Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

New Site Design Launched!

Hi all,

After over 2 months of work, we have finally decided to launch our new site design. One of the big improvements of the new design is the reduction in site load. We have managed to reduce to 1/4th of the previous loading speed.

What do you all think? Please use this thread to discuss the new release.

There are still minor tweaks that needs to be finished which we will be working on the next few days.

Please do report any bugs or finds. Your feedbacks are comments are important to us. Thank you.

James, along with the reductions to the time of site load I think the site has a great new look, very professional.:applaud:

Was it always "Marketing Scientists" at the top or was it "Market Scientists"? Marketing sounds like we're good at pushing products or something.

Will go notify my designer. Thanks for the notice.

I like the new design, but we now have about 3 inches of fluff between each post. It's got to the point of being quite difficult to find the post on the page. If you actually want to read through a thread you have to use the print view.

Is there any chance of putting this stuff to the side of the posts rather than in-line where it interferes with reading the thread. Or even better have a way of hiding it. Maybe collapse the post header down to a compact form with a little [+] button. On other sites turning off avatars and sigs leaves you with a pretty easy to read format. Not so with TL.

I've just noticed the format of the topic review you get when composing a reply. Something like that would be great.

Hi Soultrader,

On the Home and Forum main pages under “Featured Forums” at the bottom, clicking Market Profile takes you to the Candlestick Corner instead.

Also, do you need to include the Registered/Trademark symbol for MP?

Excellent site design. A big Thumbs Up!

Hello Soultrader.

The new style of the website is absolutely great. I really like it. So much faster to load and really the new style and color used.

Big Kudo to you for having implemeted this.

This trading forum is really the best

Shreem:)

I like the new design, but we now have about 3 inches of fluff between each post. It's got to the point of being quite difficult to find the post on the page. If you actually want to read through a thread you have to use the print view.

Is there any chance of putting this stuff to the side of the posts rather than in-line where it interferes with reading the thread. Or even better have a way of hiding it. Maybe collapse the post header down to a compact form with a little [+] button. On other sites turning off avatars and sigs leaves you with a pretty easy to read format. Not so with TL.

I've just noticed the format of the topic review you get when composing a reply. Something like that would be great.

Thank you for your feedbacks. The request to minimize the space between posts have been sent. A collapsible format including the header would be rather difficult.

Hi Soultrader,

On the Home and Forum main pages under “Featured Forums” at the bottom, clicking Market Profile takes you to the Candlestick Corner instead.

Also, do you need to include the Registered/Trademark symbol for MP?

Excellent site design. A big Thumbs Up!

Thanks ochie, the errors have been fixed and trademark removed for now. However, I am not sure if it needs to be included so may need to add this later again.

Was it always "Marketing Scientists" at the top or was it "Market Scientists"? Marketing sounds like we're good at pushing products or something.

This has been fixed.. it was quite embarrassing not to notice this myself. Thank you.

Hi Tams, I believe this has been fixed today. Please let me know if you continue to see this issue. Thanks.

Hi James

Thanks also from my side for your great effort.

Peter

Twice this morning I've noticed that when I post I go back to the page but it doesnt show my post. If I press F5 it does.

Now, I'm running firefox 3.7alpha so I couldn't guarantee its a site problem.

Twice this morning I've noticed that when I post I go back to the page but it doesnt show my post. If I press F5 it does.

Now, I'm running firefox 3.7alpha so I couldn't guarantee its a site problem.

Hi Kiwi,

I noticed this too on firefox and with other sites as well. I havent seen this problem in any other browser as of yet. I suspecting its a firefox issue but am having my coders look into this. Thanks.

Just tested with Chrome 4.0.204 (a bit bleeding edge as well) and had the same issue.

Actually James. Something that is a feature here is a negative from my view. When I log on again (i use the getnew function: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew) then pages I just exited don't show which makes it hard to get back to them (harder).

Is there a search function that picks up the last 24 or 36 hours showing threads since last search above some line? I guess I can just use the front page if not.

Also, I don't seem to be able to delete a post I've just left so the test post is still there. Deletion so that only mods can see what was left behind seems to me to be a function that results in tidier threads.

Just tested with Chrome 4.0.204 (a bit bleeding edge as well) and had the same issue.

Actually James. Something that is a feature here is a negative from my view. When I log on again (i use the getnew function: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew) then pages I just exited don't show which makes it hard to get back to them (harder).

Is there a search function that picks up the last 24 or 36 hours showing threads since last search above some line? I guess I can just use the front page if not.

Also, I don't seem to be able to delete a post I've just left so the test post is still there. Deletion so that only mods can see what was left behind seems to me to be a function that results in tidier threads.

Hi Kiwi,

I have reported this to our coders. Its clearly a bug we left out and need to implement.

Regarding the browser issue, I will look into this asap. Thanks.

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but I noticed that the "Views" count for a particular thread has stopped updating.

Hi Ant, thank you for the notification. I have reported this bug to my coder as well. We currently have a list of about 15 bugs that we are fixing in order. Im hoping to get all these resolved within the next few days. Thanks.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but whenever a page loads with that "FXopen" advertisement, my CPU spikes and my machine runs slow, and I am unable to scroll down a page and read the forum. It only happens when that advertisment is displayed.

Best Wishes,

Thales

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but whenever a page loads with that "FXopen" advertisement, my CPU spikes and my machine runs slow, and I am unable to scroll down a page and read the forum. It only happens when that advertisment is displayed.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Just tried it again - cpu usage measures between 0-4% and whenever I load a TL page with an FXOpen ad, cpu usage spikes and hovers between 88-98%. This is on repeated tests. The second I close the TL window, cpu usage immediately drops to normal and safe levels.

I guess I'll be off TL until those ads are changed.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Just tried it again - cpu usage measures between 0-4% and whenever I load a TL page with an FXOpen ad, cpu usage spikes and hovers between 88-98%. This is on repeated tests. The second I close the TL window, cpu usage immediately drops to normal and safe levels.

I guess I'll be off TL until those ads are changed.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Hi Thales,

I am temporary halting those ads and looking into this issue. Thanks.