they carry a few carcasses out... Got to watch the afternoon for a potential rotation/Neutral Day but anything can happen.. possible squaring up in front of tomorrows reports... :2c:

possible squaring up in front of tomorrows reports... :2c:

or NFP on Friday -- ADP tomorrow has been way off the actual NFP number the last few months. NFP is what took this market above 1330, and the market may be returning to the scene of the crime.

FWIW, we were 65% greater globex volume, but so far only 33% greater RTH volume. Median globex volume over 20 days is 297K, with a median range of 9.00 (with RTH being 9.25).

My own fault I guess, but on the other hand there is a bit of a wrestling match going on here. I ended up shorting 48.75 with a view to looking for 44.50 and 43.50 initially. I got out at 46.75 as it looked like it had turned. I should probably have held unless 48 was taken out, but hey. It reversed from the VWAP again and hit (less a tick) the 27.2% gap extension. Meh.:doh:

My own fault I guess, but on the other hand there is a bit of a wrestling match going on here. I ended up shorting 48.75 with a view to looking for 44.50 and 43.50 initially. I got out at 46.75 as it looked like it had turned. I should probably have held unless 48 was taken out, but hey. It reversed from the VWAP again and hit (less a tick) the 27.2% gap extension. Meh.:doh:

Nice Short...I started short @ 47.00 & also dumped it..then resold @ 45.75... all together then I traded around rotations all the way down...

This Globex rally is suprising.. looks like we got our squaring up in front of the report right after RTH close... Dem Bums...

Anyone going to be trading today? Could be quite an interesting session.

Yes -- from what I read, we won't know for sure an official status on the debt swap situation until tomorrow though, so I don't know if the afternoon deadline will mean much today, unless of course we get headlines, which of course I would not be surprised at..

I'm rolled over to ESM, and backfilled, and hate rollover days because the volume numbers are a bit more unfamiliar for me to read, whether I'm on the old or front month.

It can become a little unsettling but I think if you are just a bit more selective then there are still opportunities. I don't love roll days myself in fairness. I think if it does move I'll trade it today, but if the debt swap thing puts a dampener on things, I'll not bother.

On a different note, Apple's new ipad hasn't been well distinguished with its new name has it? Not "ipad 3", not "ipad hd", but "the new ipad". Poor SJ, he must be grinding his teeth somewhere.

It can become a little unsettling but I think if you are just a bit more selective then there are still opportunities. I don't love roll days myself in fairness. I think if it does move I'll trade it today, but if the debt swap thing puts a dampener on things, I'll not bother.

On a different note, Apple's new ipad hasn't been well distinguished with its new name has it? Not "ipad 3", not "ipad hd", but "the new ipad". Poor SJ, he must be grinding his teeth somewhere.

Yikes.. "the new iPad" ... though, it looks cool, and finally has LTE .. I guess we know that "the new iPhone" or whatever it will be called will almost certainly have it, finally.

Time will be 0600 GMT (1am EST) for final word on debt swap.

On another note, rollover days are a reason I don't put a lot of faith in a long term profile for a futures contract. IQFeed started their new contract today, but most of the volume even now is still trading on the H contract; so in the continuous contract you will have a lot of market activity from today that will never be shown. A question: why not use SPY for a long term profile? It doesn't roll over (unlike ES), and has volume information available for profiling (unlike SPX).

On another note, rollover days are a reason I don't put a lot of faith in a long term profile for a futures contract. IQFeed started their new contract today, but most of the volume even now is still trading on the H contract; so in the continuous contract you will have a lot of market activity from today that will never be shown. A question: why not use SPY for a long term profile? It doesn't roll over (unlike ES), and has volume information available for profiling (unlike SPX).

True, but it's not the instrument itself. I don't think the way data is rolled is ideal, but it is what it is. I think it is useful still though.

I get unsettled with rollover days also... since the volume doesn't come in until the day gets going and I don't trust the Globex Volume, etc... I I still do read the charts, the old fashioed way and am long and sitting as we float up... I have a NVPOC ESM @ 62.50 and a CHVN 62.25...have no clue what to think about it but that is my target for this trade... a few ticks before...

Hope you all are having a good day...

Holy Guacamole.. We hit 62.50 and I got my fill at 61.75,,,

As they say - "Even a blind Squirrel falls over a chestnut once in a while." :rofl:

It's nice when it all works like a clock... I also added on rotations so built a nice position.. there was a VP LVN @ 57.25 and IBH there so I added there... took no heat...

Still working on varibale timeframe strategies... manually doing numbers - :crap:

I got long this morning ater we tested yesterdays close and scaled just over GBX high & before 68.75 close ..

Holding last runner... Not sure if done for day or we will see more buying... (If you know will you PLEASE tell me... :doh:

SO far "F" period is good RE and Low VOlume area sitting @ 64.75... + Current Mid-point as of 9:49 cst...

I am going to be looking to add on rotations assuming everything stays glued together...

Good Trading...

I got long this morning ater we tested yesterdays close and scaled just over GBX high & before 68.75 close ..

Holding last runner... Not sure if done for day or we will see more buying... (If you know will you PLEASE tell me... :doh:

SO far "F" period is good RE and Low VOlume area sitting @ 64.75... + Current Mid-point as of 9:49 cst...

I am going to be looking to add on rotations assuming everything stays glued together...

Good Trading...

I took the 68.50's short for a move to IBH and mid/high vol at 65. It did the IBH. It's not looking too great for the mid at the moment although I've not given up on the position just yet.

I took the 68.50's short for a move to IBH and mid/high vol at 65. It did the IBH. It's not looking too great for the mid at the moment although I've not given up on the position just yet.

I certainly see where you are coming from on this one... I wrestled with exiting everything at the 68.75 area... but...... I am holding .. I can never tell how much rotation we will get, however IMHO your thinking is sound at those areas... same reason I'm looking for rotation to pick up a continuation trade down below..

We are aligned... helmet on...

Good Trading...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Quantower
      The main goal of this thread is to show what Power Trades is and how it works in different markets. We will show some patterns on the ES and NQ futures, as well as discuss possible improvements to this functionality.
      What is Power Trades?
      Ok, first we will consider what the Power Trades is and how it finds zones.
      Power Trades shows the zones with the execution of a large number of orders in a very short time, which will affect the price change with a high probability.
      Here are a few examples of how it looks like

How it finds zones?
      There is a continuous process of placing, changing and executing orders in the market. All this affects the price change and the expectations of traders regarding the future price.
      When a large order appears at a certain level, the price is more likely to come to this order and it will be executed because the market is always looking for levels with liquidity. This already applies to the order flow and the mechanics of orders matching, so we will omit the principles on which the orders are matched.
      It is only important to understand that "abnormal events" occur in the market at certain times. Execution of a significant volume of orders in a very short time is one of such events.
      The Power Trades Scanner has several important settings that directly affect the results:

Total Volume — the minimum value of the volume that should be traded during the specified time interval
      Time Interval, sec — the time over which the Total Volume should be traded
      Basis Volume Interval, sec — this parameter shows how much % took the traded volume in the total volume for the specified time.
      Zone Height, ticks — this parameter will show only those zones where the height is less than or equal to the specified value (in ticks).
      Level2 level count — the number of levels that are involved in the calculation of Imbalance and the Level 2 Ratio column in the table of results.
      Filter by Delta,% — the parameter will show zones that have a delta value greater than or equal to that specified in the setting. The value must be specified by the module, so the table will show both positive and negative delta values. We recommend paying attention to the zones with the delta above 50% (taking into account the specifics of each trading instrument).
      For example, let's set the Total Volume of 2000 contracts and Time Interval in 3 seconds on the E-mini SP500 futures. This means that the scan will be based on the available history and will show on the chart only those zones that have such a volume for the specified time.

Additionally, it is worth to set a delta value to filter out the zones with one-side trades. The more delta value, the high probability that the price will reverse.

So, as a starting point about this scanner, I think this information will be enough
    • By makuchaku
      Hi everyone,
      This is my maiden analysis using volume profile - so please don't hesitate to share your feedback.
      As per the attached analysis, I think that SPY is primed for a short - for many reasons
      - Multiple strong rejection of long positions exist at Resistance R1 and R2 : seems like sellers defending their positions
      - Very strong short volume seen at R2 : further signifying sellers who are ready at that level
      However, once the price reaches Support S1, there seems to be a strong buying sentiment which has rejected previous shorts. You can see trading ranges & pullbacks to S1 where buyers and sellers seem to agree on a price range, often leading to a buyer dominance.
      What do you think?

• By TraderJoe
      Hey All,
      does anyone sell Volume Profile Indicator for NT8.

Regards
  • Topics

• $STOK Stoke Therapeutics stock back to 11.39 gap support with high trade quality, https://stockconsultant.com/?STOK
    • $HPE Hewlett Packard Enterprise stock low volume pullback to the 17.02 triple+ support area, https://stockconsultant.com/?HPE
    • $VKTX Viking Therapeutics stock attempting to move higher off the 64.24 support area, volume 47% above normal, https://stockconsultant.com/?VKTX
    • Date: 26th April 2024. Alphabet Easily Beat Earnings Predictions But Focus Shifts to Today’s PCE Data. Microsoft and Alphabet’s earnings reports beat expectations pushing the NASDAQ to the top of the charts. The Bank of Japan keep interest rates unchanged applying pressure on the Japanese Yen. The Yen Index declines 0.36% and is down 40% against the USD over the past 5 years. The US GDP growth rate falls below its 2.5% expectations, reading 1.6%, but economists advise the Fed may only cut once in 2024! The market turns its attention to the Core PCE Price Index which analysts expect to fall from 2.8% to 2.6%. USA100 – Alphabet Easily Beat Analysts’ Earnings Predictions and Sees its P/E Ratio Fall! The price of the NASDAQ ended the day higher and rose to a slightly higher high. As a result, the index is close to forming a traditional bullish trend and making Wednesday’s decline a retracement or medium-term correction. In terms technical analysis, indicators are mainly indicating a reverting price condition where the asset cannot maintain longer term momentum. However, momentum indications provide a slight bullish bias. The upward price movement is being driven by earnings reports from Microsoft and Alphabet which beat earnings expectations. Microsoft is the most influential stock for the NASDAQ while Alphabet is the third most influential. Alphabet’s earnings beat expectations by 21.61% and revenue rose more than $6 billion. As a result, the price of the stock rose 11.56% after market close. Furthermore, Microsoft’s Earnings Per Share beat Wall Street’s expectations by 3.40% and revenue by 1.50%. The stock rose by 4.30% after market close and is close to trading at the all-time high. However, investors should note that from the “magnificent 7”, Alphabet and Meta have the lowest Price to Earnings ratio. Meaning these stocks are the most likely to be trading below their intrinsic value. However, investors should note that negatives for the stock market in general remain. This also supports the bias shown by technical analysis. The GDP growth rate fell considerably below expectations while inflation data continues to show signs of rising prices. Investors will closely be monitoring today’s Core PCE Price Index which is the most watched index by the Federal Reserve. Analysts expect the Core PCE Price Index to fall from 2.8% to 2.6%. If the index reads more than 0.3%, a rate cut will become unlikely making stocks less attractive. Whereas, if the PCE Price Index is not as high as expectations, Bond Yields will likely decline, as will the US Dollar and a rate cut will be put back on the table. As a result, investors may look to take advantage of the strong earnings and continue purchasing stocks. USDJPY – BOJ Hold Interest Rates Unchanged! The price of the USDJPY exchange rate again rose to an all-time recent high after increasing in value for 3 consecutive days. Trend and momentum-based indicators point towards a higher price. However, the exchange rate is trading within the overbought range of most oscillators and is also showing a divergence pattern. Both are known to indicate a decline, but not necessarily a complete change of trend. The Bank of Japan’s statement from earlier this morning was largely “dovish” and gave no clear indication that the central bank wishes to keep rising interest rates. However, shortly the Governor will answer questions from journalists and may give a more hawkish tone. Either way, investors are mainly concentrating on if the Federal Government will again opt to intervene within the currency market. Most economists believe the intervention will only come if the USD continues to rise and it will not be before the Core PCE Price Index. Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business. Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report. Click HERE to access the full HFM Economic calendar. Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE! Click HERE to READ more Market news. Michalis Efthymiou Market Analyst HFMarkets Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.
    • 📁 Population in 2100, as projected by UN Population Division.   🇮🇳 India: 1,533 million 🇨🇳 China: 771 million 🇳🇬 Nigeria: 546 million 🇵🇰 Pakistan: 487 million 🇨🇩 Congo: 431 million 🇺🇸 US: 394 million 🇪🇹 Ethiopia: 323 million 🇮🇩 Indonesia: 297 million 🇹🇿 Tanzania: 244 million 🇪🇬 Egypt: 205 million 🇧🇷 Brazil: 185 million 🇵🇭 Philippines: 180 million 🇧🇩 Bangladesh: 177 million 🇳🇪 Niger: 166 million 🇸🇩 Sudan: 142 million 🇦🇴 Angola: 133 million 🇺🇬 Uganda: 132 million 🇲🇽 Mexico: 116 million 🇰🇪 Kenya: 113 million 🇷🇺 Russia: 112 million 🇮🇶 Iraq: 111 million 🇦🇫 Afghanistan: 110 million   @FinancialWorldUpdates Profits from free accurate cryptos signals: https://www.predictmag.com/   

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.