Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

New Site Design Launched!

I'm not sure if this is a known issue or not, but I just noticed that at the top of each forum page that I load on TL, there is some kind of error message being displayed. I attached a screenshot of what I'm talking about, but the error is:

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/trade/public_html/forums/showthread.php(2157) : eval()'d code on line 83"

Screenshot: diablo272-albums-jjjjjjjjj-picture74-tlupgradeex1.png

This is in Firefox 3.5.2

Thanks diablo, this has been fixed. What we are trying to do now is to enhance the private threads area so members can freely create private threads, invite other members, and have the ability to remove and add new users into their threads as well. The error script code was due to bugs within this new system we are trying to implement but has been fixed now. Thanks.

Hi James,

I have not had the problem since the ads were removed.

Thank You,

Thales

I opened up TL and immediately the my computer got funky. Lo and Behold, there is that FX OPen add and my CPU spiked to insane levels.

5aa70f1f9aecc_CPUSpikeFXOpen2.jpg.b7a56f9eec1d055585673aeba211ddec.jpg

Hi thales, this has been disabled. We are working on the issues right now. Thanks.

I have never seen anything like it anywhere. Maybe those ads have some sort of heavy duty spyware attached to them and the cpu spikes are due to attempt at covert installation. I'm just guessing, of course. But TL loads and runs fine so long as the page does not have those FXOpen ads.

The formatting of the banners when uploading into our ad management system went wrong. We are trying to fix this issue at the moment.

I have never seen anything like it anywhere. Maybe those ads have some sort of heavy duty spyware attached to them and the cpu spikes are due to attempt at covert installation. I'm just guessing, of course. But TL loads and runs fine so long as the page does not have those FXOpen ads.

Is this even possible out of curiosity? These are .swf files... we currently do not support the recent fancy formats.

Is this even possible out of curiosity? These are .swf files... we currently do not support the recent fancy formats.

My understanding is that it is now possible for ad banners to add tracking cookies to a users computer by simply being viewed, i.e. no click through is necessary. But I am not a programmer, and that information is based on what I have "heard," so unless it is verified by someone or some source that is more technologically knowledgable than I, I'd take it with the proverbial grain of salt. I was simply conjecturing as to why it was only when those particular ads were displayed that my computer cpu spiked so high.

James

Just to prove I look over this great site very closely.......

It still says "Marketing Scientists" i/o of "Market Scientists" on the Traders Laboratory logo on the lower right of page.

Cheers

James

It still says "Marketing Scientists" i/o of "Market Scientists" on the Traders Laboratory logo on the lower right of page.

Cheers

oops............................

My understanding is that it is now possible for ad banners to add tracking cookies to a users computer by simply being viewed, i.e. no click through is necessary. But I am not a programmer, and that information is based on what I have "heard," so unless it is verified by someone or some source that is more technologically knowledgable than I, I'd take it with the proverbial grain of salt. I was simply conjecturing as to why it was only when those particular ads were displayed that my computer cpu spiked so high.

Hi thalestrader, we fixed the formatting of the ads and seems to have fixed the issues you had brought up. I am hoping that the changes will also reflect on your end. Please do let me know if you still experience spikes in CPU. Thank you and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

James

James

Cheers

Hi Moyyim, I appreciate the notices as I did not even notice this myself. We have managed to change this up. Thanks again.

James

Cheers

That gave me a good laugh :D

The thread title is automatically formatted as 1st letter in upper case, and all the remaining letters in lower case.

It is not possible to make all caps when needed.

e.g.

Arsi should be ARSI

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f46/arsi-6725.html

Ttm should be TTM

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f56/ttm-confirmation-dots-6762.html

Will look into this Tams. Thanks for reporting.

Hello James,

It appears that recent attachments "view counts" are no longer being displayed. Older attachments seem to report the number of views, but newer attachments are not displaying view-hits. I am not sure if this is an issue per say or a possible design change. But I thought I would report the observation nonetheless.

Thanks,

Edited by ehorn
descriptor

When opening user control panel ( CP ) / quick links / favorites - there is nothing there and it directs to ' no subscribed threads '

Have you add anything to your favorites? If not, then there should be nothing. When I do that, it shows the threads I have added.

Have you add anything to your favorites? If not, then there should be nothing. When I do that, it shows the threads I have added.

yes under thread tool, add to favorites. then I go to user cp - quick link - favs and nothing is there